This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Beer Beer!

Comments

• but I did see a few locations in Illinois & Indianapolis.
    Done deal.
    Rosemont, Schaumburg, and Wheeling. Those are all up in the Chicagoland area. I'll keep them in mind if I'm ever up there for a con or a trip but a three hour drive just for the food and beer just isn't in the cards anymore.
    Yeah. Even if I was home for break, if I'm going to Schaumberg, I'm heading to Shaw's for dinner.
  • I love love LOVE White Russians.
  • They are one of the Perfect Cocktails. The Old Fashioned is another.
  • edited November 2010
    Good beer.
    Post edited by Wolfin on
  • It's better than Peroni, for sure, but it's not on the level of, say, Goose Island 312.
    Good beer.
    Stella is an insult to Belgian beers.
  • Let's be honest here: it IS an AB InBev beer.
  • Opinions shmopinions.
  • edited November 2010
    Epic Beer Poster.
    I'm getting a print of that made when I get home. Gonna put that above the kitchen table!

Also, got the Magic Hat Winterland Assortment twelve pack. Can't wait to try some of that on Thursday.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I just discovered that my favorite beer bar in Seattle has a clone on the south end.

Also, I had two different pumpkin-chocolate beers.
  • Epic Beer Poster.
    Pete. You should use this for Beer Beer next year at CTcon, eh?
  • Epic Beer Poster.
    Pete. You should use this for Beer Beer next year at CTcon, eh?
    That was my first thought when I saw that.

My second thought was "This is going up in my bar, once I have a bar."
  • I really like Delerium Noel and Purple Haze. They're mighty tasty.
  • edited December 2010
    Fuuuuuuuuck - I just found out there was not one, but two microbreweries near me - and even better, at least one of them lets you take a tour, and make your own beer, then come back and bottle it, which is about $110 bucks. Expensive for beer, till you consider you get four Cartons(each holding four six-packs) out of it, and a regular carton around here is usually about $35 and up.

EDIT - Bonus - One of them, I'm pretty sure the one in the middle of town, Is called "The Brews Brothers"
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Pete, where in the Albany area can one find Davidson Bros. Scotch Ale? Adam loved it at the Dinosaur BBQ and I would like to pick some up for him.
  • Pete, where in the Albany area can one find Davidson Bros. Scotch Ale? Adam loved it at the Dinosaur BBQ and I would like to pick some up for him.
    You can't find it in bottles. You can only get it on tap at Dinosaur, or at the brewery in Glens Falls. If you want to take a trip, you can get a growler at the brewery.

This is the problem with high-quality local beer. It's often, well, local.
    You can't find it in bottles. You can only get it on tap at Dinosaur, or at the brewery in Glens Falls. If you want to take a trip, you can get a growler at the brewery.

This is the problem with high-quality local beer. It's often, well, local.
    There are local breweries that sell bottles. Hopefully Davidson Bros. will start bottling in the future. Also, yes, I would like to go the brewery sometime soon. Are you free this weekend/week?
  • edited December 2010
    Are you free this weekend/week?
    We'll hash that out tomorrow at game.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Adult Chocolate Milk.Awesome.
    You mean other adults don't drink, you know, normal chocolate milk? Because I think it's delicious. And sometimes I think it's delicious with whiskey and/or peppermint schnapps in it.
  • Chocolate Milk is boss. And so is the Magic Hat Howl I'm drinking. Mmmm, smoked hops.
  • Chocolate Milk is boss. And so is the Magic Hat Howl I'm drinking. Mmmm, smoked hops.
    I <3 that beer. I have plans to drink WAY too much of this Holiday season.
  • edited December 2010
    I'm building a small beer cellar in my parent's basement over my month-long break. Tucking it under a staircase.

I'm thinking of buying some of the next 120 Minute Batch as well as a couple of the Rogue XS lines to inaugurate the shelves.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm building a small beer cellar in my parent's basement over my month-long break. Tucking it under a staircase.
    Keep it clean.
  • I'm building a small beer cellar in my parent's basement over my month-long break. Tucking it under a staircase.
    Keep it clean.
    It might not go under a staircase, but I've always been a fan of cellars with nice dusty bottles.
  • edited December 2010
    Man, wanna try that stuff. Anyway, went to a belgian beer tasting, had lots of good and rare stuff, w/ opinions.

Ommegang Hennepin: Rather weak beer, but it's alright for a week beer.
    Ommegang Abby Ale: A really nice, moderate beer. It has a great spice to it, with a yeasty tang. A very good ale for the season.
    Maredsous Brown: Very smooth beer, with almost a burnt sugar type flavor. Really enjoyed it.
    La Chouffe: A lovely IPA, it really stuck out to me. The foam/head was even tasty. A really nice IPA balance of the sweet and bitter, which is funny considering is a flavor combo of coriander, thyme, and orange peel.
    Duvel Tripel Hop: A rare beer, and a damn good one. I felt a little embarrassed, not having regular duvel before, but I really enjoyed the taste of it. That right bite of hoppiness and really good finish.
    Ommegang Adoration: I had this on tap, but it felt a tad strange to me compared to a normal Belgian Strong Dark. It had very punctuated flavors of Indian Spices, so I was a little surprised when tasting it. Had moderate carbonation, but wasn't a big fan.

I'll be sure to come back to this thread with more beers, since this is stout season after all and I've been buying a lot more than usual. They actually have some nice beer packages at Costco. There's a Duvel Package, for 13.59 which comes with 4 330ml Duvels and a special goblet glass. And the other package is for Ommegang, featuring a Ommegang Chalice and a 750 ml of each beer, including BPA, Three Philosophers and Tripel Perfection.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on