This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Do you have IT friends who make jokes about the program?
    (yes)
    Again, my point is, it's okay when Joe and I mock each other's majors and laugh about it. It's not funny when SE majors tell me "you don't learn real code" and tell me my major sucks.
    I haven't met an SE major who wasn't either an arrogant jerk, or said "fuck all those other SE majors, they're all jerks." Honestly, that's the only group who're actually jerks. So, ignore them, pretty much all the other majors think they're assholes.
    I've experienced mean-ness all over. And I'm also seeing some IGM majors be retarded. So I just got frustrated.
  • I can self-deprecate to myself, of course.
    I'd be impressed if you could Self-deprecate someone else.
  • It might be different for RIT, but I don't recall anyone doing "real code*" for college classes. Most projects had unrealistic constraints that made things vastly easier or harder than they should be for a given problem.

* Where "real code" means "real world code". Or in other words, practical code that you're going to actually use in a non-academic workplace.
  • I'd be impressed if you could Self-deprecate someone else.
    I think it's probably possible to be so self-deprecating that the people around you feel awkward unless they themselves self-deprecate therefore you have self-deprecated someone else if you cause this.
  • I think it's probably possible to be so self-deprecating that the people around you feel awkward unless they themselves self-deprecate therefore you have self-deprecated someone else if you cause this.
    Oh, it is. Trust me, we have it down to a science.
  • GDD majors are always so self-conscious.
  • GDD majors are always so self-conscious.
    WAS THAT A DIG?
  • ARE YOU SLIGHTING ME!?!
  • Come at me bro
  • We're still cool, right bra?

We're still cool bra?

We cool bra?

Cool bra?

Cobra?
  • edited September 2011
    Your fake majors all amuse me. They're all really just CS with some silly outside concentration and without the math.
    /cselitism
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I got a bit miffed whenever someone made fun of my major (Computational Media, a mix of CS and games, design, film, etc.). Mainly because the "joke" was that mine was easier than CS because it involved less coding. I mainly reacted negatively because it was true that many people in my major sucked (mainly those guys that wanted to "make games" because they played them all their life, but had no clue), and I didn't want to be associated with them. To me, saying I can't code because of my major is saying I'm not intelligent.
    I make fun of myself all the time (I'm a horrible stereotypical female driver, I'm such a nerd, I'm a crazy cat lady, etc. etc.) but when someone insults my intelligence it kinda hurts. :-/
  • Computational Media is CS lite. And even that is a stretch.
  • You CS majors piss me off. We don't do code for the sake of code. We do code because we want to make things. Get over it.
  • edited September 2011
    Well you have no creativity and design sense. You are a boring robot coder. (Andrew)

:-P
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • Yeah, don't mind me. Just trying to revolutionize life as we know it.
  • And Andrew went to bed on the couch that night. Starbuck and Spot did not accompany him.
  • Revolutionizing things is not only boring, it is also dumb.
  • edited September 2011
    You could use some work on your insults. I mean, NO YOU'RE DUMB.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • And Andrew went to bed on the couch that night. Starbuck and Spot did not accompany him.
    I wish I could +1 this comment. :D
    YOUR FACE IS DUMB.

They say otherwise.
    YOUR FACE IS DUMB.
    OH YEAH
    WELL

OH YEAH!!!
    I wish I could +1 this comment. :D
  • So Terry Pratchett is apparently going to be signing Snuff at the Tribeca Barnes & Noble on October 13th. The event starts at 6 pm and is expected to go for an hour or so. I have a lab until 7 that day. Not cool, class schedule. Not cool.
    For a moment I thought "Terry Pratchett is doing a book signing at Barnes & Noble? Where the nearest B&N; to my house?" I think that counts as a fail of my day.
  • IT = I Transferred.

Don't mind me, I'm just making sure that uncaring assholes don't kill you through willful ignorance, laziness, and occasional malice.
  • IT = I Totally-don't-have-any-work-to-do-tonight-so-have-fun-with-that
  • edited September 2011
    Breaking the trend, I transferred out of Comp Sci simply because it didn't put me on the right path to my goal.

I love my new major but I still get this momentary cringe every time I remember that I'm getting a Bachelors of Arts rather than a Bachelors of Science.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • IT= I Think Helpdesk is going to be a fun job.
  • The entire Spanish population of Newcastle is having a party in our common room. Fuck this shit, I want to sleep.