This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I found out Girl Talk was here last Thursday, playing in Seattle. /sad panda ; _ ;
  • I found out Girl Talk was here last Thursday, playing in Seattle. /sad panda ; _ ;
    Actually, it was yesterday.
  • edited September 2009
    Actually, it was yesterday.
    Regardless, I still missed it. I really should have read my Eventful emails.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Due to that fear, I practice drawing and writing on my left sometimes. It sounds silly, but it's an actual fear I have.
    Oh, man -- I'm like a baby with my right (off) hand. I figure that if I hurt my left hand, I could probably use a mouse to poke out vector lines enough to do layouts or something in the meantime, but man would it suck.
    One animator goes to touch him with his right (dominant) hand and then catches himself and switches to his left, "just in case."
    Hah! I totally favor my right hand for things that are potentially hand-wrecking. :)
  • *sigh* We're at olive garden, and my mom is bickering with the manager over the cost of salad. My mom is a fat indignant lady. FML
  • My mom called right as I was going to talk to a girl whom I am interested in dating, essentially cock-blocking me.
  • My mom called right as I was going to talk to a girl whom I am interested in dating, essentially cock-blocking me.
    You could of not answered and then call her back.
  • edited September 2009
    You could of not answered and then call her back.
    You haven't met my mom, she would just keep calling.
    This is a reoccurring fail, though, my mom has the ability to call at the most inopportune times.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited September 2009
    LOL, ask her how she'd like to be imprisoned for her political beliefs. In fact, spin it this way - "Mom, I'm just worried that Obama will imprison all of us in those FEMA concentration camps and I'm hoping that Amnesty International can help us out."
    My mother knows my political views are different than theirs and wouldn't buy it for a moment. Every time the subject of politics comes up, no matter how rational or calm I am, my parents stick their fingers in their ears and go "LA LA LA."
    *sigh* We're at olive garden, and my mom is bickering with the manager over the cost of salad. My mom is a fat indignant lady. FML
    You're not alone in this regard.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • My godsister is holding her baby shower in a bar. This is the same girl that actually said, "I found out I was pregnant after I couldn't keep any whiskey down." The father of her baby is a bartender that is old enough to be her father and already has three kids, one of whom is 18 (my godsister is only 21). I have feared it for some time, but she is now officially white trash.
    That poor, poor baby.
    That's weird, I didn't think the Jerry Springer show accurately portrayed Americans :P
    Is the father going to marry your godsister?
    *sigh* We're at olive garden, and my mom is bickering with the manager over the cost of salad. My mom is a fat indignant lady. FML
    Wow, did she bicker about the size / cost before she touched her cutlery or after she had eaten her meal (just in case there is a glimmer of redemption for your Mom.
    This is a reoccurring fail, though, my mom has the ability to call at the most inopportune times.
    Some more examples may be interesting to hear. In these situations I just silence my phone then ring back the person(s) that I get missed calls for.
  • That's weird, I didn't think the Jerry Springer show accurately portrayed Americans :P
    What, you thought they payed people to write that shit?
  • *sigh* We're at olive garden, and my mom is bickering with the manager over the cost of salad. My mom is a fat indignant lady. FML
    My mother used to be like that, but she got better. I'm also slowly getting her off woo-woo and onto real things.
  • All four of my websites were hacked. I got them working again, but hoped to spend the last few hours doing something more interesting.

How do you even do that?
  • edited September 2009
    Is the father going to marry your godsister?
    I honestly hope not. I hope she realizes what a sack of fail he is and moves on with her life, taking the baby with her. I just want her to finish her last year of college, get a decent job in another city, and take the baby with her. The likeliness of this happening is fairly low.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • That's weird, I didn't think the Jerry Springer show accurately portrayed Americans :P
    What, you thought they payed people to write that shit?
    Yes that's exactly what I thought.
  • My shirt is kind of short and every time I raise my arms. I flash my tummy. :(
  • My shirt is kind of short and every time I raise my arms. I flash my tummy. :(
    I have that problem with almost every T-shirt I own. Being tall with broad shoulders makes buying shirts annoying.
    Buy a bigger shirt?
    I have that problem with almost every T-shirt I own. Being tall with broad shoulders makes buying shirts annoying.
    Agreed. Anytime you want to get a shirt that is long enough for a tall person, it is also usually big enough for someone that weighs 100 pounds more than you.
    Agreed. Anytime you want to get a shirt that is long enough for a tall person, it is also usually big enough for someone that weighs 100 pounds more than you.
    Exactly, very annoying.
  • Do guys really have issues finding clothes that fit nicely? I though that was mostly a female issue since men's sizing is so standardized.
  • RymRym
    edited September 2009
    Do guys really have issues finding clothes that fit nicely?
    Guys who aren't obese often do. The majority of the pants in most department stores are almost as wide as they are long. I basically buy any pair of 30/32 or 29/32 I ever see just for their rarity.

Granted, I've had the problem much less frequently since I began shopping for all of my clothes in the city. People are generally thinner here, and it's definitely reflected in the pant selection.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Seriously, it's impossible to find skinny clothes for you out where we are, because you are tall and slender.
    ...I wish your physique was the rule rather than the exception. That's why the city is a good place for us to shop.
  • edited September 2009
    Guys who aren't obese often do. The majority of the pants in most department stores are almost as wide as they are long. I basically buy any pair of 30/32 or 29/32 I ever see just for their rarity.
    30/32 and 29/32 are "almost as wide as they are long". Adam wears a 32/34 (I think) and he is by no means obese. Do you mean wider than they are long?

With guys at least everything is in inches. With women, a size 8 in one line of clothing is not the same as a size 8 in any other line of clothing. Women seriously need pants that have measurements for waist width, hip width, and length.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • 30/32 and 29/32 are "almost as wide as they are long"
    That's the inseam, not the total length. ;^)
  • Do you mean wider than they are long?
    It's been my experience that most pants are wider than long. I wear a 34/34 normally, but when I go look for pants, even those can be difficult to find in the style that I like. Most pants are 36/34 or 38/34. It's also not uncommon to see waists above 40" for lengths of 34" or less.

But I do agree that it is much easier for guys, especially if we're getting a suit or dress clothing, since they can be tailored to what you need for cheap.
  • Do guys really have issues finding clothes that fit nicely?
    Yeah, 30/32 is hard to find. I used to be that skinny. I've got a bit of beer gut now that despite my walking most places doesn't seem to want to go away. Still, 32/32 is one of the rarer sizes and limits the pants selection a bit.
  • What amazes me is that most of the sizes are in the 44/30 range.
  • Eh, pants. I'm a 30/34 there about. The pants I'm wearing atm is 31/34 and could no problem lose an inch. Here I thought my size was annoying to find over here. 44/30 should never be common.