This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Party tonight at my place! Woo!
    I wish I were home right now as so I could attend.

EDIT: My bad. Everyone has to slip up sometimes.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited November 2009
    I wish I we're home
    Really? Really?
    EDIT: My bad. Everyone has to slip up sometimes.
    It's all good. Apostrophes can just irritate me if people don't use them correctly, and after the massive apostrofail up there, I'm a bit on edge.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Party tonight at my place! Woo!
    Oh mans, awesome!

I went to the Smithsonians today, which was pretty awesome. I even navigated Metro! I'm slowly learning this city.
  • I even navigated Metro!
    The DC Metro is really cool and well-managed. One of the better public transportation systems I've used (Boston's T is, for the record, a joke).
  • I even navigated Metro!
    The DC Metro is really cool and well-managed. One of the better public transportation systems I've used (Boston's T is, for the record, a joke).
    Hey, fuck you. The T is awesome. Green line doesn't count.
  • This is really sad, but I am 100% sure that if I ever went to DC I'd be thinking about Fallout 3 the entire time.
  • I'd be thinking about Fallout 3 the entire time.
    YES! Yes yes yes. Every time I ride the metro I'm worried about ghouls! I walk past places I've been to in Fallout 3 and get deja vu. It's so weird.
  • How accurate is Fallout 3?
  • Hey, fuck you. The T is awesome. Green line doesn't count.
    Dude, I grew up with the L. Any train system requiring me to pass through other trains to access platforms is automatically docked "awesome transit points" in my book.
  • There's a station like that in Berlin. It's so cool running through a train to another platform on the side!
  • How accurateisFallout 3?
    The map had landmarks and metro stations IIRC.
  • Installed XMBC. It's pretty much idiot-proof, and I have a plugin that lets me launch ROMs from an "Emulation Library" of sorts. My laptop also has the HDMI outs needed to let it act as a viable Media Center with my TV.

Combine that with my slowly-becoming-awesome customized Steam launcher (Spelunky, Runman, AND NS? Don't mind if I do), and this laptop will be the closest I've ever gotten to computing Nirvana after a Windows 7 upgrade.
  • Oh man, I really hope I get to see it Kate. I love a good play.
  • I’ve been dying to learn Python and now have the time (sort of) to do so. I also have a 5 month old so I’ll be staying after work and learning in the quiet conference room for 2 hours a day. Can’t wait to see all the applications I’ll be able to use it for. Too bad you can’t use Python to change diapers.
  • Too bad you canÂ’t use Python to change diapers.
    Says who?
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    I forgot to post this like two days ago and it regards my last night of the play. As was with the previous two nights (Friday and Saturday), many people loved it and were shocked high-schoolers could pull off Arthur Miller's The Crucible. Instead of having a cast party, we instead decided to go to a nice diner just down the street. Like at TGI Fridays, there were many people, but this time it was significantly more low-key than last time. The play is over and done with and I have nothing but pride and happiness because of how well we did. Before this began, I was a little unsure we could do this, but I was utterly shocked and amazed that we did it. I don't know what our next play will be, but I will have to wait and see.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I kicked the crap out of my AP Calculus AB Quarterly Exam. It will likely replace my currently rather low grade (77) with a higher one (hopefully somewhere in the 80's or 90's). Booh yah!
  • Fuck yeah, I'm awake at 4am again and ready to fight the day!
  • I have been accepted into the Disney College Program in the position of quick service food and beverage for next semester! I just need to decide whether or not I will actually go.
  • @Li_Akahi-w00t! Way to go!

In my news:
    Just spent time bonding and hanging out with my dad and having long, meaningful conversation. All in all, a fun night before a vacation day.
  • I'm eating the best salad ever made for me. It's a small boo yah, but you gotta enjoy the little things.
  • I'm eating the best salad ever made for me. It's a small boo yah, but you gotta enjoy the little things.
    That ain't small, salad is awesome!
  • edited November 2009
    I have been accepted into the Disney College Program in the position of quick service food and beverage for next semester! I just need to decide whether or not I will actually go.
    My brother worked in the Disney College program at Disney in Florida as a lifeguard. He continued working there after he graduated. He still lives in Orlando.

He very much enjoyed it. He was never a Disney nerd before that, but afterwards, he was into Disney in a major way. I think you should do it unless something really, really demonstrably better comes along, such as a summer internship at the CIA or something. You'd have to turn down Disney for the CIA.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • My brother worked in the Disney College program at Disney in Florida as a lifeguard. He continued working there after he graduated. He still lives in Orlando.
    Is this a good or a bad thing?
  • edited November 2009
    My brother worked in the Disney College program at Disney in Florida as a lifeguard. He continued working there after he graduated. He still lives in Orlando.
    Is this a good or a bad thing?
    He likes it. He always talks about how much fun he had at Disney.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • He likes it. He always talks about how much fun he had at Disney.
    I really want to do the program, as it will definitely help me with getting a job at Disney, but I don't know if it's going to be able to happen next semester. I would have to talk to an adviser before I decide.
  • edited November 2009
    I started to run again and I feel awesome, by the way there is nothing better than running on the rain! :D
    Post edited by Erwin on