This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Are you experiencing a deficiency of Manly Spirit? Maybe you need more Hokuto no Ken and TTGL. Also, for severe cases, apply Golgo 13 directly to your balls.
    But what if I can't make that shot?
  • This makes me realize I haven't had angry sex in a long time. I kinda miss it.
    I can help with that. Bitch.
  • I can help with that. Bitch.
    That would take a very long dick given your respectively locations.
  • I can help with that. Bitch.
    That would take a very long dick given your respectively locations.
    No more talk about sex! Ugh.
  • There really has been quite a lot of sex talk lately, hasn't there?
  • There really has been quite a lot of sex talk lately, hasn't there?
    Yeah. Nothing wrong with it, it's just making my mind wander at work.
  • Yeah, this is no good in Algebra 2.
  • The Democratic party calls me almost every day begging for money. I quit the party literally days after Obama won the primary, and they don't seem to register this fact.
  • The Pirate Bay has been overloaded for at least 15 minutes.
  • I still use public torrent trackers.
  • edited November 2010
    It's at times like this I wish Nine were here.
    Anyways, the matter is trivially solved by going to torrents.to, without the need to mess around with private tracker bullshit.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • FAIL: My sister believes in chakras, auras, demons, vampires, spirits, souls, the powers of the elements, the greek gods, and a ton of other metaphysical bullshit.

Guys, we need to get on this.
  • edited November 2010
    Roll your eyes into the back of your head and start speaking in tongues whilst convulsing.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • FAIL: My sister believes in chakras, auras, demons, vampires, spirits, souls, the powers of the elements, the greek gods, and a ton of other metaphysical bullshit.
    Even on that list, Greek gods seem little random.
    Make her read Book VII of Plato's Republic. Then she will realize that real metaphysics is not that sexy.
    I'm dead serious. One of her "expletives" is "oh holy mother hera".
  • I'm dead serious. One of her "expletives" is "oh holy mother hera".
    99.9% chance that this is just an affectation that she'll grow out of.
  • OMG!! If your going to rant on me at least rant correctly Sonic! The quote is "By mother Hera!"
    Here's my offical comment on the matter: if a person is not seriously hurting anyone leave them to their own beliefs.

seriously hurting in this context is defined as: could possibly be or in fact is deadly.
    Yah its random because i was sitting there listing things i believe in for him to post this. So i was just throwing things out there. i
  • edited November 2010
    OMG!! If your going to rant on me at least rant correctly Sonic! The quote is "By mother Hera!"
    Here's my offical comment on the matter: if a person is not seriously hurting anyone leave them to their own beliefs.

seriously hurting in this context is defined as: could possibly be or in fact is deadly.
    Why does it have to be serious? I think that any kind of harm is best avoided, and I'd say that most, if not all irrational beliefs are potentially harmful in some way.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2010
    I don't necessarily believe that the idea of a soul is irrational or harmful. Dualism and whatnot, although plenty of arguments can be made either way.

Powers of the elements though? Definitely has a potential for harm. Imagine an individual has depression. Instead of saying, "Hey, there's a pill for that," someone says, "if you massage the base of your neck with an iron bar, it will draw the negative thoughts from your being." The depressed person tries the second option instead of the first, wanting to avoid medication, and it (unsurprisingly) fails. The depressed person kills himself; the person who believes in elemental powers has indirectly killed him.

This stuff happens. It happened to Andy Kaufman; he thought (on the advice of a group of idiots) that psychic surgery could treat him better than a gamma knife. We lost one of the world's most brilliant comedians.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • We lost one of the world's most brilliant comedians.
    But we got a Jim Carrey movie. So I guess it's a wash.
  • The Democratic party calls me almost every day begging for money. I quit the party literally days after Obama won the primary, and they don't seem to register this fact.
    you'll donate to my campaign right ^_^
  • Adam has never seen Disney's Beauty and the Beast, so we pulled out my VHS and popped it into the player, but either player or the VHS has an issue, because the top of the screen kept rolling and flickering. I was so excited to watch it with him, but we don't have it on DVD. Well, at least the Holidays are coming, so one of us may find it in our stocking or underneath the Hanukkah bush.
  • OMG!! If your going to rant on me at least rant correctly Sonic! The quote is "By mother Hera!"
    I just had a Xena: Warrior Princess flashback.
    Powers of the elements though? Definitely has a potential for harm. Imagine an individual has depression. Instead of saying, "Hey, there's a pill for that," someone says, "if you massage the base of your neck with an iron bar, it will draw the negative thoughts from your being." The depressed person tries the second option instead of the first, wanting to avoid medication, and it (unsurprisingly) fails. The depressed person kills himself; the person who believes in elemental powers has indirectly killed him.
    It doesn't go that far - I assure you, BlackVelvetPlease will not only not avoid Real medicine, but she reasearches any medical treatments there is even the possibility that she will take - a fine habit - and she's not stupid, she knows alternative medicine is bullshit, and does enough research when she may potentially have to take something that she'd be able to figure out fake shit from real medicine. If she can't figure it out, she'd ask someone she would think knows the answer, or would be able to figure out the answer.

I can't say owt about her metaphysical beliefs, it's not my business, but I do assure you, they're harmless.
  • Powers of the elements though? Definitely has a potential for harm. Imagine an individual has depression. Instead of saying, "Hey, there's a pill for that," someone says, "if you massage the base of your neck with an iron bar, it will draw the negative thoughts from your being." The depressed person tries the second option instead of the first, wanting to avoid medication, and it (unsurprisingly) fails. The depressed person kills himself; the person who believes in elemental powers has indirectly killed him.
    It doesn't go that far - I assure you, BlackVelvetPlease will not only not avoid Real medicine, but she reasearches any medical treatments there is even the possibility that she will take - a fine habit - and she's not stupid, she knows alternative medicine is bullshit, and does enough research when she may potentially have to take something that she'd be able to figure out fake shit from real medicine. If she can't figure it out, she'd ask someone she would think knows the answer, or would be able to figure out the answer.

I can't say owt about her metaphysical beliefs, it's not my business, but I do assure you, they're harmless.
    Well that's all good, then.
  • I'm dead serious. One of her "expletives" is "oh holy mother hera".
    Doesn't necessarily mean anything. I use "Sweet Zombie Jesus!" as an exclamation on a daily basis. The context is what is damning here though.
  • Doesn't necessarily mean anything. I use "Sweet Zombie Jesus!" as an exclamation on a daily basis. The context is what is damning here though.
    Yeah, if it meant owt other than "I'm expressing my feelings on an issue that you can tell by the context and tone, or alternatively, expressing my surprise!" most times I ejaculate "Fuck me!", then I wouldn't have time to scratch myself.
  • edited November 2010
    ...most times I ejaculate ... I have ... to scratch myself.
    I'm really sorry, but I have the sense of humor of a four year old. As a matter of fact, I think it would be pretty fucking juvenile for a four year old.

As an actual fail: I tried Dick's Drive In (the local "OMG this burger is sooooo good" place in Seattle) and, as is to be expected, the food wasn't that good.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • As an actual fail: I tried Dick's Drive In (the local "OMG this burger is sooooo good" place in Seattle) and, as is to be expected, the food wasn't that good.
    Get the fuck out of my state. Now. =P