This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Our New Puppies!

Comments

• Was her full name in fact Stinky Natasha?
    It was indeed. *Fake Russian Accent* We name her because she was crafty like Soviet Spy. Also very stinky.
    My friends have a hedgehog named Trotsky.

Also, I want to have a Sheltie in the worst way. Too bad my boyfriend sucks...
  • Also, I want to have a Sheltie in the worst way. Too bad my boyfriend sucks...
    Why is that? My boyfriend sucks because he has cats. Dogs > Cats imo, however I like how cats are lower maintenance. I just miss playful tail-wagging puppies/dogs.
  • OMG SQUEEEE! I wants puppies. :( Must wait til after I finish school tho. No supporting other living creatures while I'm a broke student. 'Tis the rule.
  • Hmm, did the vote get reset or something :/
  • Also, I want to have a Sheltie in the worst way. Too bad my boyfriend sucks...
    Why is that? My boyfriend sucks because he has cats. Dogs > Cats imo, however I like how cats are lower maintenance. I just miss playful tail-wagging puppies/dogs.
    He is anti-dog (at least while we travel frequently); however, he is also a member of the FRC who travels up and hangs out with Rym and Scott frequently. AND NOW EVERYONE ELSE IS GETTING DOGS! *cry!*

However, he forgets that he has family and friends enough in town, who could keep a good eye on them (and some just to get out of their own houses). I set the same goal (as Nuri, above) for a getting a puppy after I finished school. I have been out of grad school for about two years now. The only reason that I cannot (that is not outright dismissive for little good reason) is that "he doesn't want one."
  • Honestly, as much as I want dogs, I'm not home enough to really care for them. A couple of birds are probably my best bet until I'm independently wealthy.
  • Honestly, as much as I want dogs, I'm not home enough to really care for them. A couple of birds are probably my best bet until I'm independently wealthy.
    You just need to buy yourself a dog-butler to cater to their whims whilst you're gone.
    That's the big pitfall of having a puppy. Most of them need a lot of attention, especially in the young years; even as they age, you still need to pay a lot of attention to them.

Especially goldens. Those little bastards are attention whores.
    That's the big pitfall of having a puppy. Most of them need a lot of attention, especially in the young years; even as they age, you still need to pay a lot of attention to them.

Are they ever. I had a seriously emotionally damaged Golden, and he was even worse than most.

Are they ever. I had a seriously emotionally damaged Golden, and he was even worse than most.
    Of course, Golden puppies are probably the cutest things there are. Period. So all that attention-whoring is worth it.
    Cats are the best independent animals in my opinion, next to any reptile that you only have to feed like once a week.
  • Mental Image:

Emily erupt from her seat, shouting.

Emily: bunnies bunnies bunnies!!!
    Rym: Calm down.
  • Hey Rym, bunnies are very low maintenance. Hint hint.
  • The ponytail is what makes it.

Incidentally my family recently adopted two new kittens.
  • Come on Rym, wouldn't you want one of these in the Geekhaus?
  • That is adorable. I need an insulin shot now.
  • DAAAAAWWWWWWW!
  • edited November 2008
    Ok, this one was really hard because of my love for David Bowie AND my love for Annie Lennox, but after careful thought I have to go with Firefly. (I'll admit, I almost cried when Wash died)
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Dude, if you are going to put a spoiler, put in in white, clearly marked. Not everyone has seen Firefly.
  • What a movie, though.
  • Not everyone has seen Firefly.
    I still haven't seen it...
  • The names have been decided.

The girl is Zoe (darker colored) and the boy (the lighter reddish one) is Malcom.
  • Hurrah! Democracy works!
  • I was silently holding out hope that it would be Moxie and CrimeFighter.
  • I was silently holding out hope that it would be Moxie and CrimeFighter.
    There is already a baby with that name... why do you need puppies to be named that, too?
  • Wait, is the baby named Moxie? Or CrimeFighter?
  • edited November 2008
    I was silently holding out hope that it would be Moxie and CrimeFighter.
    There is already a baby with that name... why do you need puppies to be named that, too?
    Humorous effect. Also, isn't it kind of self-defeating when there are characters named Mal and Zoe already? At any rate, it was merely a callback joke. I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiter.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Wait, is the baby named Moxie? Or CrimeFighter?
    Jillette, 50, and his wife Emily, 39, welcomed Moxie CrimeFighter Jillette on Friday, according to publicist Glenn Schwartz. It was the first child for the couple, who married last year.
  • When my youngest dogs were puppies, we got one of those small blue plastic kid pools for the training pads. The dogs quickly learned to climb in when they had to go. This way if they missed the pads there was no problem. Once they were used to the pool, we slowly moved it next to the door. After that, it was pretty easy to train them to go outside. I do not know if your pups would be tall enough to climb in the pool, but if you can find one that is short enough it may help.

I currently have 6 dogs in the house. The oldest one is named Temporary. I love unusual names. After I named Temp, my wife decided she would get to name the other dogs. So we also have Rio, Rocket, Snoopy, And Ivan. Our 6th dog is a foster and came with the name Kisses.