This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Guys, guys... Stop apologizing. You're ruining my flamewar with civility and discussion.
    But there's beer in it for me!
  • Guys, guys... Stop apologizing. You're ruining my flamewar with civility and discussion.
    I can solve that with my Nine mod powers now.
  • I curious what WhaleShark thinks too if he's seen it.
  • Don't care how long ago the conversation stopped, if it ever did. Saw someone mention SPAM, so just gonna pop in here and say that I love the shit out of SPAM.
    Hell yeah. Spam is delicious. Well, when you cook it, it's a bit ass just straight out of the can with a spoon.

• I like when there are fried spam and cheese sandwiches on white bread. That's good. Hawaiian restaurants always have the spam and egg!
  • I like when there are fried spam and cheese sandwiches on white bread. That's good. Hawaiian restaurants always have the spam and egg!
    I'm so happy to know that there are awesome like minded people like myself, unlike that Rubin fellow. He can be such a haole. :P
  • You get so many points for using that word.
  • Oh mans, I actually knew what that word meant! Thank you, ex-girlfriend's disapproving family.
  • edited July 2012

Why is this a fail? Because it is not a promo video for a new anime, but for a pachinko machine.

Never have I hated the existence of pachinko more than right this second. ;-;
    Post edited by Banta on
  • Well, there is an anime behind that promo, it's called Combattler V. It's kind of 36 years old, though. And now I want there to be a remake, because holy shit dick missle.
  • Guys, can we stop having muppet flamewars and start having Muppet flamewars instead?

Swedish Chef is the best Muppet and the top 3 Muppet movies are (from 1 to 3) the Muppet Movie, the Muppets, and the Great Muppet Caper. Discuss.
  • Muppet Movie is definitely number 1 but I think number 2 has to be Muppets Take Manhattan.
  • Animal is best Muppet. Fuck your shit bru.
  • Animal IS the best muppet.
  • Hands down - Animal.

As an aside, our servers are all named after Muppets. In additional, each of our office's primary servers is named after a member of Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem. I've got Animal.
  • edited July 2012
    I curious what WhaleShark thinks too if he's seen it.
    Seen what? What the hell are we even talking about now? I am very confused.

EDIT: Ah, Food, Inc.? 75% alarmist claptrap/propaganda for the organic industry, and 25% useful and thought-provoking.

For example, the plight of chicken farmers is terrible. Don't get me started on dairy farming. And I like many of the principles of buying local.

But the movie is consistently alarmist, and filled with propaganda and half-truths.

Here's my go-to example: they talk, at one point, to a farmer who raises free-range chickens and grazing animals. The scenes are all shot outside, and everything is bright, warm, clean, and friendly. They're talking about product quality, and the farmer says this (I'm paraphrasing): "We had my chicken and grocery store chicken checked for bacteria. Grocery store chicken had 3,140. Mine had 0."

The number is exact - it stuck out in my mind. There are countless problems with that statement: no identified test method, no context for the numbers, no details about experimental setup, no identification of the bacteria in question, and so on. My first thought was "3,140 what? Pathogens? Which pathogen? Innocuous bacteria?"

I'm a microbiologist. I know a shitload about bacterial counts in food; the fact that I could not make sense of that statement should be a strong indication of its propaganda nature. Context-free information to create a specious comparison against a backdrop of nature advocacy? Propaganda.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    Animal IS the best muppet.
    Hands down - Animal.
    You are all terrible people. When I was 3 my mom thought it was a good idea to leave the Animal Muppet she had on the back of my door in my room. That shit gave me the creeps.
    Hands down - Animal.
    You are all terrible people. When I was 3 my mom thought it was a good idea to leave the Animal Muppet she had on the back of my door in my room. That shit gave me the creeps.
    I had a hypnagogic hallucination involving my stuffed Figment from EPCOT Center once when I was 8. He STILL gives me the creeps.
    Hands down - Animal.
    I forgot to mention... Several times she would wake me up by biting me with the Animal Muppet. That was probably more traumatizing, and now she wonders why my sense of humor is so messed up.

I'm a Crazy Harry fan myself...
    oooooh I forgot about Crazy Harry. Man that's a tough call.
  • The Muppets second best Muppet movie? Puh-leeze. That shit was mediocre. There, I said it.

Also, another vote for Animal here.
  • I'm more of a Follow That Bird as the best Muppet movie myself. I'm torn between Big Bird vs. Animal as my favorite.
  • I'm more of a Follow That Bird as the best Muppet movie myself. I'm torn between Big Bird vs. Animal as my favorite.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah, I mean if a character is both awesome and hot, it's cool! However, if I just went on hotness alone, I would prefer Jamie Lannister to Tyrion and that would be just WRONG!
    Dromoro might just like the other character better but the way he phrased it sounded like he just didn't like her because he didn't have a sexual attraction to Latinas.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I want to offer another bit to the conversation. (Aunt died yesterday and leaving for SDCC after I make this post so...)

Hispanic women are perfectly attractive, physically. I grew up around them so I've seen plenty of examples. The city I've lived in my whole life is 98% Hispanic so I'm well qualified on the point.

What I don't like is the attitude most of them seem to have and Vasquez seemed to be displaying a sickening amount of that in the movie. It's really difficult to quantify what it is so I just used the word attitude. The way they talk, move... The little things, if that makes sense. Perhaps its a product of the culture. Anyway....

I like Ferro the most because she's a pilot. The skill in being one is impressive to me and it's alluring in its own way. It also means she's intelligent. That's not to say that Vasquez *wasn't* but you could debate that point. Ferro is beyond doubt on that one.

In summation, if loving Ferro is wrong, I don't wanna be right! ;-)

Post edited by Dromaro on

• This is piracy. Not because it's a posting of an awesome song (that's fine) but because the guy has posted in the description a link to this. FUCK this guy.
  • edited July 2012
    Dr Teeth and Rolf tie for best muppet in my eyes. I guess I like pianists.
    Post edited by Greg on
    I wouldn't really call Big Bird a muppet, most because it's an actor in a suit, instead of a full on hand-puppet. So I check Wikipedia to see if Big Bird is considered a muppet, and find the beautiful gem:
    As Muppeteer Caroll Spinney has aged, the show has gradually started to train new performers to play Big Bird. These apprentices include both Rick Lyon in the opening theme song of the show's 33rd season on, and Matt Vogel in the show's Journey to Ernie segment.
    For those of you capable of solely speaking English, "vogel" is Dutch (for one) for "bird".
  • edited July 2012
    For those of you capable of solely speaking English, "vogel" is Dutch (for one) for "bird".
    I think everyone in this forum is capable of solely speaking English.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited July 2012
    EDIT: Ah, Food, Inc.? 75% alarmist claptrap/propaganda for the organic industry, and 25% useful and thought-provoking.

[...]

I'm a microbiologist. I know a shitload about bacterial counts in food; the fact that I could not make sense of that statement should be a strong indication of its propaganda nature. Context-free information to create a specious comparison against a backdrop of nature advocacy? Propaganda.
    Hah that is what I was wondering if you would say. Not knowing too much about the industry I didn't want to jump to any conclusions but when one of my teachers last year was "it tells you so much!" I was like... this seems like one-sided bullshit. To be fair the teacher was kinda an idiot teaching a GenEd class to freshman.
    Post edited by MATATAT on