This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Years Resolutions

124»

Comments

• That thing scared me to death as a kid.
    You think it scared you to death? Try living with the knowledge that the place is literally based upon somewhere that is a scant 30 minute drive from your house.

(Though, the place from which they took the name is a few hundred kilometers south, closer to Newcastle than the Gold Coast Hinterlands.)

• Learn how to use any machining tool I can get reasonable access to. Also, slowly upgrade my dorm with awesome (and possibly useless) DIY projects. Just in time for me to never be there again.
  • Jeremy and I are planning to do something similar to the 52 resolutions, but instead it's 26. We have a list of 26 different countries. Every two weeks, we randomly select a country and will either dine out or try to make some sort of dish that's known from that country.

If it's a country, we have more than likely already have had like Japan, Italy, or the Philippines, we will try something we've never had from them.

I think it will be a fun endeavor. I like discovering new foreign dishes.
  • I suggest Ethiopian food. It's tasty, and I love how they give you handbread to eat with.
  • edited December 2012
    I suggest Ethiopian food. It's tasty, and I love how they give you handbread to eat with.
    The only think Washington DC has over NYC is that you can't throw a stone without hitting two or three Ethiopian restaurants. I still haven't randomly stumbled on one here, though I'm sure a few exist.

P.S. Man I want some Kitfo right now.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • There's two places in Brooklyn I would recommend, but I only know them by location, not address or name. They're both on Court south of Atlantic in the Boerum Hill/Carrol Gardens/Cobble Hill kind of area.

Kitfo was the name of my WoW Druid. :D
  • Trying to resolve whether to go to friends thing that could turn into a blizzard pajama party or stay home where it's warm, safe, and quiet.
  • Blizzard pajama party, if only because it's a great name for a video-game-pop band.
  • Trying to resolve whether to go to friends thing that could turn into a blizzard pajama party or stay home where it's warm, safe, and quiet.
    Blizzard pajama party, because warm, safe, and loud is better.
  • Went to thing. Was bored. Went home right after toast. Now to warm up and sleep the nightmare sleep.
  • I sat out on my back deck with a rum and a cigar, had a bit of a think, said happy new year to the breakfast club and a few other friends, then went to bed.
  • Oh, and this year, I think I'll aim for learning at least 5 new songs on my guitar, reward myself if I double it, and write something about every video game that I play, new or old.

• I drank a Mike's Lemonade at Midnight...And played Xcom. Good 2013 start.
  • I sat in my car with a friend and talked about Pokemon till the shooting stopped.
  • I have resolved to try and make the majority of my food from scratch. Yup, if I want fries I will cut up some taters and fry them up. Pizza? Break out the flour and yeast and make some dough.

Going to try and get a greenhouse going too.