This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Left my iPod at home this morning. *sigh* It's going to be a long day. I was looking forward to listening to a few podcasts, audio books, and listening/watching my new digital copy of X:Men Origins: Wolverine.

Maybe if my boyfriend is in a good mood, he'll bring it to me..
  • edited September 2009
    It's 1:29AM, and, as a tutor, I'm marking first years' programming assignments. I also have an assignment of my own due in 22.5 hours.

EDIT: At least they're in Python, and there isn't too many of them.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • EDIT: At least they're in Python, and there isn't too many of them.
    Just type "import completedassignment"
  • edited September 2009
    That doesn't help me so much with marking. Perhaps I should try "import automatic_assignment_marker" though.
    On the other hand, the assignment I have to do is all documentation.
  • edited September 2009
    That doesn't help me so much with marking. Perhaps I should try "import automatic_assignment_marker" though.
    "import DMC12_doc_brown_mod" and you'll have plenty of time to do it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited September 2009
    import tardis
    I think you mean "from __future__ import tardis" ^_~
    It'll be fine, though the sleep will get the short end of the stick.

Ah well, that's the marking done. I guess I'll get a couple of hours of sleep before I work on the assignment.
    Please also note the way this person spelled the name of the country.
  • Please also note the way this person spelled the name of the country.
    Personally I love the "7OX News."
    Boy, 7OX News is doing such a good job keeping them infromed.
    They're truly the best News network in Amercia.
    They're truly the best News network in Amercia.
    7or Amercians
  • Slept my entire afternoon away, and in the process, missed the season premier of The Office.
  • The transmission logs this morning were borked. Somehow yesterdays transmission logs and today's were merged together. Luckily I had help sorting through the mess still took the whole morning to fix it. Had to work late because of it to.
  • Been waiting for UPS all day. Tracking says the package is on the truck and out for delivery. It's 7:37pm -- don't know if it's actually going to show up. The fail, though, is that all day I've been getting up every ten minutes and looking out the window, instead of just waiting for the doorbell to ring.
  • edited September 2009
    Been waiting for UPS all day. Tracking says the package is on the truck and out for delivery. It's 7:37pm -- don't know if it's actually going to show up. The fail, though, is that all day I've been getting up every ten minutes and looking out the window, instead of just waiting for the doorbell to ring.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • missed the season premier of The Office.
    Me too. If only nbc.com had it. Or hulu. Or they came out with DVD box sets. Or there were torrents available for download. Alas, now we'll never get to see it.
  • missed the season premier of The Office.
    Me too. If only nbc.com had it. Or hulu. Or they came out with DVD box sets. Or there were torrents available for download. Alas, now we'll never get to see it.
    Easy there. The thread is "Fail of Your Day," and the rest of my day was pretty damn good. So, you can excuse this minor fail, and eagerly await the Swine Fail that I will post soon.
    Andy Richter Crushes CNN's Wolf Blitzer In Celebrity Jeopardy. When do we get to see more 'news people' on Jeopardy?
  • Andy Richter Crushes CNN's Wolf Blitzer In Celebrity Jeopardy. When do we get to see more 'news people' on Jeopardy?
    I remember Rock and Roll Jeopardy, where C.C. DeVille from Poison absolutely KILLED. I always thought he was just a douchebag with some mascara and a guitar, but it quickly became obvious that he's a dude who really loves the shit out of music.
  • I remember Rock and Roll Jeopardy, where C.C. DeVille from Poison absolutely KILLED. I always thought he was just a douchebag with some mascara and a guitar, but it quickly became obvious that he's a dude who really loves the shit out of music.
    Dave Mustaine did the same, on an episode where George Clinton had clearly smoked a ton of crack before getting on stage.
    More of a fail of my friends day and why you should never add teachers, parents or other such authourity figures on Facebook
  • I don't get it.
  • Me neither. Care to explain please?
  • It's a lame version of a joke (or real-life occurrence) that has been made countless times before. The MSPaint editing doesn't help. In fact, just read CollegeHumor.
  • edited September 2009
    Me neither. Care to explain please?
    Son, who is supposedly at work, updates status about blazing or something. Father, who thinks his son is working, sees the status update and knows he is not working.
    More of a fail of my friends day and why you should never add teachers, parents or other such authourity figures on Facebook
    This I agree with to a T. Being Facebook friends with your teachers is a conflict of interest. Former teachers can be okay, but to be friends with a current teacher is kind of inappropriate. Parents I will straight up deny and block as well because there are certain pieces of information that certain friends' parents will bother me about. Namely, the time my friend's evangelical father tried to Facebook friend me. I don't need to deal with anyone trying to convert me. My own parents have enough decency to know not to try to friend me.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • My Gundam Dynames model kit has been "in transit to final destination" since yesterday at 11:18 AM. It has been within the borders of the city I'm in since 6 AM yesterday morning. It shouldn't take this long! Come on UPS!
  • My Gundam Dynames model kit has been "in transit to final destination" since yesterday at 11:18 AM. It has been within the borders of the city I'm in since 6 AM yesterday morning. It shouldn't take this long! Come on UPS!
    Word. I've got a video card coming ("Next Day", too) that's been "out for delivery" since 8:31am two days ago.
  • Took me a second to figure that one out.
  • Took me a second to figure that one out.
    Same here. But I wasn't surprised. He's a Cubs fan.