This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Club Nintendo

124»

Comments

• I never thought I'd say this, but: hidden benefit of waking up for work at 5AM
  • Yup, I got dicked out of a game registration because I was logged in when I was inputing the code but it logged me out before I hit submit so... yeah... That game now counts as registered to someone else.
  • I had that happen to me too but it shows on my registered products, just not on my To-Do list for surveys or registration.
  • It was the first one I had registered in a while. I didn't realize I wasn't logged in until it suddenly asked me to register a new account.
  • edited February 2015
    I thought they stopped the registration stuff already. I thought it was supposed to be whatever coins you have by the 31st or whatever the end was is all the coins you will have until end of June close out.

BTW things seemed to have slowed down enough that you can actually access the site now.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I held of on registering stuff to be sure I had enough points to make gold.
  • Nah man, people are still getting coins for the games they got using coins.
  • Ah still going until March 31st. I thought it was the end of January or something.
  • Codes for Wii games expire? I had held of on inputting some codes from older Wii games to maximize my platinum rewards and... they expired. I found a few more games around the house that had not been registered and I am now 290 away from platinum.
  • Yeah, you gotta buy a game and put the code in right away.
  • edited February 2015
    Yet my unused code from Pokemon Soul Silver worked just fine?

Soul Silver - 2009 - code valid
    Kirby's Epic Yarn - 2010 - code expired
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • I actually had no idea that they expired. I bought a $1 copy of Nintendogs at a thrift store last fall and the damn thing actually had an unused, valid Club Nintendo code in it.
  • I rounded up all the games I had codes for and just started entering them. Some that I was sure I had registered ended up being valid. Went from zero to 570 in two days. Then I made the mistake of looking through my "to do history" and saw just how many coins I left on the table by never doing follow up surveys.
  • edited February 2015
    The problem is that not only do the codes expire but so do coins after a couple years, which makes putting them in immediately an issue too.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • How many coins do you get for the download reward games? Thinking about using coins for Earthbound.
  • I got 20 coins for Harmoknight, which was a 300 coin redemption. I imagine I will get more soon on a post play survey, probably 5 or 10.
  • I ended up having over 900 coins worth of unredeemed codes. And about 12 codes that had expired.
  • Well shit. I installed Paper Mario and realized that it requires a classic controller to play (or gamecube controller). I don't have a shit classic controller because I barely have any regular Wii stuff. I have Gamecube controllers but they don't register in the same way (presumably because it's USB instead of hard wired). So to play Paper Mario I need to buy a classic controller. I'll probably just chalk it up as a loss because as much as I want to play Paper Mario I probably won't invest that much time with it and I don't really want to buy a $20 controller to just play Paper Mario. I guess if I really want to play it I could break out my modded Wii which I'm pretty sure I put Paper Mario on there and play it with a GC controller. But I thought it would be easier to just play it from the Wii U.
  • Haven't looked into it, but it would be AWESOME if buying the Animal Crossing Amiibo Card Packs would be considered part of the new club system. Holy hell that would be awesome. Don't know how they would figure it out, but it would be awesome.
  • The focus of the new club system will be mostly on receiving digital rewards, but they were careful to mention that physical rewards will still be present from time to time.

The interesting part is that since it will be one account linked between Wii U, 3DS, and mobile, you will also earn My Nintendo points just for playing games. This is a mobile user engagement strategy, 100%.