This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I just found out my sister has swine flu. I'm actually going home this weekend, and I was hoping to spend some time with her or at least SEE her, because I go to school an hour and a half away and don't go home much. Looks like I have to wait another month or more before I'll have another chance to see her.
    Go and get the swine flu while it's weak, you'll be better off when it gets strong during Flu season.

Not my fail, but I saw this on a car forum. This guy swapped from a EFI V6 to a Carburetted V8, wired the distributor right to the battery and couldn't figure out why his car no longer turned off. :P
  • edited September 2009
    Went on a trial day to an Animal Shelter, trying to hurry through 18 surgeries, lost the uterine stump in an ovariohysterectomy (haven't done this mistake for the last 3 years). More embarrassing was not being able to correct it myself as the surgical lighting was shit and the Vet who eventually grabbed it, did it just by feel (the ideal situation is just to have appropriate lighting, open the abdominal incision until you can visualise the stump, then grab it with an instrument).
    Did a perfect operation on the next patient but still thinking of the stupid stuff up. May have been just me on a bad day or quite possibly that the table's height couldn't be altered and lighting was terrible.

Seriously there is a reason why there is a shit tonne of lights in an operating theatre.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • I flicked hot oil on my finger last night and gave myself quite the burn. It's all bubbly and fluid filled today.
  • By the end of the day I'm covered in hay and sweat, my ankles are soaked with water and milk, my wrists are smeared with fly guts, my boots are caked with shit, and I smell like mixture of Goat Diarrhea and Buck In Heat. I really don't understand why people romanticize farm life.
    Trade "cattle and horses" for "goats" and you're living exactly the life I led before I went to college. Actually, we had some goats as well, but they were really more like pets than anything else.
  • Go and get the swine flu while it's weak, you'll be better off when it gets strong during Flu season.
    When I think of this coming flu season, all I can think of is the Juggernaut slamming through a wall. "I'm H1N1, bitch!" It's going around fast here at UIUC. Pretty sure I'll get it within a month.
  • Trade "cattle and horses" for "goats" and you're living exactly the life I led before I went to college. Actually, we had some goats as well, but they were really more like pets than anything else.
    I really wouldn't mind having a goat as a pet. Some of them can be pretty affectionate, but more than two is far too many.
    When I think of this coming flu season, all I can think of is the Juggernaut slamming through a wall. "I'm H1N1, bitch!" It's going around fast here at UIUC. Pretty sure I'll get it within a month.

• Fuck you, Abigail.
  • That is absolutely horrifying.

• Just for you Neckpuncher
  • I adore Tori's version of Smells Like Teen Spirit. Well, I love Tori in general, so that isn't a big surprise.
  • The Tori version gets a pass. I'm not a fan, but at least it feels respectful of the original, and it's not an awful, wretched techno-pop song.
  • What about this?
  • edited September 2009
    Come on. I'm old. I saw all of these when they came out.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited September 2009
    I'm not a fan.
    I think it is great that people have a variety of tastes and that it is perfectly fine when other people's tastes do not coincide with mine. That being said, do you have no ears? ^_~
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • That being said, do you have no ears? ^_~
    You know, I don't DISlike Tori Amos. She just never really did it for me. She's a good singer and a good piano player, and a pretty lady to boot, but nothing about her music ever made me want to listen to more of it.
  • edited September 2009
    I like this rap song and was begining to think "Hey, maybe I should listen to.. the original.".. My thought's that modern rap music might have some small vestige of quality were entirely unfounded.

Version I like:

Original:
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Saturday I learned my camaro doesn't have a limited slip differential.
  • Saturday I learned my camaro doesn't have a limited slip differential.
    How did you come upon that discovery? I only ask because it could have been a dangerous discovery.
  • I just got scooped on what was supposed to be my first author paper. I need a first author paper to graduate for my PhD and now I'm back to the drawing board. On the bright side? They came to the same conclusions I did and verified what preliminary data I collected.
  • I just got scooped on what was supposed to be my first author paper. I need a first author paper to graduate for my PhD and now I'm back to the drawing board. On the bright side? They came to the same conclusions I did and verified what preliminary data I collected.
    At least you know that you can do the research that you need to do. Now you just need to jump on it before someone else does.

I advocate systematically eliminating all of your peers until you're the only one who can publish.
    That is ASSSSSSSSSSS...
  • edited September 2009
    How did you come upon that discovery? I only ask because it could have been a dangerous discovery.
    No, nothing exciting happened...well the car did roll off the jack stand, but that was because of my stupidity more than anything. I found out the proper way which is open up the rear differential housing and look. I needed to open it up to figure out the gear ratios and it badly needed the diff oil changed.
    Post edited by George Patches on
    Oh man I am so sorry Lisa... :(
  • I couldn't go to classes today because the only bus that goes through my apartment complex hit a PARKED CAR.

(I don't drive there because the parking is ass and most of the lots have backwards crazy time)
  • I just realized that I have been playing Pokemon Platinum for 92 hours (and that I played Pearl for 80-some hours).
  • I just realized that I have been playing Pokemon Platinum for 92 hours (and that I played Pearl for 80-some hours).
    That's win, not fail.
    That's win, not fail.
    So I see you are still in the stage of denial...
  • I actually finished playing Diamond again, and picked up Platinum and have been picking through it lately. I wonder when it will start getting really tiresome like Pokemon does after awhile.
  • edited September 2009
    Diamond was the only Pokemon game I bought never completed; I stopped at the Elite Four. After beating Red, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire, Emerald, and Fire Red, the very process of playing a Pokemon game got tiresome. Sure, it took me over a decade to get tired of it, but it happened.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I spent an hour playing level 5 of Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure over and over again. I am still not through it. FUCK. This game is so hard. I don't remember it being this hard.