This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• Looks like Romney may have lead a group of kids to cut some (presumed gay) kid's hair
    during his prep school days. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mitt-romneys-prep-school-classmates-recall-pranks-but-also-troubling-incidents/2012/05/10/gIQA3WOKFU_story.html
  • Looks like Romney may have lead a group of kids to cut some (presumed gay) kid's hair
    during his prep school days. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mitt-romneys-prep-school-classmates-recall-pranks-but-also-troubling-incidents/2012/05/10/gIQA3WOKFU_story.html
    Honestly, I don't care what he did in high-school. Kids can be jerks, people change. It doesn't change my opinion of him which, in all honesty wasn't that great to begin with.

• I know people say not to bring up the dog thing or take it into account, but seriously, if someone does not have empathy to animals, 1. It's not something that suddenly develops, and 2. They probably don't have empathy toward people either.
    Liking animals and being nice to them usually signals an empathetic person in my opinion. Usually people who are dicks to animals are just general dicks.
  • Oh yeah? Well.. Obama eats dogs!

(actually I agree with you. People who are mean to animals seem to have some sort of lack of empathy for other human beings, more often than now)
  • edited May 2012
    I know people say not to bring up the dog thing or take it into account, but seriously, if someone does not have empathy to animals, 1. It's not something that suddenly develops, and 2. They probably don't have empathy toward people either.
    Empathy might not develop suddenly, but it is something that can be developed (to have more empathy or less, depending). Some children are completely devoid of ability to respect other people, let alone animals, as autonomous things at first. "Most" of them get "better" about that eventually. And there's a certain amount of sensitivity that comes from the culture you live in. I had dogs and cats as pets as a kid, that has a lot to do with how I relate to animals. Similarly, I cleaned and cooked a lot of fish, which eventually desensitized me to the process and those animals a bit.

Edit: That said, we are talking about a politician. As a huge generalization, the very nature of that job and the people that climb to the top of that ladder means he's probably a purely self-interested monster.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • The Romney dog thing happened when Romney was an adult with children. I don't see how anyone can say that doesn't reflect on his character or is out of bounds. I mean, who the hell straps the family dog to the roof of a car then starts driving to Canada? Later the dog defecates on the roof of the car, he hoses the car and the dog off then puts him back on the roof and keeps driving! WTF?
  • I'm not going to rule out hope that an adult could change simply because they are an adult. I'll agree that it's harder or at least less common, and I'll agree that it's extremely likely that the only thing he's changed is what he'll tell the public. I'm just picking a general point.

Primarily because I was an asshole in highschool to a lot of people, and I got better.
  • ...the very nature of that job and the people that climb to the top of that ladder fact that he's a Republican means he's probably a purely self-interested monster.

• Primarily because I was an asshole in highschool to a lot of people, and I got better.
    Anime cruelty, even low-level cruelty, is correlated with sociopathic and even psychopathic behavior.

• I'm not going to rule out hope that an adult could change simply because they are an adult. I'll agree that it's harder or at least less common, and I'll agree that it's extremely likely that the only thing he's changed is what he'll tell the public. I'm just picking a general point.

Primarily because I was an asshole in highschool to a lot of people, and I got better.
    My main concern is his apparent deficiency in empathy, which I might add is a fairly common trait in successful businessmen. Maybe that's why people from the corporate world don't usually do well in politics.

• Primarily because I was an asshole in highschool to a lot of people, and I got better.
    Anime cruelty, even low-level cruelty, is correlated with sociopathic and even psychopathic behavior.
    And some psychopaths make great CEOs. :P

Of course anime cruelty is associated with psychopathic behavior. The person is probably a mad scientist who makes children into chimeras, or some sort of gender-swapped girl-guy who pilots giant suits of armor and keeps slapping their subordinates.

And some psychopaths make great CEOs. :P
    Actually, I forget where I saw the article, but I remember reading something that indicated that sociopaths were the people most likely to be successful in business.
  • Theres that documentary simply called "The Corporation" or something that basically makes a pretty decent case for calling all corporations literally sociopathic by definition.
  • edited May 2012

Anime cruelty? Did someone mistreat Kekko Kamen?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Anime cruelty? Did someone mistreat Kekko Kamen?
    All the time, or so I hear. It's okay though, she hits them mightily with her nekkidness.
  • Now, the thing about Mitt getting a standing ovation at Liberty University is that the entire stadium just gave a great 'hurrah' for discrimination. I want someone in the media to scream this from the highest mountain.

Also, North Carolina, fuck you. For your ban.

Also, Kentucky, the constitution already says you can make laws enforcing or based in religion, and saying you won't follow laws that "have foreign or Islamic influences" gives you carte-blanch to ignore any law you don't like. So no more union for you, you're on your own in my book.

The USA is getting smaller.
    Texas
    Utah
    Idaho
    Kentucky
    North Carolina
    Iowa
  • Arizona and Kansas need to be on that list, too.
  • edited May 2012
    See these red and pink states? Fuck the red and pink states.

EDIT: Key
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • God fucking dammit c'mon Illinois you are so goddamn close. FIX YO' PROBLEMZ.
  • Man, why does Michigan have to be dark red?

Also, shouldn't the same-sex marriage states be the pink ones?
  • C'mon Cali! Follow the example of my homelands (Massachusetts and Rhode Island) and go blue!
  • New York represent!
  • http://www.conservapedia.com/Essay:Greatest_Conservative_Songs

Livin' on a Prayer
    Bon Jovi
    Organized labor is harmful to the welfare of workers, who turn to prayer.
  • Ok, I think they may have misinterpreted that song.
  • I think I may have found a work-around for my health insurance quandary. I have my own little firm, right? Well, I just need to have an employee for a certain amount of time (no certain amount of pay), and I can get group insurance for the firm - and we can't be turned down.

Now I just need to work on increasing revenue to the point where I can afford to hire someone to do some stuff, and have enough stuff for them to do.

The only bad thing about that would be that it might make it harder to leave here, because it would entangle me further to this place, which is kind of a suckhole.
  • I think I may have found a work-around for my health insurance quandary. I have my own little firm, right? Well, I just need to have an employee for a certain amount of time (no certain amount of pay), and I can get group insurance for the firm - and we can't be turned down.

Now I just need to work on increasing revenue to the point where I can afford to hire someone to do some stuff, and have enough stuff for them to do.

The only bad thing about that would be that it might make it harder to leave here, because it would entangle me further to this place, which is kind of a suckhole.
    Do they have to work with you physically? Do they just have to be on the payroll? Could they be an unpaid intern?