This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• edited July 2012
    For those of you capable of solely speaking English, "vogel" is Dutch (for one) for "bird".
    I think everyone in this forum is capable of solely speaking English.
    Dat's fout m'n jongen. Ik schrijf nederlands als ik dat wil. De enigste reden waarom ik zelden in het nederlands schrijf is simpel gewoonte.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • For those of you capable of solely speaking English, "vogel" is Dutch (for one) for "bird".
    I think everyone in this forum is capable of solely speaking English.
    Dat's fout m'n jongen. Ik schrijf nederlands als ik dat wil. De enigste reden waarom ik zelden in het nederlands schrijf is simpel gewoonte.
    Capable of solely speaking English != solely capable of speaking English.
  • You're banned from this discussion.
  • This post was deleted.
  • Why are you all misspelling Muppet Treasure Island?
  • I'm a Crazy Harry fan myself...
    Dr Teeth and Rolf tie for best muppet in my eyes. I guess I like pianists.
    Nothing wrong with that. Hell, I like Crazy Harry because I like explosions.
  • I always enjoy those old guys in the balcony.
  • I always enjoy those old guys in the balcony.
    Yeah, they're awesome.
  • edited July 2012
    I always enjoy those old guys in the balcony.
    Yeah, they're awesome.
    Gotta love Statler and Waldorf.

I hate to use this analogy again, but picking your favorite Muppets is often like picking your favorite flavor of ice cream. You may like one flavor (or Muppet) more than another, but hey, it's all ice cream, which, in general, is awesome (unless you're lactose intolerant or something, in which case, umm, replace "ice cream" with something else that's appropriate that you can digest).
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • edited July 2012
    Being lactose intolerant doesn't necessarily stop one from eating ice cream. One of my roommates was and did. About 20 minutes after he had some, he'd come out into the living room, drop the most horrible fart-bombs and run back to his room and lock the door.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Being lactose intolerant doesn't necessarily stop one from eating ice cream. One of my roommates was and did. About 20 minutes after he had some, he'd come out into the living room, drop the most horrible fart-bombs and run back to his room and lock the door.
    I guess that just proves the power of ice cream -- it's so good that people will suffer through intense intestinal distress to partake of it.
  • Eleven year old foster care girl beats her foster mother's puppy to death out of spite.
    Loss of Faith in Humanity? All of it.
    Nah. She's probably mentally ill, likely due to the family environment that caused her to be a foster child in the first place.

So, it's a fail in one's faith in humanity, but one step further removed than just this sad story in and of itself.

• I want updates months forward. I want to know if she gets better.
  • I'm a Crazy Harry fan myself...
    Dr Teeth and Rolf tie for best muppet in my eyes. I guess I like pianists.
    I'll be brutally honest with you - the only reason I picked up a cherry sunburst guitar, instead of a (slightly cheaper) monochrome one: Because Janice from Dr Teeth and the Electric mayhem plays a left-handed cherry sunburst Gibson Les Paul.
  • I love Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island. So sue me.
  • Muppet Christmas Carol is possibly the best telling of A Christmas Carol. Muppet Treasure Island I disagree with you on, but considering Tim Curry's performance I don't blame you.
  • I love Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island. So sue me.
    AAAAAAAAAH!!!
  • People need to stop running their cars into my friends' cars today. We are on two and I'm hoping it doesn't go up.
  • People need to stop running their cars into my friends' cars today. We are on two and I'm hoping it doesn't go up.
    Not something I want to hear before I embark on a 400 mile round trip this after noon. As my mom says, bad things come in threes!
  • They do thats the weird thing.
  • I'm pretty sure more than three people got in a wreck today.

• The Muppets second best Muppet movie? Puh-leeze. That shit was mediocre. There, I said it.

Also, another vote for Animal here.
    You make me sad. That movie is amazing.
  • edited July 2012
    Muppets Wide Shut was my favorite Muppet film, but I think that scene where Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem put on masks and take turns having sex with Miss Piggy while Kermit watches really messed with their relationship.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I prefer the sequel, Fifty Shades of Muppet.
  • "The Men Who Stare at Muppets" was great. I really liked how they finally fleshed out Statler and Waldorf.
  • Somehow this seems relevant.
  • Sneeze: Metal filing cabinet, meet Kate's nose. Kate's nose, this is metal filing cabinet.

And then there was blood.
  • edited July 2012
    Ugh, I thought I had the perfect apartment that was super cheap and everything, but the guys look kinda creepy, they're practically in their 30's, and party a tad too much. There goes that place...
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • WHAT THE FUCK FLORIDA. WHY DO I LIVE INSIDE OF YOU?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/13/2894049/florida-supreme-court-upholds.html

"Unlike virtually every other state in the country where it's up to a prosecutor to prove guilt, the 2002 Florida law puts the burden on the person caught with an illegal drug.

Supreme Court Chief Justice Charles Canady said the law does not violate due process. Canady, who wrote the majority opinion, left little doubt where he stood during oral arguments on the case in December.

"Isn't the reality here that these drugs that are illicit are valuable and the people who own them don't just go casting them about at random?" he asked."