This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Just a FYI, you need to sort this shit if you're gonna ride with me to Connecticon. I'm not turning around in Delaware because she decides you can't go.
  • How can so many of you agree with this statement and just willingly go along with it?! Where's your sense of dignity/pride?
    I don't mean to say that it's right or fair -- only that it's true. You parents control your home, so as long as you intend to keep living there, they control you. Get a job, save some money, get an apartment, and suddenly, your parents only hold the cards that you allow them to.
    Yup. And thats the situation you get into when you decide not to dorm for college: You save a fuck ton of money at the cost of some freedoms.

However, my sister and I are attempting to rectify this. I'm saving money from my job and we'll both be putting money aside when our tuition dispersement comes in to use as a down payment for buying a multifamily house and renting out the individual units.
  • How can so many of you agree with this statement and just willingly go along with it?! Where's your sense of dignity/pride?
    Um, don't you live at home, too?
    Um, don't you live at home, too?
    Yes I do. 90% of the time I mind my parents and I don't go out of my way to be a jerk to them or disobey them or their wishes as we have mutual amount of love, trust, respect for each other. As such, we very rarely have disagreements and situations similar to Sonic or Ryan's never ever occur. I guess my confusion and amazement at all this stems from the fact that we (as in my brother and I) are given quite a lot of independence. I'm not sure if this is any different or similar to other family situations; likewise I can't really cite an example as I only really know what my own situation is. Very early on, both my brother and I realized that we were indirectly taught the cold hard lessons of responsibility. If we fuck up in any conceivable way, we really only have ourselves to blame for our situations. I'm sure it's unsurprising to most of you that I've fucked up in many ways at different times. However, each time that happened; I became a stronger person and my respect for my parents and the moral upbringing they gave me just made my appreciation and respect for them continually grow.
  • I managed to separate the shoulder on my primary arm. Nothing too bad, but it hurts like a son of a bitch when it's happening, and now my shoulder's a bit weak.
  • edited June 2010
    I think I'm getting the worst grades out in my Communications class compared to everyone else. I'm passing and everyone is doing well, but in order for this class to count, I have to get a 2.7 to get into my major. I'm on that border, but it's still worrying me if I just fail as a student. >_>
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • THIS! GOD DAMMIT THIS!!!
    In other news, Canada will never go to the World Cup. Ever.
  • That's a completely insane rule.
  • THIS! GOD DAMMIT THIS!!!
    Gotta get the kids ready for the redistribution of their wealth at an early age.
  • Man Accused Of Killing Kitten For Unplugging Game Console

Poor kitty. ; _ ;

One of my cats sometimes gets underneath my computer desk and steps on the power cord switch which ends up turning off my computer as well as the cable modem and router. It makes me upset, but not worth harming it. Makes me sad and angry reading that.
  • One thing that I'm sure everybody has experienced at least once: My car won't start. Grrr!
  • One of my cats sometimes gets underneath my computer desk and steps on the power cord switch which ends up turning off my computer as well as the cable modem and router. It makes me upset, but not worth harming it. Makes me sad and angry reading that.
    One of my girlfriend's cats is smart enough that she will turn on her computer(via the switch on the front) and let it start up, and once it's been going for a bit, will curl up on the top, where it's warm.
  • One of my girlfriend's cats is smart enough that she will turn on her computer(via the switch on the front) and let it start up, and once it's been going for a bit, will curl up on the top, where it's warm.
    That's a smart kitty. One of my kitties, Digit, can open up the cupboard beneath the bathroom sinks so she can just lay in there along with opening our heavy sliding closet doors so she can relax on my clothes. Even though I don't like it, it always makes me go d'awww when I discover where she it.
  • Man Accused Of Killing Kitten For Unplugging Game Console

Poor kitty. ; _ ;

One of my cats sometimes gets underneath my computer desk and steps on the power cord switch which ends up turning off my computer as well as the cable modem and router. It makes me upset, but not worth harming it. Makes me sad and angry reading that.
    People like that are just serial killers in training. I just don't understand people like that. Me and my wife were in tears when we had to put down our dog down, it is just sad.

And my cats have done the same thing, knocked out plugs or stepped on the surge protector. While it is irritating, it certainly isn't a reason to kill an animal, especially in front of children.
  • One thing that I'm sure everybody has experienced at least once: My car won't start. Grrr!
    Two weekends ago actually.

Fail of my day, I've done some math and discovered that over 40% of oil becomes gasoline. Effectively this means that personalized transportation (cars) are the largest consumer of oil in our country.
    Two weekends ago actually.

Fail of my day, I've done some math and discovered that over 40% of oil becomes gasoline. Effectively this means that personalized transportation (cars) are the largest consumer of oil in our country.
    Two days ago for me.
  • edited June 2010
    I was Just invited to a protest about the Flotilla "Massacre".

I'm sorry, No, You're a fuckwit. Not only did they have cargo that wasn't exactly what you'd call "Relief and humanitarian supplies" (NVGs, Body armor, etc), they were armed with knives, metal bars, and a few guns, and instead of resisting non-violently as would have been the smart thing to do that would have achieved their goal, they fucking fought back before the soldiers ever fired a shot.
    They Attacked the soldiers first - Including one crew-member who managed to take a soldier's weapon and shoot him with it.

That's not a Massacre, It's fucking idiots reaping what they have sewn by acting with the utmost stupidity. The soldiers were not being circumspect about it in any way - If their intent was to raid the boat and harm the crew unprovoked, they wouldn't have fucking fast-roped from a lit-up chopper, with spotlights and the whole shebang. They would have inserted ahead of the boats, caught them as they went past, disabled the propellers and rudder, boarded the boat, killed or captured the crew, and scuttled the boats. It would have been ten times simpler and twenty times safer(for the troops, that is) but they did it very publicly and openly - after warning the floatilla via radio and loudhailer, IIRC - because they didn't intend to harm the crew, but simply to stop the boats.

If the crew had not been stupid, and just sat down quietly, and not said shit, not done shit, and just sat there, and not fought against the soldiers, nor carried arms - then they would have brought immense international pressure on the Israeli government to let the relief through, or even assist them. But no, They had to get stupid, and get themselves killed and arrested. Fucking MORONS.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I was Just invited to a protest about the Flotilla "Massacre".

I'm sorry, No, You're a fuckwit. Not only did they have cargo that wasn't exactly what you'd call "Relief and humanitarian supplies" (NVGs, Body armor, etc), they were armed with knives, metal bars, and a few guns, and instead of resisting non-violently as would have been the smart thing to do that would have achieved their goal, they fucking fought back before the soldiers ever fired a shot.
    They Attacked the soldiers first - Including one crew-member who managed to take a soldier's weapon and shoot him with it.

That's not a Massacre, It's fucking idiots reaping what they have sewn by acting with the utmost stupidity. The soldiers were not being circumspect about it in any way - If their intent was to raid the boat and harm the crew unprovoked, they wouldn't have fucking fast-roped from a lit-up chopper, with spotlights and the whole shebang. They would have inserted ahead of the boats, caught them as they went past, disabled the propellers and rudder, boarded the boat, killed or captured the crew, and scuttled the boats. It would have been ten times simpler and twenty times safer(for the troops, that is) but they did it very publicly and openly - after warning the floatilla via radio and loudhailer, IIRC - because they didn't intend to harm the crew, but simply to stop the boats.

If the crew had not been stupid, and just sat down quietly, and not said shit, not done shit, and just sat there, and not fought against the soldiers, nor carried arms - then they would have brought immense international pressure on the Israeli government to let the relief through, or even assist them. But no, They had to get stupid, and get themselves killed and arrested. Fucking MORONS.
    I've read a lot of hot air from both sides in this situation, and this pretty much sums up how I see it. There's loads of footage of the raid, with the soldiers getting the crap beaten out of them, and not even thinking about shooting. That takes real balls. The protesters went about protesting all wrong. You don't beat up soldiers when protesting. If you do, you get shot. And you don't try to run a blockade without expect some action from the people blocking, because if they let you through, everyone else will pour through too.

Everyone involved is an idiot. Including me, for posting on an internet forum on the subject.
  • I've read a lot of hot air from both sides in this situation, and this pretty much sums up how I see it. There's loads of footage of the raid, with the soldiers getting the crap beaten out of them, and not even thinking about shooting. That takes real balls. The protesters went about protesting all wrong. You don't beat up soldiers when protesting. If you do, you get shot. And you don't try to run a blockade without expect some action from the people blocking, because if they let you through, everyone else will pour through too.

Everyone involved is an idiot. Including me, for posting on an internet forum on the subject.
    I've been waiting for the Palestinians to take up the Ghandi approach, but it doesn't seem like they are getting that clue. It would only take a few videos of peaceful disobedience being disrupted to causes big changes in how the world and the US views the situation.
  • I've been waiting for the Palestinians to take up the Ghandi approach, but it doesn't seem like they are getting that clue. It would only take a few videos of peaceful disobedience being disrupted to causes big changes in how the world and the US views the situation.
    The beginning of a Tom Clancy book was just this actually, the Palestinians figured it out.
  • edited June 2010
    I've been waiting for the Palestinians to take up the Ghandi approach
    Yeah, and I'm still waiting on that unicorn.

This conflict predates...everything. If they haven't gotten it by now, it's doubtful that they ever will.

EDIT: And by "they" I mean "everyone involved."
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • The beginning of a Tom Clancy book was just this actually, the Palestinians figured it out.
    Yeap, Sum of all fear... What can't Tom Clancy Predict :-p
  • My dad is getting re-married (not my Fail of the Day). Apparently, this has been in planning for a few months... and he never told me. In fact, he hasn't really told anyone. The only way I found out was through a Facebook comment.
  • My dad is getting re-married (not my Fail of the Day). Apparently, this has been in planning for a few months... and he never told me. In fact, he hasn't really told anyone. The only way I found out was through a Facebook comment.
    Um... Mazeltov?
  • Um... Mazeltov?
    That was my reaction.
    I feel like this might happen to me someday, given that my dad takes forever to forge real commitments to his girlfriends (that he has never followed through on), and I'm gonna wind up moving away soon enough. Hopefully not though.
  • Richard Dunn had a heart attack and a stroke and is in the hospital at UCI. Hoping Pep-pep gets better :(
  • edited June 2010
    The IRS sent me too large of a check. This is bad for two reasons. 1) It's too much and thus doesn't belong to me and 2) I authorized direct deposit so the fact that I'm holding a check is doubly bad.

EDIT: Seems there's a $400 "Making Work" tax credit or something. This may be legit, need to do more research.

EDITEDIT: Apparently there was a $400 "making work pay" credit that I completely missed when I was filling out my taxes. Nice of the gov't to find my mistake and give me more than I asked for back.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • The trunk door of my car won't open. This started a few days ago, when I tried to put my friend's bike in the back. I haven't really investigated it, but I think the latch is somehow disconnected from the handles (both interior and exterior). Or something.