This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Personal Weaknesses and Strengths

124»

Comments

• I'm using Otakon to work on my shyness when talking with people I admire or think is awesome. If it backfires and I suck well then to the fail thread I go.

What things do you do to solve your weaknesses?
    I do something similar. I'll try and pick somebody random and try to make friends with them. If it fails... well I'm probably never going to see them again in my life so I'm not going to worry about it. :) And if I feel possessive about stuff, I immediately go clean. It sounds stupid, but it helps getting rid of things I know I'm never going to need in the future, like old papers and junk.
  • I'm also really shy when I get to know people. I tend to have an entirely different "shy self" personality, and I really don't like that side of me. It's irritating, because once I get past that shy self thing and start being my loud, opinionated, tomboyish self... I tend to surprise people. People tend to see me as "that pansy/innocent girl", when I'm really not like that. Part of it is me being misleading, somewhat on purpose and somewhat not. In any case, I'm trying to get past that and be more open without going through that weird awkward stage in getting to know people.

...but I definitely still feel weird about things when I'm first starting to get to know people. Which is why I lurk a lot when I'm new to forums like this. Fortunately, I have my friend here to prod me and tell me I should post more.
  • You really need to work on getting rid of your pansy filter. It would make things so much more interesting.
  • edited July 2009
    Personal Strengths: I'm kind, helpful when in need, and mostly take things in stride.

Weaknesses: I'm relatively lonely and with few friends, I get angry from time to time, I'm lazy and overweight, and can't express myself properly from time to time. Also, people think I am younger than I actually am.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • Also, people think I am younger than I actually am.
    You will find that that is a strength.
  • Also, people think I am younger than I actually am.
    You will find that that is a strength.
    Not in this case. People think I'm a minor until they meet me in person. My concern is that I might be acting in an immature manner, even though I try not to be.
  • Not in this case. People think I'm a minor until they meet me in person. My concern is that I might be acting in an immature manner, even though I try not to be.
    Hm. That is weird. Are these people you meet on the internet, or people you're talking to online, or what? Have they seen a picture of you?
  • Hm. That is weird. Are these people you meet on the internet, or people you're talking to online, or what? Have they seen a picture of you?
    I mostly get it from people I talk to over the phone, but sometimes on the internet as well. When it comes to pictures, though, I don't have any of me online. I get kind of nervous about that sort of thing.
  • When it comes to pictures, though, I don't have any of me online. I get kind of nervous about that sort of thing.
    That's kinda disappointing. I always thought that blonde-afroed rainbow shirt guy in your avatar was you.
  • When it comes to pictures, though, I don't have any of me online. I get kind of nervous about that sort of thing.
    That's kinda disappointing. I always thought that blonde-afroed rainbow shirt guy in your avatar was you.
    That, actually, is the Sixth Doctor, as portrayed by Colin Baker. Sorry for the confusion.
  • I didn't really think that was you, but thanks for the info anyway. I'm gonna have to get around to some Doctor Who one of these days. Never seen a single episode.
  • I didn'treallythink that was you, but thanks for the info anyway. I'm gonna have to get around to some Doctor Who one of these days. Never seen a single episode.
    Look on Dailymotion. There tend to be a lot of classic episodes on there. A piece of advice for the Colin Baker era: avoid The Twin Dilemma and Timelash.