This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• Victor, your first story adorble and awesome. Your second story sounds like it was ripped straight out of the Vorkosigan Saga. My eyes shine bright in the glory of your Boo yah.
  • edited February 2013
    I'd like to think I can attribute the guile needed to successfully pull off that second one to hanging around this forum. I am not the boy I was when I first came here those six years ago.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Fixed a fridge that woke us up at 6 in the morning.
  • edited February 2013
    Fixed a fridge that woke us up at 6 in the morning.
    ...after bringing all of your food here and then falling on our couch. ^_~
  • edited February 2013
    How's the paper going? [I'm still here.]
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited February 2013
    How's the paper going? [I'm still here.]
    Mental break and ffffffuck I've got to get back to work.
  • Made my first mobile suit last night for mobile frame zero. Those fuckers are harder than they let on.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2013
    Just submitted an application to do a Summer Course for Filmmaking at Yale University where I'll be able to collaborate and network with students and make my own stuff with a crew.
    I am super excited and I await with eager anticipation as to what the outcome will be!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Just wrote about 57 pages across two final projects in the last 24 hours, both projects officially submitted. Holy hell it feels good to be done with the quarter!

Only a few finals I'm not worried about left...
  • In Hawaii for the first time in three years. I forgot how much I love this place. Feels like Ember Island without the emo bullshit.
  • edited February 2013
    In Hawaii for the first time in three years. I forgot how much I love this place. Feels like Ember Island without the emo bullshit.
    Or the lousy theater troupe.
  • edited February 2013
    My physiology professor (who's a sort of larger-than-life mentor figure) is going to teach me woodworking and joinery in his home shop. He's even letting me design the project (building an apothecary chest), and he's going to teach me to handcut dovetails.

Also, I might be a luthier next year and this just really upped my chances.

WAY TOO SELF-ACTUALIZED TO LIVE.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Starting in August, I will be working for the Walt Disney Company as part if the Disney College Program. I am literally crying right now from the amount of happiness in my body.
  • Dude! In Burbank?!
  • Congrats! Super pumped for you!
  • Advisor purchased super awesome new computers + monitors for the lab.

Also, just got awarded a research grant by the faculty for my research proposal! Funding get!
  • edited February 2013
    Not a Boo-Yah of mine, but...

My best friend just got accepted into the evolutionary biology Ph. D program at Tufts.
    Also, a paper she wrote based on her senior thesis is being published in Animal Behaviour as a featured article for their March 2013 issue.

I wish I was as awesome as she is.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Starting in August, I will be working for the Walt Disney Company as part if the Disney College Program. I am literally crying right now from the amount of happiness in my body.
    Kickass! Do you know where yet?
  • edited February 2013
    Starting in August, I will be working for the Walt Disney Company as part if the Disney College Program. I am literally crying right now from the amount of happiness in my body.
    I'm going to be at WDW, but I don't know where specifically yet.

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2013
    Starting in August, I will be working for the Walt Disney Company as part if the Disney College Program. I am literally crying right now from the amount of happiness in my body.

WOO-HOO!!!! YEAH RYAN!!!

If you ever somehow find your way to California, look me up, and maybe we can hang out. I'll be over there come 2014.

Post edited by Geo on
  • edited February 2013
    I think I've heard there's like a really nice housing unit there for the college program students?
    Post edited by Sail on
    I think I've heard there's like a really nice housing unit there for the college program students?
    Yup yup. I'm pretty stoked to live at Vista Way. I've heard some stories.
    Yup yup. I'm pretty stoked to live at Vista Way. I've heard some stories.
    If I'm still in Orlando come August (hopefully not cause JET), let me know when you're coming to town.
  • What exactly are you going to be doing at teh disneys?
  • What exactly are you going to be doing at teh disneys?
    I'm going to be working in the parks serving food and soda, but this is a necessary step for me to get into the Disney professional internship. The whole program is meant to be a resume and networking opportunity.
  • Wait, they have a competitive application process so you can do menial labor in the theme park? That's a whole other level of brand exploitation there.
  • Umm, doesn't flipping burgers at an amusement park kinda suck compared to most other jobs?
  • edited February 2013
    Wait, they have a competitive application process so you can do menial labor in the theme park? That's a whole other level of brand exploitation there.
    Umm, doesn't flipping burgers at an amusement park kinda suck compared to most other jobs?
    Yes and yes, but there is more to the program. They have executives come in and give presentations, classes on building resumes, professionalism, interviewing (general stuff to getting a job), and it allows me to ultimately get my foot in the door towards getting a real job at Disney. The Disney Professional Internship is the ultimate goal (if they don't just offer me a job from doing the DCP, Disney likes to promote from within) which is where I would actually be using my marketing degree for something.

The job itself may suck, but I will be getting paid (which is more than can be said about most internships). It's a program that is meant to be done while you're in college, I just so happen to be doing it the semester after I graduate. I'll also be living on Disney property, so that's pretty cool.

Also, I get myself and friends/family into the parks for free plus discounts on food, merchandise, and hotels. So there's that.

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • So it's basically hazing for people that want to get into the big-boy Disney internship program. Good luck!

• Just got offered a co-op for Spring quarter! It's in walking/biking distance from my house!