This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Hold it you guys still have Woolworths? They went tits up over here years ago.
  • Amp said:

Hold it you guys still have Woolworths? They went tits up over here years ago.

I was surprised to see that Woolworths was a shitty supermarket in the UK when I first moved over there.

Woolworths is one of the top two grocery stores (and I think retailers) in Australia. Pretty much equivalent to a Tesco or Sainsbury except they own a number of different retail chains as well.
  • Amp said:

Different company. Ours started at Wallworths, but then changed the name when they found that the UK Woolworths didn't want to expand here, and they hadn't registered the name.
  • Fuck you Dawnguard DLC.

After 30 minutes of playing Skyrim with a new character I had received the Jarl's approval to buy land in his hold to build a house and I only needed to help out three people to become Thane and get a housecarl/steward. So, I walk out of the Jarl's longhouse and what do I see? I see a vampire attack in progress and watch as nearly every citizen who can give a quest towards becoming Thane die before my very eyes. The only one remaining alive is the blacksmith who gives you a Daedric quest.
  • That would explain a lot, I have no recollection of Woolworths that wasn't a naff store selling cheap tat.
  • sK0pe said:

Amp said:

I was surprised to see that Woolworths was a shitty supermarket in the UK when I first moved over there.

Woolworths is one of the top two grocery stores (and I think retailers) in Australia. Pretty much equivalent to a Tesco or Sainsbury except they own a number of different retail chains as well.
    Yeah I was sorta surprised there was a UK Woolworths at all. I've never been in the UK ever so I didn't really know the state of it. I just remember seeing it in some media at some point and wondering if they were supposed to be the same thing. But it makes more sense when Churba says they're not the same.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Fuck you Dawnguard DLC.

After 30 minutes of playing Skyrim with a new character I had received the Jarl's approval to buy land in his hold to build a house and I only needed to help out three people to become Thane and get a housecarl/steward. So, I walk out of the Jarl's longhouse and what do I see? I see a vampire attack in progress and watch as nearly every citizen who can give a quest towards becoming Thane die before my very eyes. The only one remaining alive is the blacksmith who gives you a Daedric quest.

That's terrible and amazing at the same time. I've never heard of anything like it.
  • Monty Oum died. Wasn't a big fan of Rwby or Haloid but it still sucks that he died at 33. Bit strange really as you don't expect people like that to die.

• So I'm suddenly rethinking how much we use the Caprice for highway trips. It's technically not that much more advanced than the Malibu in this video in terms of safety equipment. My car has seat belts (and the driver's one doesn't work very well) and maybe a breakaway steering column.
  • Oh god, here is my car.

• Thankfully, here is my car:

• edited February 2015
    I couldn't find a crash test for mine, and this isn't quite the right year, but I did find these maniacs, whom I admittedly feel a bit of kinship with.

Post edited by Churba on
  • HMTKSteve said:

Fuck you Dawnguard DLC.

Don't ever play Skyrim unmodded, I personally recommend this mod for dealing with vampire attacks.
  • Is there a mod for the poltergeist effect that occasionally happens?
  • GreyHuge said:

HMTKSteve said:

Fuck you Dawnguard DLC.

Don't ever play Skyrim unmodded
    Exactly.

• Just watched that Nationwide Insurance Super Bowl ad that I've been hearing about. Just What the Fuck.
  • ♫Use Nationwide if your kid died♫
  • Holy shit. Who thought that commercial was a good idea?!
  • Considering just how much people are talking about it, I'd say someone very smart.
  • How does that even make sense? Insurance does not prevent anything, it just pays out money when something bad happens. Unlike property insurance, which can be used to fix damaged property, life insurance can not be used to fix death.

Life insurance on your kids is placing a bet that you think they are going to die. Life insurance on a parent is too make sure that if you die those who depend on you for finances will have some finances when you die.
  • Guys, the ad isn't about selling insurance. It's about promoting their website with tips for child proofing your home. They just want to see fewer preventable deaths, though I'm sure they're happy that everyone is talking about their company.
  • The ad is about preventable deaths caused by accidents. They used a kid as an example because of the emotional response, but a lot of these deaths are adults. I wonder if they're encouraging people to be safe so that they don't have to pay out as much life insurance.
  • The ad is about preventable deaths caused by accidents. They used a kid as an example because of the emotional response, but a lot of these deaths are adults. I wonder if they're encouraging people to be safe so that they don't have to pay out as much life insurance.

That's exactly what they're doing. People using their insurance hurts their bottom line.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Is there a mod for the poltergeist effect that occasionally happens?

You mean when standing on things makes them go into space and sometimes kill you? That's not been fixed yet in any mod I have heard of. Just don't stand inside solid objects.
  • No, the one where you open a door and every item in the room flies through the air like a poltergeist is in the room.

I have also encountered a glitch where trying to place a weapon on a weapon rack causes the weapon to vanish entirely... never to be found again. Or it appears on the floor behind you.
  • Scaremerica, how broadcast media advertising gets to the average person, how Soccer Moms, anti-vaccination advocates were invented and makes foreigners laugh.
  • HMTKSteve said:

No, the one where you open a door and every item in the room flies through the air like a poltergeist is in the room.

I have also encountered a glitch where trying to place a weapon on a weapon rack causes the weapon to vanish entirely... never to be found again. Or it appears on the floor behind you.

That probably has to do with the way Skyrim handles collision physics, and no I can't recall it being modded out, though I have not encountered that problem while playing with the Unoffical Skyrim patches. I suspect that in some cases the devs placed physics objects slightly inside the walls, and that leads to shenanigans. IIRC the patchnotes of the USP mention re-positioning quite a number of objects,
  • I am sad I can call this person "friend".

• If it's any consolation, you won't have to worry about it when obummer's death squads come to take him away for internet thoughtcrimes.
  • It's already proven that everyone is under surveillance. What more information would the FCC collect? And what the hell would they do with it?