This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• 30/32 and 29/32 are "almost as wide as they are long"
    That's the inseam, not the total length. ;^)
    I am aware. That correction is besides the point, is it not?
  • edited September 2009
    My shirt is kind of short and every time I raise my arms. I flash my tummy. :(
    Tie, jacket, loose the shirt. That is all you need to do.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Pants are an issue, even when you're not awesomely skinny. Being 6'3", a young adult (I'm not buying my jeans at Men's Warehouse, thanks anyway), and not being ridiculously heavy makes buying pants hell. You'd think that at some point someone would go, "Oh, wait, it's SHORT people that have the greatest need for the availability of huge waistbands!" but sadly, this logic hasn't seemed to take hold in the clothing community yet. I'm definitely not as skinny as most of you fellows, but I'm certainly not obese, and it's problematic that the men's clothing industry seems hellbent on catering to an unhealthy lifestyle. They're enablers, I suppose.

The Gap is, shockingly, pretty much on top of it when it comes to making pants with my waist size with long inseams as. However, due to college and the resulting shedding of pounds I've been going through, said Gap jeans are now falling off my ass, and my belt is now several inches too big. As pleased as I am with weight loss, I can't say I'm looking forward to finding jeans with a 34 inseam that aren't built for people with the physiques of oil drums.
  • They're enablers, I suppose.
    Gain 150 pounds. Sue all pants manufacturers.
  • They're enablers, I suppose.
    Gain 150 pounds. Sue all pants manufacturers.
    I guarantee that someone in this country would try that.
  • I am aware. That correction is besides the point, is it not?
    Since the point is continually belabored, I will foreshorten by pointing out that width and circumference are not the same thing.
  • edited September 2009
    Clearly, the solution is to stop wearing pants and get some kilts. There, problem solved.
    I am aware. That correction is besides the point, is it not?
    Since the point is continually belabored, I will foreshorten by pointing out that width and circumference are not the same thing.
    I was going to say this too. The aforementioned pants are in no way nearly as long as they are wide, since the width would be slightly less than half the circumference and the length would be a few inches longer than the inseam.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I think my building is causing some serious SBS. Our room smells vaguely mildewy; no fresh air move into the building. There are wet spots on the carpet that will not dry. Our bathroom is beginning to reek of ammonia, but the source is unclear, as the bathroom itself is clean; I walked in and felt my nostrils burn the other day. Every night I lie down with a case of nausea so mind-bogglingly severe and otherwise asymptomatic that it is affecting my work. My roommates seem unaffected.

Strike 2, residence hall. You have one more chance.
  • Clearly, the solution is to stop wearing pants and get some kilts. There, problem solved.
    I'm going to have to agree with Nuri on this one:

I need a kilt. Forget the shirt.
  • I just realized that with the way my hair curls, when I brush it, I look like Cecilia from the "Girl With the Skeleton Hand" story on Johnny Wander.
  • edited September 2009
    @Templar: I kinda like hakama but that's probably their association with kendo.
    If you've got a skirt on each leg, it's totally manly.
  • I just realized that with the way my hair curls, when I brush it, I look like Cecilia from the "Girl With the Skeleton Hand" story on Johnny Wander.
    Cosplay? ^_~
  • edited September 2009
    I just realized that with the way my hair curls, when I brush it, I look like Cecilia from the "Girl With the Skeleton Hand" story on Johnny Wander.
    Cosplay? ^_~
    I have enough costumes in the works already, than you very much.

Besides, as it dries, my hair feathers out. If I were to keep it the way it is when it's wet, I would have to use a metric shit-ton of hair gel.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • It's kind of odd, but I've actually compared kilt prices on the internet, and I've found that they are usually more expensive than pants.
  • It's kind of odd, but I've actually compared kilt prices on the internet, and I've found that they are usually more expensive than pants.
    Yes. There is less demand and they are usually not produced in the same quantities. However, you can generally wear a kilt many more times than pants without washing, so it could be considered the equivalent of several pairs of pants (unless you are worried about fashion or something silly like that).
  • Just reiterating that I hate this soulless job, and it dawned on me recently that I have never once in my life held a job that I considered meaningful and fulfilling. I wonder what that feels like. I suck for still being here.
  • Just reiterating that I hate this soulless job, and it dawned on me recently that I have never once in my life held a job that I considered meaningful and fulfilling. I wonder what that feels like. I suck for still being here.
    Ditto on my current job. It could be a lot worse, sure, I've had worse. But most of the day I think about what I would rather be doing, which is starting my own business. I was just unlucky to be getting out of school right when the banks started collapsing and the economy followed along with it. It is hard though since I've had jobs that I enjoyed and felt like I was a significant part of projects. Now I'm just the cog in the machine.
  • edited September 2009
    Just reiterating that I hate this soulless job, and it dawned on me recently that I have never once in my life held a job that I considered meaningful and fulfilling. I wonder what that feels like. I suck for still being here.
    Are they letting you draw yet when you finish your work? Did that get resolved?
    Post edited by gomidog on
    Are they letting you draw yet when you finish your work? Did that get resolved?
    I had a couple days of opportunity for that this week. The office manager has been out since Monday, there was no one to observe me and I had nothing to do, so I got to draw. But now my boss is back and I am having reports dumped on me again left and right and there would be no talking to him about it even if I DID have nothing to do.

And how is it that his assistant will only come to me when I am fucking swamped to go “Hey Judith when you get a chance I’m gonna need a few transmittals”. I hate transmittals. Hatehatehate transmittals. Give me a fucking transmittal when I have nothing else to do for a change, fuckit.

I apologize, just in a venting mode.
  • Today I was the victim of an attempted mugging! You can get robbed anywhere, but I must admit this was one of the most "likely to be robbed if I walk down that narrow alley" places I've ever visited. Casablanca has that reputation, especially the Medina. Thankfully some other locals came to my rescue, or else I could have lost my camera and iPod.
  • Thankfully some other locals came to my rescue...
    This sounds like an entertaining story.
  • edited September 2009
    Fail of the last several months: My Dad thinks 9-11pm is the right time to have dinner. I'm thinking of adding an extra meal to my day just to break up the gap 7-11 hour gap. It also makes trying to sleep at normal times a pain.
    Also, due to my father's picky eating habits, we haven't had any new dishes for at least six months.
  • If I ever met the person who did this, lord have mercy on his/her soul. I do like how they ended up calling the cat "Sticky". At least there is some humor in such a horrible thing.
  • Can't find my keys and it ruined my day completely.
  • If I ever met the person who did this, lord have mercy on his/her soul.
    Is this what your punching tweet was about? Because if so -- I concur. Also -- nice avatar. :)
  • Is this what your punching tweet was about?
    No, that one was about someone I work with. I had to listen to some good trance/house to calm me down.
    Also -- nice avatar. :)
    Hehe, yeah, I think it's pretty damn spiffy, especially the person the who made it as well. ; ^)
  • MY SUITEMATES ARE PISSING ON THE FLOOR AGAIN. FUCK.

Does the current formulation of Sharpie still wipe off with nail polish remover?
  • Does the current formulation of Sharpie still wipe off with nail polish remover?
    No idea, just use Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser.
  • If I ever met the person who did this, lord have mercy on his/her soul.I do like how they ended up calling the cat "Sticky". At least there is some humor in such a horrible thing.
    Aww, poor kitty.
  • But now she is okay, if slightly bald. The story ends happily.
    Poor kitty. Mean Person. Nice Vets.