This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• Tell them Christians are trying to hold the Bible as a higher law than the Constitution.
  • Oh holy shit, how do you deal with that level of derp?
    Nuclear bombs of course.
  • edited July 2011
    Remember what I said a few posts up?
    It just keeps happening, again, and again, and again.
    Can they just come out and admit that they're racist now or do we have to keep up with this pile of evidence?
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Please keep copies of all of that and hand them out during counter-demonstrations to those tea party fucks. Or offer them penis enlargement pills if you want to make a handsome profit.
  • Might have talked about this before, apologies if I have. I tend to be a political contradiction. A Zen Buddhist who is also a Republican. I joined the Republican party when I was 13. Over the years, most recently in the past 10 or so, the party has become very narrow. A co-worker, who is a Democrat and whose parents fought for civil rights over in Georgia keeps asking me to become a Democrat, that the Republican party is not for me anymore. Believe me, there have been times I wanted to walk away, leave it and never look back. But I feel if I leave it, walk away all I'm doing is letting the neo-cons, the tea party and those who don't agree with a moderate or liberal conservative bent gain control. I can't walk away, I just can't.
  • edited July 2011
    What makes you think those people don't already control the party? The GOP is legendary for creating a galvanized voting bloc and enforcing that solidarity strictly.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited July 2011
    I agree with Jason. With very few exceptions, moderate republicans or even far right conservatives who dissent, particularly on the national stage, are beaten into lock-step with the party and Faux News message. Most moderates are switching just so they can make double-sure that morons like Bachman don't get the votes they need to win a major election.
  • asking me to become a Democrat, that the Republican party is not for me anymore
    At this point, both political parties are driven by corporate interest rather than any actual value systems. While both parties are cosmetically fighting for different things, neither party really makes much of anything happen unless enough politicians from both sides being funded by the same people to affect the same result.

I seem to recall reading the DLC only began accepting major corporate funding for elections and shit back in the 90's or later, but I can't find a citation. Maybe someone knows more about that than me. At any rate, the DLC was preferred to RNC because the politicians weren't so obviously bought and owned, but this is now a matter of history and not reality.
  • edited July 2011
    With statements like this you wonder if the republicans want to win elections
    Fuck you Senator Hatch. Fuck you.

Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ( ‵Д′ )ノ
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • More bullshit from Bachman.
    If only lying mattered at all...
  • "Michele Bachmann" Revealed as Elaborate "Borat" Style Hoax

This is totally true! This is totally untrue... :(
    Is it or isn't it?! On one hand, I generally find Huff to be trustworthy. On the other hand, I can't find any other reports of this.
  • The headline of the site is "comedy."
  • Didn't even see that.

Sad thing? That seems more plausible than a person like that actually existing.
  • That seems more plausible than a person like that actually existing.
    Maybe because it's already been done?
  • The sick part is that her 'pledge' wasn't the hoax.
  • edited July 2011
    I know this thread is about politics, but I think this is just the most appropriate spot to put this:
    (I’m working the floor at a local video game store when a visibly angry woman comes up to me with a game in her hand.)

Customer: “What sort of filth are you selling here!? My son has been playing this game, and I found out it’s about killing the Pope!”

(She’s holding a copy of “Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood”. Its antagonist is Rodrigo Borgia, the Pope of Renaissance Italy.)

Me: “Yes, ma’am, the villain in that game is an embellished version of an actual Pope who was historically known for–”

Woman: “Look! I know you’re just doing your job, but I live in a Christian household and I wont have my son learning to hate religion!”

(I give her a refund, and then try to find her a game she approves of.)

Woman: “Okay, what’s this one about?” *picks up Halo: Reach*

Me: “Well, in that game you play as a futuristic super soldier who battles a race of religiously devout–”

(She screams, throws the game down, and storms out. The next day, she comes back and buys “God of War III” simply because it “has God in the title”.)
    Another example of the religious and the people who can't distinguish between fiction and reality strongly overlapping. Something to think about.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I bet she'd deny that the Borgias ever did anything wrong too.
  • More bullshit from Bachman.
    Our family goes back to the 1850's, to the first pioneers that came to Iowa from Sognefjord, Norway, where it was, about two percent of the land was tillable. And these were not dumb Norwegians. They were very smart. They heard about Iowa, and they said, "It's about a hundred percent fertile land there. Let's go to Iowa."
    These were not dumb Norwegians? Must not be your ancestors.
  • Apparently by Bachmann's standard moving somewhere you can actually produce enough food to survive qualifies as smart. That could actually explain a lot of things.
  • edited July 2011
    Republican "never agree with the Dems on pure misguided principle" has kept the president from slashing $4tr from the budget. Because John Boehner and company like to masturbate over pyrrhic contrarian victories, we now have 21 days to reach a consensus, or the US will default. Millions will be forced out of work and a global depression will likely occur if this happens.

Tl;dr: The Republicans are on the verge of destroying the world economy over a political dick measuring contest.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Tl;dr: The Republicans are on the verge of destroying the world economy over a political dick measuring contest.
    They've 'worked' 'hard' for that for years and they damn well are getting their 'money's worth out of it.
  • Tl;dr: The Republicans are on the verge of destroying the world economy over a political dick measuring contest.
    They've 'worked' 'hard' for that for years and they damn well are getting their 'money's worth out of it.
    now that Tom Petty has told Bachmann to stop using his song they should replace it with this:

• More Bachman Nonsense, but from the other one - When asked repeatedly if the clinic he was operating was a "Pray the gay away" clinic, he denied it, turns out that's not actually quite the truth. And by that, I mean it is an utter and total fucking lie.

Even better? It's taken in about $137,000 in Medicaid funds, Mr. Bachmann does not have nor do his therapists have any actual psychology education or training(with Bachmann's and his chief therapist's degrees coming from for-profit Diploma mills), and none of them are licensed. Oh, and let us not forget, Michele Bachmann also takes credit for Bachmann & Associates, and is apparently also heavily involved in said Pray the gay away clinic.
  • edited July 2011
    Tl;dr: The Republicans are on the verge of destroying the world economy over a political dick measuring contest.
    I'm about one Faux News talking point away from driving to DC and savaging every god damned tea-partying neo-con whiner just to save the world's economy from their self-centered political dickey.

Oh, and I saw that Bachman thing this morning on the news. If she didn't have a chance before, she certainly doesn't now.
  • edited July 2011
    I should fuck a guy in the ass every time those cunts try to 'pray the gay away'. Then loudly scream "YOU'RE MAKING A STRAIGHT GUY GAY WITH YOUR FAGGOTRY!"
    Post edited by Not nine on