This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Club Nintendo

Comments

• BTW, I really dislike how you can only register only one game even if you purchased it twice and have 2 redemption codes. My boyfriend and I both purchased Starfy and I could only redeem one code. Bah.
    Get two accounts.
  • Get two accounts.
    I don't think one game would really justify having another account. I'll probably just give it away.
  • Get two accounts.
    I don't think one game would really justify having another account. I'll probably just give it away.
    No, not one duplicate game. However, depending on how many games you buy each, it may be worth it to have separate accounts. Someone who has 1000 games in there gets the same prizes as someone with 100 games. Platinum is platinum. So if you have enough, splitting between two accounts gets twice as many goodies, even if you don't have duplicates.
  • No, not one duplicate game. However, depending on how many games you buy each, it may be worth it to have separate accounts. Someone who has 1000 games in there gets the same prizes as someone with 100 games. Platinum is platinum. So if you have enough, splitting between two accounts gets twice as many goodies, even if you don't have duplicates.
    This is not the case with us, since I've already redeemed his codes and he is not interested, so I will be giving out the code.

I honestly haven't been on the site and haven't redeemed anything, yet. I wonder how fast they are at mailing the prizes to people.
  • No, not one duplicate game. However, depending on how many games you buy each, it may be worth it to have separate accounts. Someone who has 1000 games in there gets the same prizes as someone with 100 games. Platinum is platinum. So if you have enough, splitting between two accounts gets twice as many goodies, even if you don't have duplicates.
    This is not the case with us, since I've already redeemed his codes and he is not interested, so I will be giving out the code.

I honestly haven't been on the site and haven't redeemed anything, yet. I wonder how fast they are at mailing the prizes to people.
    It took about a month, if I recall to the DS Lite carrying case I redeemed a while back. Maybe a little less than a month, but several weeks, at least.
  • If Nintendo is still going to be around in the future, I wonder how much will that hat be worth? It's no Nintendo World Championship gold cart, that's for sure. But usually "firsts" are worth something. I might have it be worn by Scout Piplup at one or two cons.

I thought about the Punch-Out! prize, but it sounded like a cheap way out for them. It sounded more like a GOLD prize than a Platinum Prize.
  • There are new rewards now. They're cute, however I still don't know if I want them. I have my eye on the Mario & Friends folder/bookmark set, however that set of Zelda posters is pretty hot.

I also find it amusing that all the games and software I didn't do a survey on yet, will get me to platinum status by the end of the Club Nintendo year.
  • however thatset of Zelda postersis pretty hot.
    I got the Zelda poster set and they are pretty hot I just have to find a place to put them up.
  • set of Zelda postersis pretty hot.
    I ordered mine earlier this week, but yeah. I am not impressed by those new prizes, I think I am going to save up and get the game rack.
  • edited March 2010
    Tidying my desk I found a 500pt code for my DS which I'm never going to use. Anyone want it?
    It's for the European "NintendoVIP.com" but it might work with the Club Nintendo stuff.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Code's gone to Yupa.
  • Code didn't work, looks like it's Europe only.
  • So the year is over again. I don't think I bought a lot of games that are redeemable for Club Nintendo points, however I did do a few surveys and was still a Platinum member.

This year's rewards for Platinum & Gold Members

So, I'll get a cute figurine and the others will get a calendar. Kinda lame there is only one choice, however I'm not complaining too much. I like collecting knick knacks like this.
  • I used to register my Nintendo stuff but was really turned off by the lack of free stuff as compared to Japan. I only found out last month that they upped their game in mid-2008, so I went in and promptly registered 800 points, qualified as elite, and picked up the first Game & Watch compilation. I like Scott's strategy of holding out for some yet-to-be-seen awesomeness like the stuff they are offering Japan, but I'm of the "use it or lose it" mindset right now. For all I know, that Game & Watch game will be retired soon and replaced with something even lamer. I have another 200-something points worth of codes I held back for 2010-2011 so that I can get a headstart on qualifying for gold again. Seriously doubt I'll buy enough new stuff to get platinum twice.

As much as I don't any more need knick knacks I gotta admit that figurine looks really awesome. I was curious about the size so I looked it up: 3.9 inches high, with a 4.9 inch diameter.
  • Dangit...Of course, the year when the Platinum reward is actually good, I don't manage to get it. *Sigh.*
    Oh well.
  • I have already ordered my figure.
  • Why hello Club Nintendo stuff. So good to come back from vacation and see you in the mail.

• Love that bag.
  • WOW. Wrong thread entirely. Brain glitch.
  • In response to Steve's post:
    My Nintendo club reward came in but... I ordered the buttons and got the calendar? ??
    I got the buttons and totally forgot all about them.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with it. I would rather be able to get something else. I was not happy with the Platinum rewards this year. I think I may try to sell them or give them as a prize or something.
  • Even the top level rewards in the US are shit compared to the Japanese rewards. Remember whey they got the Super Famicom Wii controllers? Yeah.
  • I liked the past 2 rewards: the Mario Hat and that PVC display model of Mario and the gang, but buttons? Meh. Buttons are cool, but wearing them weighs you down and is all clunky and clacky.

I would like Super Famicon Wii controllers. Bastages.
  • I too got the calendar, mine came in yesterday. It's got a few pages of nice art, but, meh.
  • Yeah, I got the PVC figure last year.
  • The platinum level is just button this year? Wow, I really did pick the right time to register last year. I had saved up all of my reg cards to do them in one shot and hit platinum. Got me the PVC figure last year and that thing looks awesome on my bookshelf. Probably another 2 years before I've saved up enough to hit platinum again anyway.
  • edited February 2012
    I got a Boo notebook from club Nintendo!
    Pics or it didn't happen!

I recently got the red pen case. It is high quality, although I wish it was a bit larger.

I apparently missed out on the 3DS/DS 18 game holder case!. I'll have to keep my eye out for that one when it becomes available again.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I searched for this thread with the Googles, and it didn't show up! Also, pic, with a pony Valentine I got in the mail today.

Also, why are official pony valentines using fan art?
  • edited February 2012
    I've just been getting the 3DS games. I have enough coins that I earned the Platinum reward come July, though. The games have slowly been getting shittier, though...

EDIT: Also, it seems like more and more third-party games are going in on the Club Nintendo thing. Sonic Generations and Tales of the Abyss are both on the list.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I have the DS pouch and the Blooper fan, and there's basically nothing else I want, so this time I'm saving for the Hanafuda cards.
  • edited July 2012

Take yr pick
    Post edited by Sail on