This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

Comments

• Playing South Park - The Stick of Truth.
    Best RPG ever, more fun and immersive than anything in the Fallout series.
    Currently a level 7 Jew that has been captured by the Elves, Jew-Jitsu is the most fun ability to chain attacks with.
    The parody levels are insane both on the fantasy and RPG topics.
  • sK0pe said:

Playing South Park - The Stick of Truth.
    Best RPG ever, more fun and immersive than anything in the Fallout series.
    Currently a level 7 Jew that has been captured by the Elves, Jew-Jitsu is the most fun ability to chain attacks with.
    The parody levels are insane both on the fantasy and RPG topics.

Yeah, this game is really good. I got really far, but I didn't finish it for some reason.
  • I think it's a little long in parts but ultimately was a lot of fun, which was why Rubin probably didn't finish it.
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. I got out in the wild and FUCK DRAGONS UP!
  • What will it take to convince you to tag team those dragons?
  • edited July 2015
    Feel like starting an FRC Forum hunting group? I'm currently HR7 and could probably use some help crushing Dalamadur and Ukanlos. Also, I can help you crush things that are giving you shit. Like, y'know, everything.

Currently working on the Kushala Daora quest. Sonofabitch is annoying as hell, but I think I've almost got him. Gonna whip out poison instead of Dragon element, I think.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I'd go: I picked up MH4U a week ago. I'm working through Caravan Quests still, just beat the Gore Magala. So you'd have to put up with me being annoyingly under-equipped.
  • Eh, you're always under-equipped in this game. That's part of the glory!
  • A core rule in this game is that the armor you made from a monster is extremely vulnerable to the next monster you encounter.

Also, how do you guys want to organize a session?
  • So I just got the first gaming level PC I've had in over ten years a couple weeks ago. First game I decide to play on it? TIS-100. I've solved most of the problems, but there are still a few that make me feel utterly stupid. This stuff would've been a lot easier to do on the real microprocessors I was programming on back in college.
  • So I just got the first gaming level PC I've had in over ten years a couple weeks ago. First game I decide to play on it? TIS-100. I've solved most of the problems, but there are still a few that make me feel utterly stupid. This stuff would've been a lot easier to do on the real microprocessors I was programming on back in college.

All the problems would be trivial if the nodes just had TWO read/write registers instead of 1.
  • Apreche said:

So I just got the first gaming level PC I've had in over ten years a couple weeks ago. First game I decide to play on it? TIS-100. I've solved most of the problems, but there are still a few that make me feel utterly stupid. This stuff would've been a lot easier to do on the real microprocessors I was programming on back in college.

All the problems would be trivial if the nodes just had TWO read/write registers instead of 1.
    Exactly. I feel like having bit manipulation would also make some problems a lot easier.
  • Batman Arkham Knight, because "I AM BATMAN!"
  • ThatGent said:

A core rule in this game is that the armor you made from a monster is extremely vulnerable to the next monster you encounter.

I think we could establish an FRC Forum password or something. That way, anyone can just schedule a night and use the standard password to keep it forum-only.

Could probably start a thread about it.

• I'd go: I picked up MH4U a week ago. I'm working through Caravan Quests still, just beat the Gore Magala. So you'd have to put up with me being annoyingly under-equipped.

I'm starting in on the high rank Caravan quests. I'd be up for a bit of hunting every now and then. though I already have a pretty cohesive group of friends I play with.
  • ThatGent said:

A core rule in this game is that the armor you made from a monster is extremely vulnerable to the next monster you encounter.

I think we could establish an FRC Forum password or something. That way, anyone can just schedule a night and use the standard password to keep it forum-only.

Could probably start a thread about it.

The safe-word is banana?

• Portal Stories: Mel
    Pretty great mod. The quality is 90% of what an official Valve add on to Portal 2 would be.
    It plays closer to the portions of Portal 2 outside of the official testing rooms.
    You play Mel, who is another Aperture Portal test subject.

Essentially a great short story in the Portal universe.

All the puzzles as challenging as some of the hardest levels in the Portal series or harder so the mod assumes you can finish Portal 2 problems with ease.

It's FREE. However I would have even paid a bit of money for it considering how much work was done, form story to voice acting and developing the massive rooms which really make you feel as if you're in a world rather than in a test chamber.
  • edited July 2015
    Would TIS-1000 be a good introduction to assembly language programming?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Pegu said:

Yes and no.
  • Apreche said:

Pegu said:

Yes and no.
    Mostly no.
  • I just picked up Rune Factory 4 for the 3DS. As I am still trying to complete the tutorial, so I have little opinion of it at this time, but I have heard that it is a good game.
  • Tomovasky said:

I just picked up Rune Factory 4 for the 3DS. As I am still trying to complete the tutorial, so I have little opinion of it at this time, but I have heard that it is a good game.

It's the most complex dating sim + candy box ever.
  • Apreche said:

Tomovasky said:

I just picked up Rune Factory 4 for the 3DS. As I am still trying to complete the tutorial, so I have little opinion of it at this time, but I have heard that it is a good game.

I guess it will not quench my want of a good RPG then.
    I use to enjoy the Gameboy’s Harvest Moon. So hopefully it won’t be a waste of my time, but I have a natural disdain when I see the words "Candy Box".
  • Tomovasky said:

Apreche said:

Tomovasky said:

I use to enjoy the Gameboy’s Harvest Moon. So hopefully it won’t be a waste of my time, but I have a natural disdain when I see the words "Candy Box".
    Harvest Moon is a Candy Box.
  • Apreche said:

Tomovasky said:

Apreche said:

Tomovasky said:

True, but it is a candy box that I have nostalgia for unlike other candy boxes. Who knows maybe this will be the game to make me fall in love with the candy boxes.
  • Tomovasky said:

Apreche said:

Tomovasky said:

Apreche said:

Tomovasky said:

True, but it is a candy box that I have nostalgia for unlike other candy boxes. Who knows maybe this will be the game to make me fall in love with the candy boxes.
    It's 3 games in one. Harvest Moon + Genero Action Fantasy RPG + Dating Sim.

• I'm a little stalled on Dragon Quest IX. Looks like I put about 20 hours in, and from peeking at an FAQ, I'm through 2/3 of the story. Further than I thought I'd get! I will vow to pick it up soon and plow through. It's not that I'm not enjoying it anymore. Splatoon is taking up all of my gaming time. Good god, Splatoon. You have got a good thing going on. I don't dare check how many hours I've put into that.
  • So Rocket League is the real 'effing deal when it comes to direct competition games, also free for PS Plus users this month, I suggest that you get this while it's still hot because I haven't had this much fun since the early days of Lethal League.
  • Jordan O. said:

So Rocket League is the real 'effing deal when it comes to direct competition games, also free for PS Plus users this month, I suggest that you get this while it's still hot because I haven't had this much fun since the early days of Lethal League.

Was just about to post about Rocket League, tis good fun.
  • HOLY FUCK ROCKET LEAGUE