This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• ...most times I ejaculate ... I have ... to scratch myself.
    I'm really sorry, but I have the sense of humor of a four year old. As a matter of fact, I think it would be pretty fucking juvenile for a four year old.

As an actual fail: I tried Dick's Drive In (the local "OMG this burger is sooooo good" place in Seattle) and, as is to be expected, the food wasn't that good.
    Is this the same Dick's as the picture on the internet of a sign proclaiming: "Dick's burgers: Buy them by the bagfull!"[sic]?
  • edited November 2010
    ...most times I ejaculate ... I have ... to scratch myself.
    I'm really sorry, but I have the sense of humor of a four year old. As a matter of fact, I think it would be pretty fucking juvenile for a four year old.

As an actual fail: I tried Dick's Drive In (the local "OMG this burger is sooooo good" place in Seattle) and, as is to be expected, the food wasn't that good.
    Is this the same Dick's as the picture on the internet of a sign proclaiming: "Dick's burgers: Buy them by the bagfull!"[sic]?
    That's in Spokane, but rest assured that there were many jokes relating to the phallus.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I'm really sorry, but I have the sense of humor of a four year old. As a matter of fact, I think it would be pretty fucking juvenile for a four year old.
    That's okay, it was - while a perfectly legitimate use of the word "Ejaculate" - intended to make people chuckle.
  • ....I tried Dick.... and, as is to be expected.... wasn't that good.
  • ... "Ejaculate" - intended to make people ...
  • You are all about five years old, and I love you for it.
  • You are all about five years old, and I love you for it.
  • Fail 1: Was woken up today by a phone call from my bank telling me that one of my credit cards has been compromised. I wasn't totally surprised since there was a huge breakout of fraud in my area a few weeks, and I knew I'd been to at least one place that had its information jacked. Still, not having my main card for a few days is annoying.

Fail 2: Giving up on NaNoWriMo this year. I really, really hate to have to do it, but the story I chose is just too hard to write. Trying to finish it at this point would be a struggle and I will end up hating the outcome. So, I'll probably end up taking the main idea and applying it to something else, or perhaps just restructure the story to adapt to how I like writing. Either way, I made several mistakes in the planning, so I now know not to do that in the future.
  • Fail: Realizing it has been many, many years since I last felt welcome at home. Mostly due to my dad but I'm not sure if something changed or I just began to notice as time went on.
  • edited November 2010
    OH MY GOD, MORE PEOPLE WATCH OUTSOURCED THAN COMMUNITY!!!D:
    This makes me very sad. Dan Harmon is a very funny person, and Community is a very funny show.

Bonus points for Dan Harmon: Not only does he do community, but he's also the writer and artist of SCUD the Disposable Assassin. Awesome.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I dumped to much music on my ipod and it's full. Now I have to go through it all and find out what to get rid of.
  • OH MY GOD, MORE PEOPLE WATCH OUTSOURCED THAN COMMUNITY!!!D:
    Community is just too smart for some people, unfortunately. It's definitely the best sitcom currently on the air. Outsourced isn't bad either - It's better than most of the garbage on CBS (i.e. everything except How I Met Your Mother).
  • edited November 2010

Powers of the elements though? Definitely has a potential for harm. Imagine an individual has depression. Instead of saying, "Hey, there's a pill for that," someone says, "if you massage the base of your neck with an iron bar, it will draw the negative thoughts from your being." The depressed person tries the second option instead of the first, wanting to avoid medication, and it (unsurprisingly) fails. The depressed person kills himself; the person who believes in elemental powers has indirectly killed him.
    naw, not like that. when i say Powers of the elements i mean in the matter that the elements bring balance to the world. i mean imagine the world with out water. It would completely screw up the earth. Also there is a certain calming effect to the elements such as when people take a walk in a forest it effects them differently than a walk in the city would.

some of the stuff he posted, please remember that it was on the spot so i didnt really have time to go into depth to explain what i meant by each thing.
    Post edited by BlackVelvetPlease on
  • Water is not an element.
  • edited November 2010
    I think it's safe to assume that she's referring to the classical elements, not the periodic table.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited November 2010
    Powers of the elements though? Definitely has a potential for harm
    Water is not an element.
    Someone begs to differ.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • im not sure all of you would consider this a fail of the day but i now have a large stack of computer games and sonic says i have enough to start a gaming library. -_-J

bigger fail: im happy for having it.
    Even bigger fail: I intend to waste precious hours playing these games.... oy.
  • im not sure all of you would consider this a fail of the day but i now have a large stack of computer games and sonic says i have enough to start a gaming library. -_-J

I think you have the wrong thread.
  • edited November 2010
    Water is not an element.
    Actually, yes it is, it's just not on the Periodic table of elements, because that use of the term element is a philosophical concept common to many belief systems, Rather than being a scientific one.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2010
    im not sure all of you would consider this a fail of the day but i now have a large stack of computer games and sonic says i have enough to start a gaming library. -_-J

Seriously.
    Water is not an element.
    Actually, yes it is, it's just not on the Periodic table of elements, because that use of the term element is a philosophical concept common to many belief systems, Rather than being a scientific one.
    I know what she meant, I just do not accept that classical elements have any power. Maybe as a set of philosophical metaphors, like in Buddhism, but the concept of "water" in Buddhism is not the same as water in the ocean.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Today's fail: People who think purified water conducts electricity.
  • So, I decided to give Minecraft a try.

...Where did the last five hours of my life go?
  • Today's fail: People who think purified water conducts electricity.
    trollscience.jpg
    So, I decided to give Minecraft a try.

...Where did the last five hours of my life go?
    Into the mines.

No i dont. If you know me well enough you'll know that i basically mentally slap myself for things like that and, at least in part, do consider them a fail. Just ask Sonic.
  • You're a geek, we're geeks, it's all good.

No i dont. If you know me well enough you'll know that i basically mentally slap myself for things like that and, at least in part, do consider them a fail. Just ask Sonic.
    No, I'm pretty sure you were just looking for that answer, I just obliged. I wouldn't see another reason for posting that here.
  • Into the mines.
    I hit rock bottom.
  • Into the mines.
    I hit rock bottom.
    I think they call it Adminium.