This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Our New Puppies!

Comments

• Is the Geekhaus having animals? If so, what kinds?
  • If I had my say bunnies who live in my room and a big awesome dog. Maybe a bird, too.
  • The plan is such:

1. Buy haus.
    2. Furnish haus, settle in.
    3. Acquire animals
    3a. Ensure that Scott does not have to directly care for or clean up after said animals
    4. Play with puppies every day for the rest of my life.
  • I will take care of the bunny and walk the dog half of the time. I'll pay for all bunny related stuff and I'll make sure their area is bunny-proofed.
  • @Mr. MacRoss, never had a dog or cat as pet before? All of that is basic behaviour, and will tire after a while. Note, I'm jaded concerning this kind of pet behaviour.
    I've wanted dogs all my life, but my parents only ever let me have hamsters and fish. Hamsters are often bastards and fish are not cuddly.
  • The plan is such:

1. Buy haus.
    2. Furnish haus, settle in.
    3. Acquire animals
    3a. Ensure that Scott does not have to directly care for or clean up after said animals
    Who will directly care for and clean up after Scott?
  • edited November 2008
    fish are not cuddly.
    What you want is newts: very cuddly and ever so slightly slimey.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Maybe a bird, too.
    A wonderful idea came to mind as I read that. I need a parrot/bird who I can teach to an evil laugh. I might call him Bob. Bob, the insane parakeet from beyond!
    As a lifelong dog owner, I can say that I have never tired of puppy antics.
    But most of those antics aren't even puppy exclusive!
  • Who will directly care for and clean up after Scott?
    Hmm, that is a question, isn't it. ^_^
  • Who will directly care for and clean up after Scott?
    Hmm, that is a question, isn't it. ^_^
    Scott will have built a robot to tend to his needs by that point. He will also make one with boobs for Katsu. ^_^
  • 4. Play with puppies every day for the rest of my life.
    This is my only goal in life.
  • 4. Play with puppies every day for the rest of my life.
    No love for kittens?
  • - Go racing through the house chasing each other and slamming into walls only to ricochet off and do it over and over again. It sort of sounds likeskeeteryskeeteryskeereryskeeteryTHUD.
    I have scratches all along the hardwood in the house from our pups doing this. It's so unbearably cute. It's even crazier when they're only newborns (we've bred our dogs a few times); when they try to walk, their paws lose traction and they just flop down on all fours with a fwump.
    - Stand on their training pads and pee or poo off the edge. (They try so hard, but they're also long...)
    Word to the wise: Place the pads on an old rug that you can throw out once they are fully housetrained. Since they just feel the fluff of the pad and start pooping, this way you have an extra spill area to catch the mess.
    - The boy has decided if it can go near his mouth, it must be chewed.
    Find any wires in your house that are at puppy eye level and layer them in nailbiting gloss. This way they'll assosciate the horrid taste with wires, and it'll stop him from getting 120V across his jaw one of these days. We learned this one the hard way; she survived, but we landed a huge bill from the vet. Sill by far and away better tan the alternative.
    - While watching TV last night, both pups in my lap, they noticed our collective reflection in the window across from where were sitting. They then started growling and barking, even after I took them right up to it so they could see and then moved away where they couldn't see the window anymore.
    Our pups like to bark at dog sounds they hear from the TV. They don't react to the picture though; I guess they can't see the screen properly with the refresh rate on the CRT.
  • edited November 2008
    On second thought, I wish I chose #2, so I could steal the name Bowie when I get a puppy...
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • I voted for option 2 but would rather Bowie and Zoë because it has a good flow.
  • edited November 2008
    No love for kittens?
    Kittens are fun to watch. I prefer to actually play with puppies. There's something that feels so much more heartfelt about their enthusiasm. I always get the feeling that a cat keeps me around because I'm convenient.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I voted for option 2 but would rather Bowie and Zoë because it has a good flow.
    If they sound similar, it can be difficult for the dogs to learn their names.
    @Lusankya: Yeah, we are picking up the nail biting glass for their collars (they continually chew each others) and we are keeping wires unavailable to them - the gloss on the wires would be helpful as a backup, thanks for the tip! As for the old rug bit, we have wood flooring. It is an easy clean up. We make sure to use the cleansers that remove the odor completely (so the puppies aren't encouraged to pee/poop off the pads). MR. MacRoss may not have had puppies, but MRS. MacRoss knows the score (my family has taken in rescue dachshunds since I was 8).
  • Kittens are fun towatch. I prefer to actuallyplaywith puppies. There's something that feels so much more heartfelt about their enthusiasm. I always get the feeling that a cat keeps me around because I'm convenient.
    Pfffffffffft, you've clearly not played with cats. Also, I prefer playing with a grown dog than a puppy. Puppies are clumsy. =__=
  • Puppies are clumsy
    That's why they're so cute and endearing!
  • Kittens are fun towatch. I prefer to actuallyplaywith puppies. There's something that feels so much more heartfelt about their enthusiasm. I always get the feeling that a cat keeps me around because I'm convenient.
    Pfffffffffft, you've clearly not played with cats. Also, I prefer playing with a grown dog than a puppy. Puppies are clumsy. =__=
    I've played with many cats. The thing is, they're playing with me, not vice versa. I don't trust the felines.
  • Playing with dogs doesn't potentially hurt as much as with cats.
    Depends on the size and how rough they play. Wow... that sounds wrong.
  • Kittens...I iz allergic. They are cute and cuddly, but at least with puppies I can still breathe live.
  • Kittens...I iz allergic. They are cute and cuddly, but at least with puppies I can stillbreathelive.
    Killer Kittens!!! BEWARE!
  • edited November 2008
    Playing with dogs doesn't potentially hurt as much as with cats.
    I'm going to have to say, out of all the animals I have owned, rats are the most painful. I love that they are all cute and fat, but when those tiny claws hit you in the neck... hisss bad.
    Bowie is a good name. My cat's name is Danzig.
    Post edited by Nerissa on
  • I have contact allergies to rats. When their little nails would break the skin, it would become a hive. However, rats don't scratch on purpose, if they are angry they try to bite. Alice never bit. She was such a lovely rat. Stinky Natasha on the other hand was a bit of a spaz.
    I'm going to have to say, out of all the animals I have owned, rats are the most painful. I love that they are all cute and fat, but when those tiny claws hit you in the neck... hisss bad.
    Bowie is a good name. My cat's name is Danzig.
    We have a friend named Danzig. :/
  • edited November 2008
    Was her full name in fact Stinky Natasha? If so, that'd be awesome.

I'm still sore about not being able to play with a puppy named Cnaiur. :( Perhaps I'll get a Norwegian Elkhound and name it Thor.
    My cat's name is Danzig.
    That's so hard-core. Is your cat an asshole?
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Was her full name in fact Stinky Natasha?
    It was indeed. *Fake Russian Accent* We name her because she was crafty like Soviet Spy. Also very stinky.
  • Puppy photos! The reddish one is the boy and the darker one is the girl.