This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited March 2012
    Oooh, fancy.

In somewhat less high-brow news, my shoulder holster arrived. Now I can show these airsoft punks how it's done.

EDIT: Somewhat crappy pictures
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • @Yoshokatana - Dapper, quite dapper my fellow man!
  • Went onto a friends radio show to fill in for him and have now been offered my own slot talking about anime and manga. Pretty sweet.
  • Caravan Palace is now* a recognized artist by Pandora! New Pandora station! ^_^

*Not sure when this actually happened, but I remember trying a long while ago when Kate first linked on of their songs and it not coming up.
  • Caravan Palace is now* a recognized artist by Pandora! New Pandora station! ^_^

*Not sure when this actually happened, but I remember trying a long while ago when Kate first linked on of their songs and it not coming up.
    Some of their stuff was in there before, but it was way spotty.

I'm seeking every band in this "genre."

Some of their stuff was in there before, but it was way spotty.

I'm seeking every band in this "genre."
    See, last time I tried this Pandora had never heard of Caravan Palace so I was stuck.
  • Most of their stuff is in Spotify, however. ;^)
  • I just found Muse - Knights of Cydonia. This song is epic, I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to make my sound go louder.
  • Live is awesome:

You know it's a rocking tune when the entire audience is singing along with guitar part, even when there are no words.
  • blah blah blah awesome blah
    Yes. This is quite possibly the most awesome thing of my day.

• edited March 2012
    Last week I purchased my first brand new car
    From 2012-02-26
    That thing probably outperforms my Mustang-that-isn't.

EDIT: Why on earth did it quote twice? Dammit Chrome!
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • "Mustang-that-isn't"?
  • "Mustang-that-isn't"?
    There were several model years, IIRC, where the specs of the Mustang were definitely not up to the usual snuff (this knowledge comes from my grandfather being a huge Ford fanatic and owning a Cobra; it may be flawed). Also, he may need a rebuild, a trans overhaul, or something similar. Every Ford I've driven and every Ford I know the owner of tends to behave quite nicely when everything is in order but go to absolute shit when something is a tiny bit out of whack. Hence, "Fix Or Repair Daily."
  • edited March 2012
    Hence, "Fix Or Repair Daily."
    Or Found On Road Dead. Fucker only Rolls Downhill. Found on Rubbish Dump. Full of Rusty Dents. Fish Out of River Daily. Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven. Fabrication Ordinare Reparation Dispendieuse. Flip Over Read Directions. Flies Off Road Deliberately. Fucked on Race Day. Forget Out-Running Datsuns. Failure Of Research & Development. Factory Ordered Road Disaster. Flipped Over Russian Dunebuggy. Fat Old Rusted Dog. First On Rust and Deterioration. Forgot Our Recommended Defaults. Fabricated Of Refried Dung. Fails On Rainy Days. Fireball On Rear Denting. Foot On Road Decelerates. Forlorn Old Ratridden Dustbin. Formed Of Rejected DNA. Frequent Opinion: Really Disappointed. Fucked Over Roadside Derelict. Fucking Out-Right Dangerous.

And if you look at it backwards? Driver Returns on Foot.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Recent boo yahs:

- Postered up my room.
    - Got accepted to a six-week summer school in Germany. Awesome.
    - Quit my increasingly shitty job. Looking for less shitty job and enjoying the free time in the meanwhile.
    - Lost twenty pounds. Here's to another twenty to come.
  • ProTip: Everyone in Germany speaks English. The only people I needed to speak to in German when I was there was one particularly stubborn train official and one waitress who I think was also in a bad mood.
  • edited March 2012
    So, The Legend of Zelda Symphony of The Goddesses is coming to Northern Virginia.
    It is going to be awesome!
    So right now this is the music in my head:
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • ProTip: Everyone in Germany speaks English. The only people I needed to speak to in German when I was there was one particularly stubborn train official and one waitress who I think was also in a bad mood.
    Good to know. I'll be pretty much forced to speak German for classes and excursions (it's one of those programs), but that's good to know for when I go out by myself.
  • Went to gun show today with my dad.
    Got to hold my favorite rifle, the Barret M82A1 (It's HEAVY!)
    Bought a cool looking spring powered Airsoft pistol for $4.
    Had delicious beef jerky.
    Tomorrow, I might be going to a Sci-Fi/Comic Convention/Brony Meetup.

^_^
  • Went to gun show today with my dad.
    Got to hold my favorite rifle, the Barret M82A1 (It's HEAVY!)
    Bought a cool looking spring powered Airsoft pistol for $4.
    Had delicious beef jerky.
    Tomorrow, I might be going to a Sci-Fi/Comic Convention/Brony Meetup.

^_^
    Have you ever shot one of those?
  • edited March 2012
    No, and if I did, it would probably break my arm or shoulder. Regrettably, I am not as skilled in Gun-Fu as my digital counterpart.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • The rifle weighing 30 pounds goes a long way to making the recoil manageable.
  • While you may come away with a bruise it is highly unlikely more than that would happen unless you handled it completely wrong.
  • Pah, you'd be fine.
  • Faith in humanity reaffirmed!

Slightly related: next weekend, I'll be taking 20+ people who know no better (with maybe a little prep) to a live showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show.
  • The rifle weighing 30 pounds goes a long way to making the recoil manageable.
    30 pounds? Okay, so I'm stronger than I thought. I thought it was about 15-20lbs...
    Pah, you'd be fine.
    Thumbs up from Churbs... Good enough for me.

• edited March 2012
    Hey, if you're shooting properly - not hard, we know this - then the worst you'll get is a little bit of a bruise maybe, and what is a bruise compared to shooting your favorite rifle? Hell, I'll take a bruise to shoot rifles I'm only lukewarm on.
    Post edited by Churba on