This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• The Troll Pox?
  • I had the same thing the week before PAX, Sail. I do not envy you. I skipped work for 2 days and was on a brat diet for like 3 days. Ate nothing but toast, bananas, and Pedialyte pops. I was so excited when I got to upgrade my meals to chicken broth ramen.

The fever only lasted a few days, but the stomach and poopies about a week.
  • Coworker totally let out a SBD during the middle of my online test for work.

It was pretty damn noxious. He was too late to spray the air freshener. That bastard. I'm going to get him back.
  • Beef is the best revenge.
  • Well I did have pizza and cucumber kimchee for breakfast. Revenge is a dish best served with a sour stomach.
  • I lost my pencil case today, see this doesn't seem like a big deal except for the fact that I loved that thing, had it for almost a decade with me. The fact that I had almost $100 in art supplies in it does lessen the hurt either.
  • Beef is the best revenge.
    Huevos rancheros with mexican chorizo for breakfast and a pate sandwich for lunch. This combination was outlawed in WWI as gas attacks of this nature were considered war crimes, even with blister agents in common use.
  • Today while working a scene shift, I grabbed a barrel that apparently had some sort of staple poking out of it and scratched my hand up pretty badly. I quickly wrapped it in a bandage to stop it from bleeding horrendously, but the bandage had latex in it which I am allergic to. So not 20 minutes later, my hand starts BURNING and itching, and I rip the bandages off and have to wrap paper towels all around my hand because the cut is still open.

I really fucking hate having a latex allergy. You never realize how many ordinary and important things have latex in them that you wouldn't think about. Underwear, for instance. That's a fun one to find out the hard way.
  • Today while working a scene shift, I grabbed a barrel that apparently had some sort of staple poking out of it and scratched my hand up pretty badly. I quickly wrapped it in a bandage to stop it from bleeding horrendously, but the bandage had latex in it which I am allergic to. So not 20 minutes later, my hand starts BURNING and itching, and I rip the bandages off and have to wrap paper towels all around my hand because the cut is still open.

I really fucking hate having a latex allergy. You never realize how many ordinary and important things have latex in them that you wouldn't think about. Underwear, for instance. That's a fun one to find out the hard way.
    I imagine it is also highly inconvenient to acquire appropriate condoms. I can only imagine the pain on finding out you had chosen poorly.

• Note to self, after lots of weigh-loss reevaluate alcohol tolerances.
  • edited April 2012
    I imagine it is also highly inconvenient to acquire appropriate condoms. I can only imagine the pain on finding out you had chosen poorly.
    I can't tell you about the states, but not so much down here. Pretty much any chemist has them, a lot of supermarkets, any sex shop(which are common as feathers in a chicken run), and a bunch of other places. Lifestyles, Durex and Trojan all have non-latex condoms, made out of polyurethane. Usually prefer the Lifestyles Skyns, when I'm stocking up, since I know a few people with latex allergies.

You do have to be careful, though, IIRC, they're more prone to breaking and slipping off, even though it's still a low chance if used correctly, it is higher than latex condoms.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Why polyurethane instead of nitrile? Nitrile seems the obvious choice.
  • Why polyurethane instead of nitrile? Nitrile seems the obvious choice.
    I don't know for sure. Might simply be a cost and usability issue for male condoms, since I know they make female condoms out of nitrile - though I do recall some of the supposed usability issues with nitrile male condoms, mainly elasticity and how they reacted when damaged. I think the texture might also be an issue, but I don't know, it's not like they're readily available for me to test.
  • edited April 2012
    This has been the Saturday Session of Churba's Male Prophylactics 101.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Broke one of my fixed circular sock needles las night. FUUUUUUUU
  • I imagine it is also highly inconvenient to acquire appropriate condoms. I can only imagine the pain on finding out you had chosen poorly.
    I can't tell you about the states, but not so much down here. Pretty much any chemist has them, a lot of supermarkets, any sex shop(which are common as feathers in a chicken run), and a bunch of other places. Lifestyles, Durex and Trojan all have non-latex condoms, made out of polyurethane. Usually prefer the Lifestyles Skyns, when I'm stocking up, since I know a few people with latex allergies.

You do have to be careful, though, IIRC, they're more prone to breaking and slipping off, even though it's still a low chance if used correctly, it is higher than latex condoms.

While I haven't actually had this problem per se, it's something I did put thought into. I'm not sexually active, but because I'm so allergic I just went ahead and found/acquired/carry my own latex free condoms just in case. If anything happens, I'd rather not be like, "LOL JK CAN'T TODAY YOU HAVE LATEX."
  • Just make sure your man isn't a secretly a latex fetishist. I find it hard to believe that they make non-latex latex fetish suits. :P
  • Well there are things you can get/make that work similar to plugsuits where instead of relying on latex's natural stretchiness, you pump the air out of some other plastic to make it form. Sort of a vacuum bed you can walk around in.
  • edited April 2012
    Just make sure your man isn't a secretly a latex fetishist. I find it hard to believe that they make non-latex latex fetish suits. :P
    No joke, I'm pretty sure I can get you one custom made. They're not common, but they sure as hell exist, I met a guy both wearing one(who also made and sold them) at Skin2 once. Pretty sure I still have a business card around somewhere.

What? Y'all think cars, guns, and booze are all I know about?

Post edited by Churba on
  • Just make sure your man isn't a secretly a latex fetishist. I find it hard to believe that they make non-latex latex fetish suits. :P
    A latex fetish would definitely be a deal-breaker, but seeing as how I know how to work with pleather, I think I'd be okay. Though I'm not sure I'd have to take a step farther than the pleather bikini, which I already have...
    I was trying not to oversexualize that costume, too. Damnit, forums.
  • No, I'm pretty sure if there was one person on this forum we'd call our "Jack of all trades," it's you.
  • edited April 2012
    No, I'm pretty sure if there was one person on this forum we'd call our "Jack of all trades," it's you.
    I would have said Jackoff of all trades, myself.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • What? Y'all think cars, guns, and booze are all I know about?
    Not hardly. I recall a GeekChat in which the words, "Fuck off, FetLife, you never tell me anything interesting," were spoken.

Not like you're the foremost expert on this shit in my circle of friends, though. One of my best friends is a neuroscientist with a focus on human sexuality, and she might be a first or second author on a paper about gate-control pain theory and the brain's reaction to negative conditions (humiliation, domination) and their relationship to BDSM fetishes. I regularly get texts from her asking for medical advice (microtears are a tricky business) or telling me about her latest exploits (couple-swaps, nude house parties at her professor's with everyone doing whippits).

Scientists party hard.
  • What? Y'all think cars, guns, and booze are all I know about?
    Not hardly. I recall a GeekChat in which the words, "Fuck off, FetLife, you never tell me anything interesting," were spoken.
    To be fair, it never does. It's always like "xyz seeking abc" bollocks, messages about how someone is new in town.
    Not like you're the foremost expert on this shit in my circle of friends, though. One of my best friends is a neuroscientist with a focus on human sexuality, and she might be a first or second author on a paper about gate-control pain theory and the brain's reaction to negative conditions (humiliation, domination) and their relationship to BDSM fetishes. I regularly get texts from her asking for medical advice (microtears are a tricky business) or telling me about her latest exploits (couple-swaps, nude house parties at her professor's with everyone doing whippits).
    Never said I was, to be fair. I'm a comfortable middle ground, I find - far more knowledgeable than your average Joe Bloggs, but far less knowledgeable than, say, a Human sexuality focused neuroscientist.

It's a matter of different applications, I suppose, people would come to me for different reasons than they would go to her.
  • Never said I was, to be fair. I'm a comfortable middle ground, I find - far more knowledgeable than your average Joe Bloggs, but far less knowledgeable than, say, a Human sexuality focused neuroscientist.

It's a matter of different applications, I suppose, people would come to me for different reasons than they would go to her.
    Oh yeah, I know. I'm just saying that it's pretty difficult for an individual to surprise me with their knowledge of sexuality-based stuff.

A latex fetish would definitely be a deal-breaker, but seeing as how I know how to work with pleather, I think I'd be okay. Though I'm not sure I'd have to take a step farther than the pleather bikini, which I already have...
    I was trying not to oversexualize that costume, too. Damnit, forums.
    How could you NOT oversexualize a pleather bikini? Let's be honest here.
    Why polyurethane instead of nitrile? Nitrile seems the obvious choice.
    I dunno, nitrile seems both brittle and annoyingly sensitivity-muting. I rip nitirle gloves with alarming frequency - I think a nitrile condom would be terrifying. And it would kill the sensitivity much more than latex.
  • edited April 2012
    How could you NOT oversexualize a pleather bikini? Let's be honest here.
    QFT. Pleather bikinis are almost inherently a fetish object.
    I dunno, nitrile seems both brittle and annoyingly sensitivity-muting. I rip nitirle gloves with alarming frequency - I think a nitrile condom would be terrifying. And it would kill the sensitivity much more than latex.
    Depends on the thickness, I suppose. Some nitrile gloves are thin enough to transfer fingerprints through the actual glove, and I can't imagine that fucking with sensitivity too much.

As for ripping them, nitrile is significantly less elastic than natural rubber and latex. But its puncture strength is greater than natural rubber. Maybe you get your gloves exposed to attack agents in the lab? Hard to say. At any rate, polyurethane is probably the better choice for some reason. I trust that Big Birth Control is taking it easy for all us sinners.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I do tend to ogre my gloves. But, y'know, ogres gonna oge.
  • As for ripping them, nitrile is significantly less elastic than natural rubber and latex. But its puncture strength is greater than natural rubber. Maybe you get your gloves exposed to attack agents in the lab? Hard to say. At any rate, polyurethane is probably the better choice for some reason. I trust that Big Birth Control is taking it easy for all us sinners.
    Puncture strength isn't the issue, unless you've got a cock like a sewing needle. The biggest problem would have to be that once you damage it a little, it tends to not just break, but completely split.

• What the fuck made me think tequila + art deadlines would be a good idea? I want to go back and kick my past self in the head.