This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Club Nintendo

Comments

• Oh Club Nintendo... Yet another case of giving us only half of what we want. Where is my Wireless Wii compatible Super Famicom controller?
  • How is this even half of what we want?
  • One more thing.

Hello Metroid 2 on DS piracy card. How are you?
  • It's also like three bucks on the eShop. Why would you waste your Gold status on any of the games? The most expensive one is like 10 bucks, tops.

I'm probably going to get the playing cards. I don't need a calendar, the posters are kinda lame, and the games are all easy to get or meh.
  • edited July 2012
    Apparently the posters are that cool kind where parts of it are matte and parts are glossy. Considering it just for the Kid Icarus one. Also, the cards are plastic and partially transparent.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I think that Skyward Sword poster is pretty damn awesome looking, and hell to the yes to the Kid Icarus one.
  • edited July 2012
    Yeah, I really don't care about that Kid Icarus poster. It would be cooler if it was Animal Crossing or Yoshi. I may just get the poster because I really don't need playing cards or anything else there.

I didn't see the dimensions in the description. Hmm...
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Apparently I was 40 points from Gold. Thank you Gmail for sending the email from Nintendo into my spam folder...
  • I'll have to check my Skyward Sword poster. They gave out a limited numbered poster at the Nintendo World Store during the game launch and it looks similar in my memory. That poster didn't have the gloss/matte thing if I recall. It was all matte with a linen finish texture, printed on heavy cardstock.
  • In 4-10 days my gold nunchuk will arrive. Why the white cord???
  • I didn't even bother with putting in my Nintendo rewards this time around. I haven't done the codes since the year they had the Mario character statue. I really am dreading the amount of time it takes to punch in all that crap and do the surveys, but I think I probably have almost enough to get the second Game & Watch Collection for DS, and I want to grab that before it goes away. Already got the first, and figure they'll be collector's items later in life.
  • Why does Nintendo just open an official merchandise store online?

Ĺook at all the Pokeworld shit that ends up online.

Nintendo are incredibly frustrating.
  • Dazzle369 said:

Why does Nintendo just open an official merchandise store online?

Ĺook at all the Pokeworld shit that ends up online.

Nintendo are incredibly frustrating.

Japan
  • They've started to sell more and more stuff from NoA's online shop, which was built solely to handle refurb items. This is frustrating only b/c the shop is piss poor by website standards, as it wasn't intended to be a big customer destination, I imagine.

Club Nintendo has been shit ever since Nintendo had their first profit scare. I have about 1500 coins, and a few recent purchases I was holding off registering so that they could help me qualify for Platinum during the 2015-2016 season. Oh well, guess I am registering all of that shit now.

The crazy part about the downfall of their physical rewards is that everyone started building up these huge coin balances w/ nothing tempting to buy. When they would put something new up, like that cool Luigi's Mansion statue for a gajillion coins, shit sold out almost instantly.

I've gotten some cool shit off of Club Nintendo over the years. For a while it was the way for us to get the cool shit that only Japan got. Sad to see it go, but it's for the best if it gets replaces with something even half as good as it used to be. Over the years, I got the Game & Watch Collection exclusives on DS, and the re-release of the the original Game & Watch, Ball. That thing cost a thousand coins but I never expected to get an actual Game & Watch from those rewards. The year that Platinum gave a big Mario character statue was pretty cool too.
  • I have that Mario statue. Platinum has been shit ever since. Last year I got screwed because the platinum claim window was only open for two weeks. By the time I found the platinum reward email the claim window had already closed.
  • Two years after, when they did the Majora's Mask CD, I actually got Platinum again, only to have the CD ship to an old house I no longer lived in.

I didn't even care enough about it to track it down.
  • Daikun said:
    Just when I finally got around to connecting that to my Nintendo Network ID.
  • Ah that sucks I liked Club Nintendo, had some great giveaways. I never got any of the physical merch but getting free virtual console titles on occasion was great.
  • Club Nintendo had great giveaways... in Japan. I still want one of these bad boys.

http://www.amazon.com/Club-Nintendo-Super-Famicom-Classic-Controller/dp/B004TL1K0A

• Muhfuqn bullshit. Look at the price! Might as well make your own.
  • aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh alright fuck these greeting cards I want that.
  • By the way they have original Zelda for 3DS right now. Gonna grab that.
  • They just added a ton of downloadable games for everyone to use up their points on.
  • Not to the Australian store, which has the same tat as always, just at somewhat of a discount. Which brings all four of the best things down into the 2-3 thousand star range, instead of 3-4.
  • Whoops, forgot we had a Club Nintendo thread (was posting elsewhere).

Don't forget you can also get coins for many of the games you are getting for free, with your coins. I grabbed Harmoknight yesterday and it immediately triggered a 20 coin survey (and likely will be a 10-coiner post-play coming soon). So that rounded me off at 700 coins. I went ahead and grabbed the third Mario vs DK games (the DSiWare one that is the highest rated of the series). Bonus for that game is that it is a ridiculously small download, if you happen to have a near-full SD card.
  • If only the site would stay up long enough for me to enter my codes.
  • I think I just got screwed out of a code. It logged me out in the begining of registering a code.
  • I finally got in and it immediately logged me out because of the traffic. Guess I'll just keep waiting for people to get their dumb shit.