This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• The show went over a half hour longer than it normally does because we had to pause for laughter so often. Yay!
    Should've planned for that. Looks like you blew it. Oops...wrong thread.
    Congratulations, that's awesome!
  • The play I am in opened last night.
    The show went over a half hour longer than it normally does because we had to pause for laughter so often. Yay!
    Ossom!
  • RymRym
    edited November 2009
    The show went over a half hour longer than it normally does because we had to pause for laughter so often.
    The Good News:
    "The show went over a half hour longer than it normally does because we had to pause for laughter so often."

The Bad News:
    "We performed The Diary of Anne Frank"
    Post edited by Rym on
  • The show went over a half hour longer than it normally does because we had to pause for laughter so often.
    The Good News:
    "The show went over a half hour longer than it normally does because we had to pause for laughter so often."

The Bad News:
    "We performed The Diary of Anne Frank"
    Rym, I am snorting up a storm at work and everyone is staring at me. Thanks man, you have no idea how much I needed a laugh!
  • Wow. Rym's comment made my morning.
  • edited November 2009
    The play I am in opened last night.
    The show went over a half hour longer than it normally does because we had to pause for laughter so often. Yay!
    Ossom!
    *whap* BedBad Pete, that spelling of Awesome is reserved for sarcasm and fail.

EDIT: oops, Freudian slip. ;)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • The play I am in opened last night.
    Ossom!
    *whap*BedBad Pete, that spelling of Awesome is reserved for sarcasm and fail.

EDIT: oops, Freudian slip. ;)
    Wait, I thought you've used it to indicate things that you find awesome, but you want to convey that in a goofy manner.

And watch out with the whapping. I like to escalate things. :)
  • edited November 2009
    Just did a fair amount of bass playing. I've pretty much perfect on the song below and now I'm working on getting the Maxwell Murder solo up to speed.

Both are fairly difficult. I suppose this constitutes a booh yah. Though, I'll really be excited when I can nail the Maxwell Murder solo in front of a crowd of people.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • EDIT: oops, Freudian slip. ;)
    Oh... I did one much, much worse yesterday and I'm going to leave it at that.
  • DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO, PETE! No really, the rule is that when written, it is sarcastic. You can pronounce "awesome" that way orally and still be okay, as long as you don't specify that it is "with an O." That's the rules that I've...just made up.

I guess I have to start watching my verbage now. XD
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    Even though it happened last night, I passed out from exhaustion before I could type it up. The second night of our show was 10x better than the original because we had everything down and were able to do better than before. We had about 3x as many people this time around (presumably because other audience members liked it so much that word-of-mouth ensued). But the best part is we went on our tradition of going to TGI Fridays every Friday night show. But this time a surprise was waiting for us, former, really cool members of the drama club were waiting for us and we had an amazing reunion. Imagine about 30+ people taking up 1/3 of the restaurant and talking all at once, that's what we had. I put on a few songs in the jukebox as well. Love Shack, Stairway to Heaven, and One More Time were just some of the songs I put on and we all sang along (save for Stairway as we respected it enough to be silent and just listen). Goddamn was that one of the most funnest nights I ever had. Tonight however is our last showing and the cast party is tonight, where will it be, we don't know but I bet it will be very enjoyable.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Just did a fair amount of bass playing. I've pretty much perfect on the song below and now I'm working on getting the Maxwell Murder solo up to speed.

Both are fairly difficult. I suppose this constitutes a booh yah. Though, I'll really be excited when I can nail the Maxwell Murder solo in front of a crowd of people.
    I remember when I finally got around to listening to that whole album. When that solo came on and I heard it , it took a moment for my brain to just process what I had just heard. I actually missed the road I was suppose to turn down because of it.

when you get it you should post a vid or something.
  • I just put Akira on my Zune
    With or without DRM?
    With or without DRM?
    I would first like to say I know about DRM but not as much in the relation to video

I'm pretty sure without. I didn't download it, I ripped it straight to WMV.

I'm just gonna say no.
  • edited November 2009
    I just put Akira on my Zune
    With or without DRM?
    If it was with DRM, it ought to have been in the Fail of your Boo-Yah thread.

EDIT: WMV :(
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
    With or without DRM?
    If it was with DRM, it ought to have been in the Fail of your Boo-Yah thread.

EDIT: WMV :(
    wmv works well for zune. I would think, I dunno.
  • Never download official videos from whatever Zune uses to get songs/videos because they reek of evil DRM.
  • Never download official videos from whatever Zune uses to get songs/videos because they reek of evil DRM.
    I'm just not gonna DL movies. I have a TV downstairs with on demand. I'm very much a fan of DVDs and even more CDs. I would say bluray but I haven't upgraded yet.
    I'm just not gonna DL movies. I have a TV downstairs with on demand. I'm very much a fan of DVDs and even more CDs. I would say bluray but I haven't upgraded yet.
    If you like CDs, why do you have a Zune? Also CDs are riddled with DRM all over the place.
  • edited November 2009
    Also CDs are riddled with DRM all over the place.
    Huh. You meant DVDs, right? All CDs are still easily rippable, despite any protection that has been put on them. DVDs, on the other hand, have a hard enough time even being played with all the junk they load them down with, forget ripping.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • If you like CDs, why do you have a Zune? Also CDs are riddled with DRM all over the place.
    I have a zune because I have a +300 count CD collection and like to beable to access any of it when Ever I want.

also it would be rediculously expensive to replace my collection if it got stolen again. the Zune was like $250. I still by music cause I like haveing that hard copy, liner notes, album credits, all of it.

also I have never had a problem with DRM on CDs... ever.
  • If you like CDs, why do you have a Zune? Also CDs are riddled with DRM all over the place.
    I have a zune because I have a +300 count CD collection and like to beable to access any of it when Ever I want.

also it would be rediculously expensive to replace my collection if it got stolen again. the Zune was like $250. I still by music cause I like haveing that hard copy, liner notes, album credits, all of it.

also I have never had a problem with DRM on CDs... ever.
    It might not have effected you yet, but you have to take into consideration what DRM is, what it's purpose is, and why it is a terrible thing. You can do what you want, but I for one will not pay money to keep an awful alive, and I think you should think about whether or not you want to allow such a thing to keep on existing.
  • edited November 2009
    It might not have effected you yet, but you have to take into consideration what DRM is, what it's purpose is, and why it is a terrible thing. You can do what you want, but I for one will not pay money to keep an awful alive, and I think you should think about whether or not you want to allow such a thing to keep on existing.
    DRM is evil, but CD DRM is ineffective and DVD DRM can be broken with some work. Don't criticize a man because he supports artists. If you're angry about DRM, optical media customers are not who you should be attacking. People who buy videos and music from online, digital-only stores are.

Do you buy any video games? Far and away, vidya has the worst DRM of all. Look at any big PC release from a mainstream company and dare to tell me otherwise.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2009
    It has effected me in the past but only on music I have downloaded, and it only affected me minimally(I couldn't load it into an editing program). I just don't see the big deal, and where DRM fits into CDs. I have never actually had ANY problem with DRM. and I'm not trying to argue or make any sort of big deal, I just honestly don't see your point. I legitimately would like to but I honestly just don't get it.
    Post edited by Scotty_Did on
  • By the way, both of you meant "affected" where you posted "effected".
  • By the way, both of you meant "affected" where you posted "effected".
    I'm sorry, I'm a great speller
  • edited November 2009
    effected
    what it's purpose is
    I for one will not pay money to keep an awful alive
    It has effected me in the past
    fit's
    legitimatly
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Party tonight at my place! Woo!
  • Party tonight at my place! Woo!
    Check your email and give me a call.