This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• For some strange reason, I get the gut feeling that it isn't her in the picture. I don't know WHY, but that's just the gut feeling.
    I heard someone point out that she's wearing the same heart necklace in this picture that she has worn a lot in the past. If it's not her, it's a very well thought-out hoax. I think it's more likely that she just accidentally hit upload on the wrong picture.
  • I heard someone point out that she's wearing the same heart necklace in this picture that she has worn a lot in the past.
    Yes, however, identical or extremely similar looking necklaces are not uncommon. Shit, I gave an identical one to my ex, and my sister has one too. It's practically paste jewellery, with how common it is.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't know WHY, but that's just the gut feeling.
    Her face is a very different colour to her chest? Also, what's so weird about boobs?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Also, what's so weird about boobs?
    This is my opinion on the whole thing. "Oh my gosh guys! It's a sort of famous person's tits! You know, like those things that every girl has! And since she is who she is you will never be able to see them in person or play with them or do anything that you might want to do with her!" Yeah, assuming it is legit, she's probably pretty mad at herself right about now, but the general reaction is just... ugh... I-lose-faith-in-humanity bad, as it is every time a supposedly important person flashes something.
  • Fail: The prefix "Cyber." seems to be coming back into fashion.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2010
    Just saw Takashi Miike's Audition. Did I say Eraserhead was a movie that I was truly terrified at? I withdraw that statement because that is the scariest movie I've ever seen.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Just saw Takashi Miike's Audition. Did I say Eraserhead was a movie that I was truly terrified at? I withdraw that statement becausethatis the scariest movie I've ever seen.
    That one scene (you know which one) gave me heart palpitations. No film has ever affected me quite the same way.
  • That one scene (you knowwhich one) gave me heart palpitations. No film has ever affected me quite the same way.
    I haven't seen Audition, and the mere idea of that existing on film makes my stomach churn. Fuck you Takashi Miike. Fuck you and every film of yours save "The Happiness of the Katakuris."
  • This is my opinion on the whole thing. "Oh my gosh guys! It's a sort of famous person's tits! You know, like those things that every girl has! And since she is who she is you will never be able to see them in person or play with them or do anything that you might want to do with her!" Yeah, assuming it is legit, she's probably pretty mad at herself right about now, but the general reaction is just... ugh... I-lose-faith-in-humanity bad, as it is every time a supposedly important person flashes something.
    Seriously. I looked and I was like, okay, cute boobs. What is the big deal? Granted, I see boobs every time I take off my shirt and I tend to walk around no-shirt a lot, so I supposed I am not one to be alarmed at boobs. I wish society would get to a point where some famous people showing boobs by accident was the same as them showing leg. People can be like "Hey, that's a nice looking (insert body part here) but we are not going to flip out and censor it on TV or anything." Of course, figure drawing and lots of public bathing has probably inoculated me against being shocked at lady boobs and man junk.
  • But her lady boobs are famous lady boobs.
  • I think it has more to do with a lot of people already thinking a lot about what her boobs look like and then it's all "Hey, look, there they are!" that causes all the commotion/excitement/borderline obsession.
  • Come on, guys. Even if you don't think it's a big deal, don't pretend you don't know why other people think it's a big deal.
  • edited May 2010
    I think it has more to do with a lot of people already thinking a lot about what her boobs look like and then it's all "Hey, look, there they are!" that causes all the commotion/excitement/borderline obsession.
    Quite possibly.

I probably never would have known she existed if her breasts didn't hit Twitter; I couldn't care less for her music. In other news, I will now be following Brody Dalle on Twitter. For science.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Come on, guys. Even if you don't think it's a big deal, don't pretend you don't know why other people think it's a big deal.
    I don't try to pretend that other people don't care about things like this. I know this to be the case. But I do try to ignore such things as much as possible so that I can actually do things that I care about, cause if I did pay attention, my disgust would inhibit me from doing so.

Either way, I do feel sorry for the girl. She doesn't seem the type to want this kind of attention, so it must be a PR nightmare right now.
  • I've no idea who this musician is, but I think she has very nice breasts. For the first photo I've seen of someone, having breasts on display is quite pleasant.
  • I went to the movies with a friend of mine and saw Prince of Persia (if you liked the games, you will like the movie, but it was a pretty decent summer action movie anyway), we walked out and she saw that Sex and the City 2 was starting in like 15 minutes. I actually enjoyed the show, so I thought "how bad could it be." I would rank it with Avatar as being the worst movies I have seen in the last year. It wasn't funny and eventually became genuinely offensive.

And the fun doesn't stop there. My mom called me about 4 times throughout the movie wondering where I was, I told her that we were still at the movies. She called me around when the movie ended and told me that I have lost the privilege to drive my car and that I will now have to use the absolutely shitty Howard County public transit system to get to work. Luckily for me, the central bus stop (the mall) is right around where I work and my mom doesn't usually follow through with her completely ridiculous punishments.
  • edited May 2010
    I just realised that I left my Ex-fiancée with one of my FA wings. Not getting that shit back any time soon, or likely ever. Godfuckingdamnit.

Edit - That's actually quite a serious and horrible failure on my part - a Running joke between some Flight attendants and pilots is that you give them the engagement ring first, and then set the date, buy the dress and book the caterer, but when you give them your wings, that's when you know it's actually serious. I know FAs who are married, or have long term partners, who still absolutely will not and wouldn't dream of giving their S/o their wings. For many of us, our wings are an extremely important and sentimental object.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • And the fun doesn't stop there. My mom called me about 4 times throughout the movie wondering where I was, I told her that we were still at the movies. She called me around when the movie ended and told me that I have lost the privilege to drive my car and that I will now have to use the absolutely shitty Howard County public transit system to get to work. Luckily for me, the central bus stop (the mall) is right around where I work and my mom doesn't usually follow through with her completely ridiculous punishments.
    Wait, aren't you, like, an adult? And you own this car? Wait, like, what?
  • edited May 2010
    This morning I woke up and couldn't open my eyes. They were basically glued shut. I had to pull them open with my fingers and it hurt. I'm still picking dried eye goo from my eye lashes. Ewww.

Day 8 of being sick and nothing is getting better.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited May 2010
    So I am on parental leave for the summer and my desk is going to be used by a summer student. I told support staff that the student can help himself to my books, my tea, anything really, as long as the desktop computer never gets shut down. I basically use it for batch processes which I can submit from home.

Here is the email I get today (translated into English)
    Hi,

I created a guest account on the machine and left instructions not to shut the machine down.

I booted the machine in single user mode and added a new... (explanation of what he did).
    I was sorely tempted to reply and ask him how he managed to boot the machine without shutting it down :p. Fortunately, I am not made of Fail (basically all of my computers can burst into flame simultaneously and I'd still only lose about an hours worth of work) so this had no effect on my work, but still one has to wonder at the thought process.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Wait, aren't you, like, an adult? And you own this car? Wait, like, what?
    Yep, but it doesn't really matter. She still insists on treating me like a child because I "act like a child" (meaning my love of toys and animated movies). It doesn't really matter now, as I got the key to my car back.
    As long as you live with them, parents hold all the cards.
  • As long as you live with them, parents hold all the cards.
    I've moved out and mine still tell me to clean my room. :P
    Yep, but it doesn't really matter. She still insists on treating me like a child because I "act like a child" (meaning my love of toys and animated movies). It doesn't really matter now, as I got the key to my car back.
    If you hold the deed, call them on grand theft! Maybe you can get the house in the settlement. ~_^
  • edited June 2010
    Wait, aren't you, like, an adult? And you own this car? Wait, like, what?
    QFT
    As it is I give 2/3 of my paycheck to the household every month (I'm the only one with a steady job), and I still get treated like a child.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    QFT
    As it is I give 2/3 of my paycheck to the household every month (I'm the only one with a steady job), and I still get treated like a child.
    How can so many of you agree with this statement and just willingly go along with it?! Where's your sense of dignity/pride?
  • How can so many of you agree with this statement and just willingly go along with it?! Where's your sense of dignity/pride?
    To put it simply: every family is different.

I don't necessarily agree with the statement that parents hold all the cards. If you are still dependent on them for your basic needs, then yes, they do hold most of the cards. You want to keep living there, you do your part, even if you feel it is unfair. The only thing you can really do there is be patient and work to get yourself out of the situation. But once that dependency goes away, the parents start losing cards rapidly.

What this really comes down to, in my opinion, is not a matter of dignity or pride, but of respect. Situations like Li's and Sonic's, where they are treated like children despite their age, stem from a lack of respect on the parents' part. No amount of dignity or pride will reverse that. Usually, if you resort to those, it will just make the problem worse because then you are attacking their equivalent. Respect is one of those things that can only be reciprocated when you give it yourself. My guess is that neither Li nor Sonic have the utmost respect for their parents, and I wouldn't blame them based on how they are treated. It is really hard to have respect for someone who doesn't seem to want to give it back. Again, in situations like this, the only thing you can do is make yourself better and rise above it. The other person will either have to increase their respect for you or you will simply have to leave them behind (figuratively if not literally).
  • How can so many of you agree with this statement and just willingly go along with it?! Where's your sense of dignity/pride?
    I don't mean to say that it's right or fair -- only that it's true. You parents control your home, so as long as you intend to keep living there, they control you. Get a job, save some money, get an apartment, and suddenly, your parents only hold the cards that you allow them to.
  • Yea and the part of the story we probably didn't hear about was how his mom needed to use the car after the movie but he decided to go to another movie depriving her of the car she needed.
  • Yea and the part of the story we probably didn't hear about was how his mom needed to use the car after the movie but he decided to go to another movie depriving her of the car she needed.
    Nope, my mom has her own car that is distinctly nicer than mine.