This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• A flamewar would be when I take all of the middling personal details you've revealed on the forum over the past several years and cobble them together into a crushing and soul-shatteringly accurate analysis of your innermost thought processes and secret desires, so utterly and thoroughly humiliating you that your only options are to either respond in kind or go the nuclear route of spouting false but plausible horrible things about me and as many other people in the thread as possible in an attempt to deflect.
    Is it weird I'm totally drawn to wanting this to happen to me?
  • It's not a flamewar until someone breaks journalistic ethics for the express purpose of ruining your life.
  • It's not a flamewar until someone claims to have cried.
  • It's not a flamewar 'til someone mentions God and I'm not too shy not to post.
  • It's not a flamewar until
  • It's not a flamewar until Rym posts one of his popcorn gifs.
  • It's not a flame war till we've speculated on the size of each other's penis.
    Flaming you right now.
    Well, "speculating" isn't really the term I'd use but it is definitely going on.
  • edited October 2012
    Risky financial transactions in an attempt to profit from fluctuations in the sizes of other peoples' penises? Count me in!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Selling all my penis futures right now.
  • This is an area where we should be very wary of insider trading.
  • Flare up in both my shoulders at the same time and there is no ibuprofen. Why is the ibuprofen gone?

BECAUSE PETE.
  • :-(

Sarah and I are both having killer shoulder pain lately. We can't use ibuprofen and tylenol is about worthless.
  • Flare up in both my shoulders at the same time and there is no ibuprofen. Why is the ibuprofen gone?

BECAUSE PETE.
    Aleve? Aspirin?
  • A flamewar would be when I take all of the middling personal details you've revealed on the forum over the past several years and cobble them together into a crushing and soul-shatteringly accurate analysis of your innermost thought processes and secret desires, so utterly and thoroughly humiliating you that your only options are to either respond in kind or go the nuclear route of spouting false but plausible horrible things about me and as many other people in the thread as possible in an attempt to deflect.
    That's flamebait you dumb fuck. Cut out the bullshit 'analysis' crap, replace it with actually using that info to insult someone, then you're on your way to actually flaming. Get your fucking shit together.
  • See now, that's an amateur effort one would expect from a 14 year old 4channer.

BECAUSE PETE.
    Aleve? Aspirin?
    I have taken Tylenol, but that's not a NSAID, and I don't have any of the others. I think I might have 1 supereffective horse pill NSAID left, but that's for emergencies. This pain isn't too bad if I don't do anything with my arms; it's just imflammation caused by impingement. Probably a combination of bursitis and/or tendonitis. It's a recurring problem, but both arms don't usually go at once!

• See now, that's an amateur effort one would expect from a 14 year old 4channer.
    Doesn't that describe the majority of flame war participants? By the time it's truly become about the flame, any actual rationality and sense has long left the building, leaving only the vitriol filled 14 year old troll that lives deep inside of each of us.

BECAUSE PETE.
    Because the two of you have shit policy regarding the stocking of medicine?
    See now, that's an amateur effort one would expect from a 14 year old 4channer.
    More auto-pilot. I hang out with awesome Australians too much, using "fuck" and "bullshit" rubs off on ya, no effort needed though.

BECAUSE PETE.
    Aleve? Aspirin?
    I have taken Tylenol, but that's not a NSAID, and I don't have any of the others. I think I might have 1 supereffective horse pill NSAID left, but that's for emergencies. This pain isn't too bad if I don't do anything with my arms; it's just imflammation caused by impingement. Probably a combination of bursitis and/or tendonitis. It's a recurring problem, but both arms don't usually go at once!
    Yeah, this is why I stock several different kinds of OTC pain killers.

BECAUSE PETE.
    No, I actually usually have a shitload of the stuff. My big bottle and small bottle are both missing or hiding. The small one is definitely Pete's fault. Th big one probably isn't but I'm blaming him anyway.

BECAUSE PETE.
    No, I actually usually have a shitload of the stuff. My big bottle and small bottle are both missing or hiding. The small one is definitely Pete's fault. Th big one probably isn't but I'm blaming him anyway.
    I usually nuke these sorts of things with Aleve, but I've been trying aspirin more lately.

Feel better!
  • Oh yeah, he has some of that, but Naproxen doesn't have any effect on me. So that's awesome.

I'll be fine. It's just annoying and frustrating!
  • I have about a 33% hit rate with naproxen. Sometimes its worth a shot.
  • edited October 2012
    No, I actually usually have a shitload of the stuff. My big bottle and small bottle are both missing or hiding. The small one is definitely Pete's fault. The big one probably isn't but I'm blaming him anyway.
    PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETE!!!!
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • When I had my one-time old person major back pain event, I went to the doctor expecting special meds or something. Instead they said take 8 Advil. I didn't know you could take that much safely. Worked though >_>
  • edited October 2012
    I never take more than 800mg. Wouldn't dare. Then again i rarely risk ibuprofen due to other issues.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • I'm glad my stomach is fairly iron-clad most of the time. Ghost pepper salsa heals all wounds.
  • I can't even take ibuprofen or aspirin, otherwise I may risk serious bleeding. All NSAIDs are off my plate, actually. I'm stuck with acetaminophen/paracetamol (depending on where you live).