This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Club Nintendo

edited December 2008 in Video Games
Join and earn free stuff by buying stuff. Right now, the most expensive prize, at 800 coins, is a collection of Game and Watch games for the DS.

Comments

• edited December 2008
    It won't let me get past the email part of the registration...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It won't let me get past the email part of the registration...
    Same here. I'm sure many people are trying to do this at the same time. I remember reading on Kotaku earlier today or yesterday that the site was up for a few hours then they took it down.

Maybe in a day or two it will be better to register.
  • edited December 2008
    Heh. Since I previously already registered some of my Nintendo products before, e.g., Wii, various games, and my DS, it seems to have transferred my previously registered items, but I don't seem to get any coins for them. (It seems after I have completed the survey for each game, it will add the coins to it.)

It's a good thing I have a few other Nintendo products that I have yet to register.

Edit: Upon further inspection these are the way you earn coins:

* Register a Wii or Nintendo DS game and complete a quick survey.
    Wii games = 50 Coins
    Nintendo DS games = 30 Coins
    Wii Shop Channel games/Wii Channels = 10 Coins
    * Indicate your intent to buy a game and you'll earn 10 extra Coins after you buy it, register it and complete the survey.
    * Register a Nintendo game and complete a quick survey within 4 weeks of its launch and earn an additional 10 Coins!

You can still take surveys on the items you have previously registered and give additional comments. So far, I have said that they should have added Fusion and Cascade to Tetris DS, as for Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, let's just say I wasn't so nice.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited December 2008
    If the prizes end up being worth wile, I'm just gonna register my friends games and not tell them about it ^_-
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • If the prizes end up being worth wile, I'm just gonna register my friends games and not tell them about it ^_-
    I already want the Animal Crossing themed deck of cards as well as the DS case with stylus. When the website becomes a bit more reliable, I will be registering everything and anything, including my boyfriend's stuff.
  • I'm going to have a bazillion coins as soon as I can actually get logged into this thing.
  • edited December 2008
    This whole process has been incredibly annoying for me. I would usually throw away the sheets that had the registration pin on it because I didn't think I would ever need it, so I could only register a handful of games. What annoyed me even more, though, is that some of the games that I did have the sheet for wouldn't give me any coins for registering and they were all 1st party Nintendo games! They said that you would get 10 coins for games and channels that you downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel, but I didn't get any coins for any of the things I downloaded because they aren't Club Nintendo supported games. Frustration level rising! Frustration level rising! A good think for my blood pressure, though, is that all games for the DS and the Wii released during or after the month of November will have Club Nintendo support, so maybe I will be able to get some coins for Chrono Trigger DS and go for either the Hanafuda set or the Game & Watch Collection.

It's really stupid that they won't let you just register the bar code on the back of the box, or at least put the code in the instruction manuals instead of on a separate sheet.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • It's really stupid that they won't let you just register the bar code on the back of the box, or at least put the code in the instruction manuals instead of on a separate sheet.
    You have noone to blame but yourself. I have registered every Nintendo product I ever bought ever since the registration thing started. I would occasionally get goodies, but not too often. Mostly I was able to get the special Zelda discs for the GameCube, which were totally worth it. Now I'm going to reap the rewards big time. However, I'm going to save my coins. I don't foresee me buying that many more Nintendo games in the near future, so I want to only use the coins for really good prizes. Mostly I'm waiting for some Wii SNES controllers, like Japan got.
  • * Indicate your intent to buy a game and you'll earn 10 extra Coins after you buy it, register it and complete the survey.
    I've just realized that you might be able to exploit this for items you have already purchase, but have not yet registered.

I'll have to test out and see if this work.
  • edited December 2008
    I've just realized that you might be able to exploit this for items you have already purchase, but have not yet registered.

I'll have to test out and see if this work.
    They don't have anything out in that section yet. Besides, when they do it will most likely only be for upcoming releases.
  • They don't have anything out in that section yet.
    Yeah, I noticed that. Perhaps down the road they will?

Right now it's pretty much impossible to do anything on there. I'll just go do other things and wait.
  • Yeah, I noticed that. Perhaps down the road they will?
    I doubt it will be up until next year, Nintendo doesn't really have any games coming out until February or March. It will probably launch then.
  • It's really stupid that they won't let you just register the bar code on the back of the box, or at least put the code in the instruction manuals instead of on a separate sheet.
    You have noone to blame but yourself. I have registered every Nintendo product I ever bought ever since the registration thing started. I would occasionally get goodies, but not too often. Mostly I was able to get the special Zelda discs for the GameCube, which were totally worth it. Now I'm going to reap the rewards big time. However, I'm going to save my coins. I don't foresee me buying that many more Nintendo games in the near future, so I want to only use the coins for really good prizes. Mostly I'm waiting for some Wii SNES controllers, like Japan got.
    Those hanafuda cards look pretty tempting...
  • I already have enough Nintendo garbage.
  • I already have enough Nintendo garbage.
    Yeah, I'm not getting any prizes that don't actually do something. The cards are cool, but they're really just a waste of space. I'll save my points for games, controllers, etc. Not just another piece of trash with Mario's face on it.
  • I'm looking at the G+W collection with a lecherous eye...
  • I'm looking at the G+W collection with a lecherous eye...
    While it's cool, I think I'm going to hold out on it. It's just Game + Watch games. Are they really worth it? You can just get Game + Watch Gallery series for GBC. With so limited a number of points, I have to wait for something huge to go after it. Also, you never know when they'll put some ridiculous prize in there that's a bazillion points.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm looking at the G+W collection with a lecherous eye...
    While it's cool, I think I'm going to hold out on it. It's just Game + Watch games. Are they really worth it? You can just get Game + Watch Gallery series for GBC. With so limited a number of points, I have to wait for something huge to go after it. Also, you never know when they'll put some ridiculous prize in there that's a bazillion points.
    This is true. However, there's something to be said for not having to carry around a GBC and a bunch of cartridges.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • As opposed to carrying around an NDS and a bunch of cartridges?
  • My friend has the Japanese version of the G+W game (some vendor at a collection had one of the Japanese Club Nintendo ones) and it's really nothing spectacular. Certainly not worth the price tag they put on it.
    Or an NDS with a single flashcard and Lameboy?
    DS games are smaller. And I was referring solely to the G+W Gallery.
  • I was looking forward to getting free crap, but there seems to be a serious problem when it comes to signing up for an account when you already have one in the past. See, I forgot my username. I thought that if I asked for one of those "I forgot my password" e-mails, it'd also include my username, but that wasn't the case. So I tried to register for a new account, but I can't do that since it has my address and name on file and I'm only allowed one account, and I can't really put in a different address since then I wouldn't get the free stuff. So I guess I'm just going to not use this at all.
  • Put in a different first name.
  • edited July 2009
    For those of you who reached Platinum or Gold status before the reset, the prizes were announced. I kind of want Doc Louis's Punch Out!!, but that Mario hat is pretty awesome.
    EDIT: Wow, a lot of people are getting pissed off about one of the Platinum prizes being some downloadable content.

On another note, good job Nintendo. One of your biggest prizes for the North American Club Nintendo, the DS Game + Watch Collection, is going to be coming to the DSi store. Way to go.
  • EDIT: Wow, a lot of people are getting pissed off about one of the Platinum prizes being some downloadable content.
    I picked that downloadable content as my prize, because I really have no need for a Mario Hat. However, it is kind of shitty. Sure, at least we have Club Nintendo now, so it's an improvement you can't complain about. But, our Club is still not the same as Japan's club.

Companies need to realize that this is a global society now. You can't discriminate geographically and expect people not to get pissed. If Japanese people get Super Famicom controllers that work with the Wii, then you can't appease us with a downloadable mini-game. In the olden days, we wouldn't even know about that controller. Now, we know everything. There are no secrets.
  • I think the Mario Hat is awesome, so I picked it over DLC. I dunno.
    You'll get it. You'll go oh wow! Maybe you'll wear it to a con once and look stupid next to all the other people who got the same exact hat. Then it will sit on a shelf doing nothing. I've gotten lots of similar stuff from Nintendo over the years, like a plastic hand, multiple fancy DS styli, etc. Just more junk piling up. At least the DLC will provided a few minutes of humorous entertainment.
    You'll get it. You'll go oh wow! Maybe you'll wear it to a con once and look stupid next to all the other people who got the same exact hat. Then it will sit on a shelf doing nothing. I've gotten lots of similar stuff from Nintendo over the years, like a plastic hand, multiple fancy DS styli, etc. Just more junk piling up. At least the DLC will provided a few minutes of humorous entertainment.
    I'll probably wear it at least two cons before throwing it on a shelf. Wearing it at a con will provide more then a few minutes of entertainment anyways, so by your definition, it beats out the DLC which will probably only give you like, 5 minutes of fun, and will just be further incentive for me to buy Punch-Out!!, which me and my brother were gonna do after Otakon.
    And I won't care if I see everyone else wearing the hat anywhere. Seeing as how the first con I go to won't be for many, many months until after I get it, I highly doubt most people will remember the hat at the con I go to anyways, so I probably won't see too many people wearing it anyways.
  • You'll get it. You'll go oh wow! Maybe you'll wear it to a con once and look stupid next to all the other people who got the same exact hat. Then it will sit on a shelf doing nothing. I've gotten lots of similar stuff from Nintendo over the years, like a plastic hand, multiple fancy DS styli, etc. Just more junk piling up. At least the DLC will provided a few minutes of humorous entertainment.
    Even if you barely use it, if you wear it at conventions, it will be like social currency. It will be interesting to see how many people at PAX will have it.

As for myself, I forget what my status is so I don't know what I will get. However, a Mario hat will go nicely to the back of my car with my Yoshi plushie.

BTW, I really dislike how you can only register only one game even if you purchased it twice and have 2 redemption codes. My boyfriend and I both purchased Starfy and I could only redeem one code. Bah.