This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Ok went back to check. Specifically what it is is when you are jumping with forward momentum and you start pressing up. He loses his momentum and falls straight down. This seems irregular with his normal movement because if you change directions or just let go of the direction he still retains some forward momentum. It's only when you hold up (I was quarter turning between forward and up) does he randomly lose momentum.
  • Ok went back to check. Specifically what it is is when you are jumping with forward momentum and you start pressing up. He loses his momentum and falls straight down. This seems irregular with his normal movement because if you change directions or just let go of the direction he still retains some forward momentum. It's only when you hold up (I was quarter turning between forward and up) does he randomly lose momentum.
    Nope, you have no momentum in air. If you are not pressing left or right (up-left/right, down-left/right) you have no horizontal movement. Letting go off the d-pad is same as pushing up or down, when you are in the air.
  • You do have some momentum. It just rapidly decreases if you let go. What I was experiencing was like dead stop.
  • Alternating between Mass Effect 3, Magic, Other Magic, and Battlefield. A smattering of other titles, and looking forward something fierce to both Sleeping Dogs(Hong Kong Kung-fu Action Movie: The game) and Guns of Icarus Online.
  • Question for those who have played Borderlands. I'm currently a level 29 Siren. The last quest I just completed was killing Krom. How much more of the game is there left?
  • Haven't played much recently, but I discovered Extra Credits today, and each and every one of you should watch it.
  • edited July 2012
    Question for those who have played Borderlands. I'm currently a level 29 Siren. The last quest I just completed was killing Krom. How much more of the game is there left?
    What was Krom? The game is mostly a blur to me up until the end.

Edit: I would say you're 3/5 of the way through.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Some guy in a canyon named after him. He was on a turret. I just sniped him and his turret from afar. It was to get a piece of the Artifact to give to Tannis.
  • You've got a lot of blanks to kill. Then some blanks. Then more blanks. Get to murderin.
  • edited July 2012
    Man, I enjoyed Borderlands multiplayer, only problem is the speed at which playing with other people made me feel like i would miss a lot of the favor text humor that and never having the same people to play with :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I played through all of it splitscreen w/ a friend, and god damn it was a ton of fun.
  • Edit: I would say you're 3/5 of the way through.
    Ok. Good to know. I think I'll do finish the rest of the game co-op. I seem to be higher level than the quests I'm on. This is due to me being not as proficient in head shots or not fast enough in areas to where respawns regenerate.

This is probably the only game I'm actually a decent sniper. Forget about TF2. ^^;;
  • The breakfast club used to have some hilarious fun playing in Moxie's arena.
  • Man, I enjoyed Borderlands multiplayer, only problem is the speed at which playing with other people made me feel like i would miss a lot of the favor text humor that and never having the same people to play with :-p
    I hardly ever play co-op online for this reason. People need to chill out and stop trying to make everything a speed run. I prefer couch co-op with my bro.

I pretty much use my XBL subscription exclusively for M:TG.
  • Falcon 4.0 Allied Force.
  • How come no one ever told me that Yoshi's Island was Yoshi's Story but a zillion times better? Also, I started Majora's Mask. Just have Link's Awakening and I'll have played every non-DS Zelda.
  • SMW2: Yoshi's Island.
  • I've been saying that SMW2: Yoshi's Island is one of my favorite Mario games other than Super Mario Sunshine for a while now, but never described it. :3

I take it you've been playing the 3DS Ambassador free game?

I recently found a SNES copy and been playing it off and on over the last few months. It seriously is a fun game that doesn't get enough praise vs. Super Mario World. The music is top notch, the levels are fun along with the bonus levels.

Just watch out for those spores!
  • I take it you've been playing the 3DS Ambassador free game?
    Eeeyup.
  • For the first time in a long time, I had a huge gaming weekend. Managed to finish two whole games! Those being Outland and Machinarium. Been working on Outland for a while, and that last boss took a half dozen times or so to finally get. Very fun game overall, I really liked the platforming with polarity switching. I started Machinarium a long time ago, and only got about 30 minutes into it, but yesterday I just went full on into it and finished it in one go. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I liked the game, but I'm glad I played it, having never really played old adventure games. I know that those kinds of games aren't really for me, cause I ended up using the hint book on pretty much every screen.

I also started playing inFamous, and I'm already 40% through or so. I really dig this game because it's open-world, which I'm a fan of, but it's not overly saturated with things to do. The side missions are all related to getting territory, so you already know there's a fairly limited number of them, but they are still diverse enough to not feel like you're doing the same thing over and over again. Even this far into it, I know I want to get the sequel too.
  • So I never thought I would say this, but SimCity Social is actually pretty damn fun. It's SimCity (with things changed to add a social element like needing people to staff buildings and people can also send you gifts/supplies for upgrades and buildings), but it's a fun little time waster that people should try out.

Also, I need people to staff my Museum and send me land permits, because I am at the edge of my city limits right now.
  • I just beat the half life expansions. Blue shift was short and fun, opposing force was longer and awesome.
  • Also, I need people to staff my Museum and send me land permits, because I am at the edge of my city limits right now.
    Just make sure that you send requests for those and I'll do em every day.
  • ...SimCity Social is actually pretty damn fun. It's SimCity (with things changed to add a social element like needing people to staff buildings and people can also send you gifts/supplies for upgrades and buildings), but it's a fun little time waster that people should try out.
    Nooo! Avoid it. It breaks the fundamental paradigm of what "Sim City" is about. It has that particular generic brand of art endemic to "social" games, and plays on the same reptile brain subconscious addictive tendencies that all of these games do.

• I just beat the half life expansions. Blue shift was short and fun, opposing force was longer and awesome.
    You never played them before? You freaking monster, you didn't even know Barney! Or Shepherd for that matter. Now you know why Bioware made Mass Effect, Valve time too slow.
  • ...SimCity Social is actually pretty damn fun. It's SimCity (with things changed to add a social element like needing people to staff buildings and people can also send you gifts/supplies for upgrades and buildings), but it's a fun little time waster that people should try out.
    Nooo! Avoid it. It breaks the fundamental paradigm of what "Sim City" is about. It has that particular generic brand of art endemic to "social" games, and plays on the same reptile brain subconscious addictive tendencies that all of these games do.
  • So I played Dear Esther today, and I'm not sure what to think. It is definitely a weird one. I'm not even sure you can call it a game. It was definitely interesting though and it has some good immersion.

I also played Runaway: A Twist of Fate a couple of days ago. I really liked the first Runaway, but I was rather disappointed by the second (The Dream of the Turtle) because the style of narration was rather odd, starting with a flashback and ending in a cliffhanger. I also see tons of the second game in bargain bins in local electronic markets, so for a while I actually though the makers of the game, a spanish company named Pendulo, went under.

Anyway, the third game is good, some of the best point and click adventuring I've played ever. I very much liked the in-game help feature, which was both funny and useful, and something P&C adventure games should have implemented a long time ago. It is kind of weird though to create content that you actually don't want your players to see if they don't need to. The hotspot help function was also a good thing. It is a little bit of handholding, but then again P&C adventure games do have on occasion rather odd flows of logic, though I didn't notice it in that game.

I will also admit to having played Lollipop Chainsaw. That game is strange and does seem a bit on the side of "let's appeal to the horny teenager crowd", but it has some very fun gameplay, good aesthetics for the overdone zombie genre, and the boss characters are very entertaining. The mini-games suck a big fat cocksicle though.

The player character is weird too. While she is most definitely a bubble-headed Bimbo who is exploited for her sex appeal, she is in control of her situation, capable, has a good family and social life, and has hidden depths alluded to during the game. Her being voiced by Twilight Sparkle's voice actress Tara Strong is very, very weird though.

I think Yahtzee hits it pretty much on the head.
  • I'm not even sure you can call it a game.
    Did anyone even read what I said about it?