This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games you really wanted to be good

124»

Comments

• Anyone who does a repeat of the Water Temple should be executed as that was utter fucking torture.
    Everyone hates the water temple.
    Which Zelda we talking about ATM?
  • Not that I have played it but isn't it the original with a new control scheme. How can it be bad?
    The new control scheme is utterly broken. The newly added waggle removes shot placement and ultimately makes it random. If Nintendo had released the game after the MotionPlus add-on for the Wiimote, it would have been better. Charge shots are now automatic, which ends up breaking the game.
  • Black and White
  • Anyone who does a repeat of the Water Temple should be executed as that was utter fucking torture.
    Which Zelda we talking about ATM?
    OOT. And FYI, I did the water temple again in Master Quest. FUUUUUUUUUU!
  • edited March 2009
    What's wrong with the water temple? It gets a bit repetitive but, in my most recent run through, I did it without repeating anything. This said, that was pretty much my only game, along with Mario 64, for several years when I was a kid though.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Some shortcuts in Super Circuit are pretty cheap. Sky Garden comes to mind. Barely anyone does that cloud hopping trick, and you don't need any items to pull it off, but it gets you way ahead.
    It's easy, I do it every single lap.
    Same here. But the fact that none of the computers ever do it, even on the hardest difficulty, makes it a very cheap and easy shortcut.
    Probably one of my favorite things about Super Circuit was that when you "threw" a red shell behind you, it just stopped and waited for someone to pass, then it hit them. That was fucking amazing, albeit slightly broken due to how awesome it was.
  • What's wrong with the water temple? It gets a bit repetitive but, in my most recent run through, I did it without repeating anything. This said, that was pretty much my only game, along with Mario 64, for several years when I was a kid though.
    It's just more difficult than the others. It's pretty confusing though, but not too bad. I don't know how much harder it is in Master Quest. What really fucked me is the Sky Temple in Twilight Princess. I haven't play it in a while so I can't remember much other than that it was pretty similar in reaction to the Water temple: annoying.
    Shadow temple was always worse, IMO.
    Up until you got to the ship where you fought the Stalfos. Then it was smooth sailing (no pun intended) from then on. For me at least, the Water temple was a bitch throughout the whole thing.
    Up until you got to the ship where you fought the Stalfos. Then it was smooth sailing (no pun intended) from then on. For me at least, the Water temple was a bitch throughout the whole thing.
    My main issue with the water temple was the first time through, and then the first time through on the master quest. You can really get turned around ass backwards and have no idea where you're going, and there's at least one place where you can use a key in the wrong spot.
  • My main issue with the water temple was the first time through, and then the first time through on the master quest. You can really get turned around ass backwards and have no idea where you're going, and there's at least one place where you can use a key in the wrong spot.
    My main problem is the part where you have to make the water go up and down and up and down. Unlike other dungeons, it's not obvious where you have to go next.
  • Biggest problem with the water temple is that secret room underneath the central column you can only get to when you raise the water a off the ground floor. Takes ages to find it.
  • Dino Crisis- Zombie ninja dinosaurs in space, how can it be bad? I believe a certain Dave Riley knows what I am talking about.
  • I really wanted Warhammer Online to be good, but it is a meh WoW clone.
  • I really wanted Warhammer Online to be good, but it is a meh WoW clone.
    I wonder when there will ever be a popular MMO that is based on skill and thinking and not consisting solely of "who can click the fastest and manage the best".
  • I wonder when there will ever be a popular MMO that is based on skill and thinking and not consisting solely of "who can click the fastest and manage the best".
    It will never be popular unless everyone in the world is suddenly awesome.
  • I wonder when there will ever be a popular MMO that is based on skill and thinking and not consisting solely of "who can click the fastest and manage the best".
    Hopefully Jumpgate Evolution.
  • Shadow the Hedgehog, for starters. That game reeked, but it looked so awesome from the outset. Most of the next gen Sonic games, for that matter. Heroes, '06, SotR, and Unleashed. All disappointments.
    Final Fantasy XII. Probably a controversial pick, but I really wanted to like that game. But I just couldn't get on board with the battle system, and the plot made me sad.
    There have probably been others, but they escape me at the moment.
    I don't want to get into this argument right now, but I'm just curious. Has any company released anything of the sort? I don't think I've even seen a fleshed out proposal for an MMO like that. People want that, believe me, it's the entire reason people raid in endgame WoW, and do arenas, and even compete in the arenas realm where everyone has the same gear. Someone needs to do it, well, and I'm totally on board. (Also, not that important, but I've quit WoW, most likely not forever, but definitely for a while.)
  • Has any company released anything of the sort?
    Puzzle Pirates is the closest.
  • Hopefully Jumpgate Evolution.
    I actually kinda want to play this game.
    I don't want to get into this argument right now, but I'm just curious. Has any company released anything of the sort? I don't think I've even seen a fleshed out proposal for an MMO like that. People want that, believe me, it's the entire reason people raid in endgame WoW, and do arenas, and even compete in the arenas realm where everyone has the same gear. Someone needs to do it, well, and I'm totally on board. (Also, not that important, but I've quit WoW, most likely not forever, but definitely for a while.)
    I wouldn't think it would be that hard to make. Just make an action game or strategy game, but with lots of people in it. The only differences would be in weapons, much like in shooters. Come on developers, get on this!
  • Isn't there the problem of lag though? RPGs are one of the least bandwidth intensive games.