This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Booh yah!

Comments

• I got accepted into my safety school! It's my first acceptance. :)
    It's good to know I have a safety in case everything else falls through.
  • I got accepted into my safety school! It's my first acceptance. :)
    It's good to know I have a safety in case everything else falls through.
    What's your safety? Where are you hoping to get in?
  • I have a couple safeties. I just got into Saint Xavier's University (Chicago).
    I also applied to University of Illinois at Chicago and Saint Louis University as safeties.

I'm hoping to go to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (#1 choice!) or the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor.
  • University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (#1 choice!)
    As it should be.
  • I decided to start a blog. I'm not entirely sure if I will be able to update often, but I thought it was worth a try even if it were just me talking to the air. I think I could use a critique on my first post, just to see if it's crap.
  • I decided to start a blog. I'm not entirely sure if I will be able to update often, but I thought it was worth a try even if it were just me talking to the air.I think I could use a critique on my first post, just to see if it's crap.
    When you're starting out with blogging, just concentrate on getting posts up. Worry about quality later.
  • I decided to start a blog. I'm not entirely sure if I will be able to update often, but I thought it was worth a try even if it were just me talking to the air.I think I could use a critique on my first post, just to see if it's crap.
    When you're starting out with blogging, just concentrate on getting posts up. Worry about quality later.
    This is %100 correct, and a great tip. I try to make a post a day, no matter what it is.
  • edited November 2009
    Star Wars in Concert.

EDIT: oh, and 470 miles on one tank of fuel and my fuel light isn't even on yet. Average of 32.5 miles per US gallon (3.8L) from a 3600 lb full size sedan.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • This might be a weak "Booh Yah!", but after 2 weeks I was able to get over that girl that I work with :D
  • Last night when I arrived back home, I found that my wife was upset that she misplaced a necklace. I looked around and, after a while, I found it. Boo- yah! That's like money in the bank, lads. Now I have a karmic reserve, so I can do some misbehavings this weekend.
  • Got my box of driving skill in the mail today. ^_^
  • I was able to do 55 push ups yesterday :D
  • Job interview on Monday! Looking like I'll get the job, and it won't be shitty!
  • After about 2 years and 10 years of crappy Dish Network cable and DSL (respectively), we finally got back Comcast Digital Cable and we have upgraded to broadband internet connectivity. Things couldn't be better for me and the internet.
  • Finished Cowboy Bebop.

I know, I know, what took me so long, blah blah. At least it's done with. And incredibly awesome. Gotta see the movie, though.
  • Gotta see the movie, though.
    Then you haven't finished Bebop, now have you? ~_^
  • Well, the movie doesn't expand on the show's main plot, it's just an entertaining side story. But I suppose 90% of the episodes are the same way, huh?
  • Well, the movie doesn't expand on the show's main plot, it's just an entertaining side story. But I suppose 90% of the episodes are the same way, huh?
    Exactly, it's just a long, but very enjoyable episode.
  • Last night I discovered that I've dropped 35 pounds from the start of college and my waist has dropped 4 inches. BOOH FUCKING YAH!
  • Okay, the movie has been watched. NOW I'm done with Cowboy Bebop. Still awesome.
  • TOP GEAR!!! ^_^
  • Both of the panels I ran with friends at the latest con went well, and we ran into the guy who does the mecha panel at Anime Boston, so we're probably going to be helping out with that, in addition to at least two panels.
  • TOP GEAR!!! ^_^
    Agreed. I just woke up, and my uTorrent is 28% of the way through getting the latest one.
  • I just had a rockin' weekend that ended with PANCAKES. I am happy as a clam.
  • I was an awesome gopher at Anime USA! Plus I got to wear an awesome vest!
  • I just had a rockin' weekend that ended with PANCAKES. I am happy as a clam.
    You make me want to make some crepes RIGHT NOW. Too bad it's 3am on a Monday morning.

Related Booyah: I finally learned how to make crepes. I was using way too much batter and butter.
  • edited November 2009
    Fairly minor boo-yah, but it is making my day, so I will share it.
    The Albany Civic Theatre's production of Five Women Wearing the Same Dress finished its well received run yesterday. The show was fun, vivid, and I will sincerely miss seeing the cast members on a regular basis. The ending was sweetened by having some of the crew out this weekend to see one of the final performances and by a stellar cast party complete with an impromptu fire dancing show.
    Also, the show was the second highest grossing show at that theatre in the past five years, so our success can help with the continued success of the theatre.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Related Booyah: I finally learned how to make crepes. I was using way too much batter and butter.
    Crepes are amazing. I love them with Nutella and strawberries. Mmmmmmmmmm.
  • edited November 2009
    Seven days at sea can get a bit tedious, but I'm getting so much work done. Today I've been updating my website for the first time since the summer. I wrote my own (very shoddy and basic) CMS using Taco HTML Edit and python scripts, and I've just modified it in a way that will save me loads of time in the future. Hopefully this means my website will be updated on a more regular basis.

EDIT FAIL INSERTION: Don't look for any thing new or interesting on my website, the upload seems to have failed.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • Got some awesome tofu at the lunch buffet today. I want to learn how to cook tofu, my diet could stand to have less fatty things in it. Anyone have any good recipes?