This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

UP

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I and my girlfriend (benefit of a relationship= have an excuse to see "wussy" movies) saw it on Thursday. Beforehand, we went to the Target across the street and saved on candy. We jokingly bought juiceboxes and fun dip, thinking it would complete the children's movie experience. Altogether, we went through 2 packs of dip and no juice. The beginning was too sad for us 19 year old fogies.

Oh, and UK definitely gets the short end on movie and game releases.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • Oh, and UK definitely gets the short end on movie and game releases.
    It's their fault for living in such underdeveloped, backwater countries.
  • Oh, and UK definitely gets the short end on movie and game releases.
    It's their fault for living in such underdeveloped, backwater countries.
    It took 'em 1500 years to become less powerful than their 350-year-old colony.
  • have an excuse to see "wussy" movies
    Me, my friend, and his brother went at the same time to see UP. We're all straight men. No shame.
    :D

Though there were a LOT of kids with their parents in there.
  • I saw it with five girls.

• I have been targeted many times for watching and enjoying "wussy" movies and television. However, I do draw the line at Mamma Mia.

Your little sister and 4 of her friends is nothing to brag about. :P

Your little sister and 4 of her friends is nothing to brag about. :P
    I'm an only child :D
  • I have been targeted many times for watching and enjoying "wussy" movies and television. However, Idodraw the line at Mamma Mia.
    Apparently you are a wuss for not being able to watch Mamma Mia. What are you afraid of?
  • I have been targeted many times for watching and enjoying "wussy" movies and television. However, Idodraw the line at Mamma Mia.
    Apparently you are a wuss for not being able to watch Mamma Mia. What are you afraid of?
    Breaking out into song... and dance :-p
  • edited June 2009
    I have been targeted many times for watching and enjoying "wussy" movies and television. However, Idodraw the line at Mamma Mia.
    It being significantly worse than the show.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Apparently you are a wuss for not being able to watch Mamma Mia. What are you afraid of?
    Abba.

>__>
  • edited June 2009
    What is all of this "wuss" talk? Why is anyone afraid of looking like a "wuss". Are y'all men from the 1950's that must confirm their masculinity by limiting your tastes and interests?

I love Abba, but Mamma Mia (both the stage show and the movie) is terrible.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I love Abba, butMamma Mia(both the stage show and the movie) is terrible.
    Q F fucking T! Although the movie was fun for being snarky and laughing at all the campy-ness.
  • I've never been bothered by being thought of as a wuss or overly-sensitive. Fuck my peers, man; Gilmore girls is a good show and that part of Wall-E I cried while watching was beautiful.
  • edited June 2009
    Gilmore Girls is a good show! Have you seen it all? I was so disappointed by the ending.
  • Gilmore Girls is a good show! Have you seen it all? I was so disappointed by the ending.
    I think I've seen most of the show, but there's a lot of gaps and I haven't seen the last few seasons. Most of what I have seen is through my sister watching it obsessively on television, and the complete series on DVD she got a few months before going off to college. I really should take advantage of the fact that she's home for the summer...
  • Up made me cry like a baby in several parts. Now here is a story related to Up that made me cry more. Pixar grants girl's dying wish to see 'Up'.
  • Whoa. That story is really sad. I'm glad the Pixar people were nice to her and made her happy. Can you imagine if you or something you made featured in some child's dying wish? That's like the highest compliment that can ever be paid to someone. If I was a celebrity and I was asked to do something for the Make a Wish foundation I would try really hard to make it close to the child's dream.
  • Up made me cry like a baby in several parts. Now here is a story related to Up that made me cry more.Pixar grants girl's dying wish to see 'Up'.
    I-I have something in my eye... *sniffle*
  • Up made me cry like a baby in several parts. Now here is a story related to Up that made me cry more.Pixar grants girl's dying wish to see 'Up'.
    What's cool about this story is how classy Pixar is. Notice how they declined to comment? Other companies would be trying to hype it up and make a show of it. Just do it without saying anything. That's the way to go.
  • edited June 2009
    Up made me cry like a baby in several parts. Now here is a story related to Up that made me cry more.Pixar grants girl's dying wish to see 'Up'.
    That poor girl and her family. It was so kind of Pixar to bring the film to her, and the movie is so obviously appropriate.
    Now I am sobbing at work. My co-workers must think I am crazy.
  • Oh man... that story made me tear up something fierce... Don't look at me!
  • I just want to add something to the population discussion.

New York City - population 8.4 million - density 27,400 people per square mile
    Los Angeles - population 3.8 million - density 8,205 people per square mile

London is smaller than NY, but comes close. Paris, Moscow, Tokyo, Beijing, Delhi, Mumbai, these are the kinds of cities that are bigger than NY. For people in these kinds of places, the rest of the world really is the sticks.
  • The movie came out on DVD/Boo-Ray on Tuesday. Apparently the Boo-Ray version is a 4-disc combo pack with the movie on Boo-Ray and DVD, along with the Bonus Features Disc, and Digital Copy disc. I got it for $20 at Wally Mart. Holy crap, that's awesome. I hope more movies are released to Blu Ray like that. So now, I can watch Up to my heart's content in my living room, my bedroom, my computer room, and on my iPod at my leisure.
  • I started watching Up last week. I really enjoyed the first few minutes, but then it just got stupid. At one point I thought "If nothing happens in the next five minutes that I like even remotely, I'm walking out." And nothing happened in the next five minutes that interested or entertained me even a tiny bit. So I walked out.
  • About how far did you get into the movie?
  • Up is my least favorite Pixar movie.
  • Up is my least favorite Pixar movie.
    Why?
  • edited November 2009
    Up is my least favorite Pixar movie.
    Why?
    The touching, interesting plot was ruined by an unfunny barrage of 7-foot-tall birds and talking dogs.
    Post edited by Sail on