This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Real Life Cooking Mama: Share Your Cooking Projects!

Comments

• Made WuBritos (near the bottom) last night, and they turned out famously (except for the salty guac incident). Smelling the pork all day was maddening!
  • I went and made chicken noodle soup from scratch.
  • Did you make your own noodles?
  • No :( I don't have time for that on a weeknight.
  • That's a healthy looking stock. And what herb is sprinkled on that soup sir? I'm partial to cilantro...

Thought I'd share my chops and potato pancakes standard:

• Just chopped parsley.
  • edited January 2013
    I went and made chicken noodle soup from scratch.
    Do you mind sharing the recipe? I tried 3-4 recipes for homemade chicken soup, and none of them have turned out looking that good.
    Post edited by Reol on
  • I went and made chicken noodle soup from scratch.
    Do you mind sharing the recipe? I tried 3-4 recipes for homemade chicken soup, and none of them have turned out looking that good.
  • Sausage rice tonight because I am a broke college student, but also because sausage rice is tasty.
  • edited January 2013
    Do you mind sharing the recipe?
    Chicken soup from scratch:

Okay, start with a superheated and dense force-unified space. Make sure you arrange it correctly between the seconds 0 and 10^-43 seconds.

Wait until soup is made.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Related enough: Fork the Cookbook - github meets recipes. See a recipe you like? Fork it to adjust it however you like, then re-share it for the world to see and fork themselves.
  • FUCKING BRILLIANT
  • FUCKING BRILLIANT
    Holy Shitake.
  • Related enough: Fork the Cookbook - github meets recipes. See a recipe you like? Fork it to adjust it however you like, then re-share it for the world to see and fork themselves.
    NICE

• Do want. In the mouth hole.
  • I made Palak Paneer with homemade Naan.
  • Can you give us your Palak Paneer recipe?
  • Can you give us your Palak Paneer recipe?
    And the naan while you're at it.
  • edited February 2013
    Palak Paneer. I subbed cubbed Queso Fresco for the Paneer since I was too lazy to go to my world market. The recipe doesn't mention adding it so just cube up about a cup and a half and fry the cubes on non-stick skillet with about 1 tbsp of olive oil. You can also use Tofu.

You can also find the naan recipe I used on there. One thing I learned, make sure you roll out the dough as thin as possible, otherwise you won't get the nice fluffy bubbles.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • One time I tried to make Naan in my cast iron pan. It ended up more like focaccia. Odd transformation, but I really like this recipe.

• Sometimes you have to make biscuits, but can't figure out where the pan is.
  • Oh man, is that good ol' red eye gravy? Looks great. I've been abroad for a few weeks and am craving some down home cooking. This might be the jam... You have a recipe?
  • Take 1lb of sausage and brown it in a pan.
    With the grease still in, mix in 1/4 cup flour until it's nice and sticky.
    Turn the heat down to medium/5, and add 2 cups of milk little by little and cook until it's the right thickness .
  • I like to add lots of black pepper too.
  • Aww, the "add spices here" I put in disappeared because I used brackets.
  • My sausage garland has been sadly empty for weeks.

I am in the process of fixing that.

Completed and Fucking Delicious:
    6 pounds Moroccan-style lamb sausage

In Progress but No Less Delicious:
    7 pounds goat salami
    7.5 leg of lamb, destined to be country ham (HAHA DAVE BEAT YOU TO IT)

On the Horizon Lies Flavortown
    10 pounds of beef and veal: 2 pounds to be andouille, 8 pounds to be sweet Italian sausage

Who needs vegetables?
  • I really love goat. These shanks were better than the last time I made them, probably because I cooked everything in the dutch oven and took time to reduce the braising liquid into something incredible. Worked with a standard mirepoix, made the liquid from red wine, sherry, chicken stock and tomato paste. Also, the fat inside the bones is SO GOOD.

• Chris made bacon pancakes Sunday morning. They were pretty incredible. Chris makes her pancakes from scratch, even sans bacon they were incredible, the best pancakes I've ever had.
  • edited April 2013
    I don't understand why people make pancakes with Bisquik (other fake pancake brands are available), and then use fake syrup to go with it when it takes 15 minutes tops to make real pancakes.
    Post edited by Ruffas on