This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• That's really sad, but nice that he touched so many people.
  • Deserving of a 21 pin salute.
  • Someone knocked our mailbox off of its post, assholes.
  • edited October 2012
    Ugh, double post. Here, have a unicorn.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • I yet again had a job application rejected. It's been a year and a half since I graduated. I feel ashamed.
  • Work hard for the last three weeks to get the paperwork together so my club can attend the AES convention, only to be told today on the deadline by the girl at the front desk that the information I had received from email correspondence with one of the people in charge of travel authorization was wrong and I needed yet another form that requires our club advisor's signature who is not on campus today. FUCK ERRYTHIN
  • Are you consistently changing your resume? I applied at several places while switching what I had listed until I was getting consistent callbacks.
  • Are you consistently changing your resume? I applied at several places while switching what I had listed until I was getting consistent callbacks.
    Yeah, I have. In the past month alone, I revised it five times. Although one of the places I applied to didn't want a resume, they had me put my work experience into the job application itself.

• Granted I don't know what your field is I guess the only advice I could give you is to keep working on things so you can fill your resume with cool shit.
  • Granted I don't know what your field is I guess the only advice I could give you is to keep working on things so you can fill your resume with cool shit.
    I've a degree in Graphic Design, but those jobs aren't much in demand right now where I am. But thanks for the advice, I've been keeping at it, though I'm limited to a degree since my Mac's dying.

• Oh yeah that is a hard field to break in to.
  • edited October 2012
    Fuck grandparents who can't handle boundaries and ground rules during visits.

Also, your son only contributed half of your grandson's genetic code. Everything you've seen and commented on about your grandson, phenotype and behavior, can't all come from your genetics and is insulting to imply all I did was act as an incubator.
    Post edited by Dr. Zibbelcoot PhD on
  • We got a fire alarm at ~1 am and the whole building at to evacuate.
  • edited October 2012
    We got a fire alarm at ~1 am and the whole building at to evacuate.
    Imagine having a false alarm at 1AM in the dead of December, and in your haste you forget to put on shoes or anything more warm than a t shirt and compression shorts (because PT was in the morning). Suck monkey fuck let me tell you.

edit: Oh yeah and also add in living on the 18th floor of a 20 story building.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Fuck grandparents who can't handle boundaries and ground rules during visits.

Also, your son only contributed half of your grandson's genetic code. Everything you've seen and commented on about your grandson, phenotype and behavior, can't all come from your genetics and is insulting to imply all I did was act as an incubator.
    They've lived a full life. Cut 'em.

• Pete, physical violence is not the answer.
  • Pete, physical violence.
  • Roxxy (my pug) has refused breakfast for 3 days now, so she's not getting her pain killers (she has arthritis) until 4. We're bringing her to the vet as I type.
  • edited October 2012
    Pete, physical violence.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • Pete, physical violence is not the answer.
    Emotional violence is probably fair play, though.
  • edited October 2012
    By some sorcery, Adobe Flash has uninstalled itself from my phone, it's gone from the Google Play store, and all traces aside from a shortcut that no longer works have been erased. Now, I'm not sure exactly how it went from being installed a few days ago to magically gone, but if a developer somehow has the ability to get into my phone and change/add/remove my apps without my knowledge or permission, I swear to god I'll drop Google/Android and/or Verizon is a fucking nanosecond.

My phone is my phone. Do not touch my things.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Welcome to news from June. ;^)

Flash is dead on all phones basically.
  • This means the Kongregate app no longer works either. REALLY infuriating.
  • edited October 2012
    Flash is sort of dying everywhere except as an animation medium, and even then, it's still sort of dying thanks to <canvas>
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Since Adobe didn't want to pay tribute to Apple anyway, no big loss on my iPhone.
  • By some sorcery, Adobe Flash has uninstalled itself from my phone, it's gone from the Google Play store, and all traces aside from a shortcut that no longer works have been erased. Now, I'm not sure exactly how it went from being installed a few days ago to magically gone, but if a developer somehow has the ability to get into my phone and change/add/remove my apps without my knowledge or permission, I swear to god I'll drop Google/Android and/or Verizon is a fucking nanosecond.

My phone is my phone. Do not touch my things.
    You should still be able to send it to your phone or download it from this link.
  • What? If a phone stops supporting a certain plug-in standard in its OS updates, it's not like someone has hacked your phone or anything. They let people know way in advance, and I'd say it was actually not a bad decision on their part to stop Flash support. They have to drop outdated tech at some point.
  • Flash is sort of dying everywhere except as an animation medium, and even then, it's still sort of dying thanks to <canvas>
    You mean that site canv.as or something else? Flash actually works really well for keeping a library of symbols, like mouth phonemes and such, and is getting more and more traction as a broadcast production tool.
  • The version of Flash in my Blackberry tablet is a billion times better than the official Flash for Linux by Adobe. Not sure how to feel about that
  • edited October 2012
    Flash is sort of dying everywhere except as an animation medium, and even then, it's still sort of dying thanks to <canvas>
    You mean that site canv.as or something else? Flash actually works really well for keeping a library of symbols, like mouth phonemes and such, and is getting more and more traction as a broadcast production tool.
    He means the HTML5 <canvas> element.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on