This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090625 - Celebrity Deaths

Comments

• RIP good sir, RIP.
  • Yeah I heard about that. Apparently it was a suicide. You can just never tell, man.
  • Dunno if it was posted but Ariel Sharon passed away a couple weeks ago.

So why not read back through the 15 posts since then to check?

So why not read back through the 15 posts since then to check?

The search bar at the top of the site is also super effective.
    It was posted on January 11th by Jason and he scored 15 points for it because he predicted it.
  • Maximilian Schell (The Black Hole, The Freshman, Deep Impact)
  • edited February 2014
    Arthur Rankin Jr. of rankin-Bass, producer of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," "The Year Without a Santa Claus," "Frosty the Snowman," "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town," "The Hobbit," "Return of the King," and "Thundercats."
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Nooooooo!!
  • I actually know who that is. Don't do drugs, kids.
  • That sucks. He was such a great Plutarch Heavensbee in Catching Fire. I wonder who will replace him in Mockingjay.
  • To me, he will always be Grant from the Big Lebowski.
  • I didn't even know he was only 46...holy shit.
  • Rochelle said:

That sucks. He was such a great Plutarch Heavensbee in Catching Fire. I wonder who will replace him in Mockingjay.

With the first part being in post-production I am curious how they will handle it.
  • Joan Mondale, wife of former U.S. vice president Walter Mondale.
  • edited February 2014
    Not sure how well known he is outside of my circle, but Keith Allen died yesterday. He was the first head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers and the general manager of the team between 1969 and 1983, overseeing the Broad Street Bullies era, two Stanley Cup victories and two other appearances in the finals. He also earned himself the nickname "The Thief" for his shrewd trades. He also has his name on the Cup as a player, having played in the 53-54 playoffs in Detroit, though he only played 10 regular season games that year and 28 games total (about half a season at the time).
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Shirley Temple. That's another "Damn."
  • She was still alive?
  • She was still alive?

• The rate of famous person death that is relevant to people born in my era is rapidly accelerating. <_<
  • Dan Akroyd: "GUYZ WE'RE TOTALLY STILL DOING GHOSTBUSTERS 3."
  • edited February 2014
    That's probably true, once everyone other than Dan Akroyd still alive to oppose it dies off.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba said:

That's probably true, once everyone other than Dan Akroyd still alive to oppose it dies off.

The last Ghostbuster vs. the last Beatle. FIGHT!
  • I predict there will be a Ghostbusters sequel. It will happen when CG character technology gets to the point that they can recreate all of the original cast without needing human actors.

Or, there will be a horrible prequel about Zuul.
  • Rym said:

I predict there will be a Ghostbusters sequel. It will happen when CG character technology gets to the point that they can recreate all of the original cast without needing human actors.

Or, there will be a horrible prequel about Zuul.

When we have that technology there will be sequels and prequels of EVERYTHING.