This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I'm reading through a catalog of larger mens clothing and I see "New Super King Size Socks!!"..

And they're only size 13 - 15.

My feet are size 17/18.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Has anyone dealt with a friend who is clearly obsessed or being controlled by his girlfriend?

My best friend is clearly getting whipped by his girlfriend, seeming to ignore anyone else and every time he tries to hang out, he's busy with his girlfriend. And every facebook post he makes he said he was with his "Lovely, beautiful girlfriend Sonja." I feel like I need to address this woman to figure her out. I don't know her well, but the situation is just awkward as hell. She dated with two of the friends in our circle already, and when my best friend got with her finally, it killed one of the friendships. I feel like doing something, but of course I risk my own friendship with him.
  • Has anyone dealt with a friend who is clearly obsessed or being controlled by his girlfriend?

My best friend is clearly getting whipped by his girlfriend, seeming to ignore anyone else and every time he tries to hang out, he's busy with his girlfriend. And every facebook post he makes he said he was with his "Lovely, beautiful girlfriend Sonja." I feel like I need to address this woman to figure her out. I don't know her well, but the situation is just awkward as hell. She dated with two of the friends in our circle already, and when my best friend got with her finally, it killed one of the friendships. I feel like doing something, but of course I risk my own friendship with him.
    How long have they been dating? It's natural to be twitterpated at the beginning of a relationship, but after a few months it generally wears off and people resume more of their normal life patterns. If they've been dating for more than 3-4 months, you might want to mention that you don't get to see as much of him as you'd like and ask gently if he can do anything about it. Particularly, you might show some interest in hanging out with her along if you want to get to know her so you can form an informed opinion as you said. As long as she is not controlling his choices to get together with his friends (e.g. "it's them or me") then it's really up to your friend to make the time. If she's actively trying to separate him from you guys, then that's warning sign of an abusive situation and you'll probably want to try a little harder to get through. Anyway, first things first; you've gotta assess the girl before you can make the call.
  • edited July 2010
    BROS BEFORE HOES BITCHES! BROS BEFORE HOES! this is a very important rule (and applies to men and women :-p)

//Not really, don't hurt me Laura :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • BROS BEFORE HOES BITCHES! BROS BEFORE HOES! this is a very important rule (and applies to men and women :-p)

Chicks before dicks...
  • BROS BEFORE HOES BITCHES! BROS BEFORE HOES! this is a very important rule (and applies to men and women :-p)

Brethren before wenches!
  • Or as Scott so wisely said "Hoes should be bros," which could be interpreted in a number of interesting ways but is a lovely way of saying that friendship groups and lovers are not mutually exclusive.
  • "Hoes should be bros,"
  • Or as Scott so wisely said "Hoes should be bros," which could be interpreted in a number of interesting ways but is a lovely way of saying that friendship groups and lovers are not mutually exclusive.
    If you read that situation it doesn't really apply, this female is going through the friend group and slowing destroying them, she is obviously a mole man intruder. Who's goal is to destroy their friend group before they can put together the clues from their childhood which were really clues to help prevent the end of the world!
  • edited July 2010
    New York Rangers got Donald Brashear under contract, a guy they aren't very happy with since he is basically useless as a hockey player and his only real talent is punching other people in the face. What do they do? They turn around and sign Derek Boogard, an even worse goon than Brashear. For 1.65 Million Dollars a year no less. To any hockey fan this is pure comedy gold.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I'm eighteen and that makes me feel old...Wow...
  • Here's another one for you. Kids born on September 12th, 2001 are in the second or third grade.
  • I realize how old I am every time I look up hockey stats :X
    Most of the players on my favorite team are in my age range. Plus they make millions of dollars. Fuck.
  • My 1998 Chevy Blazer crapped out on me today on the drive home. Not sure what's wrong with it yet, but given that it's got over 175,000 miles on it then if the repairs are going to cost me over $500 I'd just as well say to hell with it and get myself a new ride...
  • edited July 2010
    Due to my failing to cancel membership in time, Netflix sent out 3 DVDs to the U.S. address I am now no longer at. I'm guessing I will end up having to pay for those.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited July 2010
    Brethren before wenches!
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Dear Google Maps,

Why do you continue to believe that driving up Broadway on Manhattan island is a good idea?

-Enraged driver.
  • Entering hour 35 of rain. The roads are clogged as hell (sadly not that unusual, fuck you I-45/I-59). I accidentally ended up on a road that for about 500 feet had between 1-2 feet of water on it, and traffic was dead still.
  • You. You're my fail of the day. Everyday.

Pfft, Joking.
  • My online friend's only topic of conversation seems to be how he has role-play messaging sex with other people. Usually other men, who he knows are men, who are role-playing as women. I love him, but I'm getting tired how he talks about this. >_>
  • ...And I wonder why Atheists can't deal with me being a Christian, but also being reasonably intelligent.
    *Sigh.*
  • Sciatica pain resisted 4 ibuprofen, stretches aren't working, therapy obviously is not working. Can't sleep. Fuck my body and it's betrayal.
  • edited July 2010
    Apparently Glenn Beck is starting some sort of online scam university. Of course, pseudoscholar David Barton is in on the whole deal teaching "history", or rather, what he believes history should be, but of course isn't. The most hilarious thing about it is their logo though:
    The motto reads "Tyrannis Seditio Obsequium Deo" which translates to "Insurrection against Tyrants, submission to god" which is just pure irony right there, god of course being nothing but the greatest tyrant in the universe. If he existed that is. Especially if it's the god as described in the Bible which Beck and Barton both believe in.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited July 2010
    This website almost gave me a brain aneurysm. Apple should use this to campaign against flash. Here is an image showing off his "special effects"
    and here is one from his other site
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I was gone from work Friday and most of Thursday for AX. My coworkers failed to mention to me that there was no work this morning. I went and worked for a half hour setting up everything for class before I looked at the newly posted work schedule on the wall and found that I then had to clean up everything I just had done. Worst part is that I am exhausted and had such a hard time getting up this morning. So pissed I could have been sleeping and that there's no way I could ever get back to sleep after going and working up a sweat for an hour.