This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Republican? Just scream and lie.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    This assumes that the human experience works like:
    You absolutely have a point, but not the right one right now. Sure, there are drives, and hormones, and Social pressures, and all that other stuff, but if you're not fuckin', you're not fuckin'.
    yeah but "not fuckin' " hinges on you making the choice not to fuck (assuming you're not whack out on Jenkum or iDosing). My point is that choice is more on an illusion than most people are comfortable admitting. It's like the sage Dexter Holland once said "I know I should say no, but, it's kinda hard when she's ready to go".
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • He's may be dumb, but he's not a dweeb.
  • yeah but "not fuckin' " hinges on you making the choice not to fuck (assuming you're not whack out on Jenkum or iDosing). My point is that choice is more on an illusion than most people are comfortable admitting. It's like the sage Dexter Holland once said "I know I should say no, but, it's kinda hard when she's ready to go".
    Yep. But if you're engaging in sexual activity, then you're not practicing abstinence, are you?

Your point absolutely applies to abstinence only education, under the heading of "This is why that shit doesn't work", but actual absinence is a much clearer issue - Either you're Abstaining from sexual activity, or you're not. If a person is engaging in sexual activity, that's not abstinence being ineffective, that's the person failing to abstain from sexual activity.
  • This assumes that the human experience works like:

INTENTION ------> ACTION
    Yeah. Good job saying what I just said. Also, this:
    But if you're engaging in sexual activity, then you're not practicing abstinence, are you?
    You have good taste in music.
  • edited August 2011
    He's may be dumb, but he's not a dweeb.
    Oh thanks for taking me back to middle school. Now I feel old.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    Oh thanks for taking me back to middle school. Now I feel old.
    I'm absolutely sure I've played this song in the car while you were driving. Besides, you are old. Get used to it. Wait til you have a kid!
    Oh thanks for taking me back to high school. Now I feel old.
    Back in high school, we nerds and geeks practiced abstinence.

The only problem was, in those days it was called, "EWWWW! Get away from me, you nerd! OMAHGAWD, Becky! Did you see that nerd try to talk to me? Gag me with a spoon, for sure!", instead of "abstinence".
  • Back in high school, we nerds and geeks practiced abstinence.

The only problem was, in those days it was called, "EWWWW! Get away from me, you nerd! OMAHGAWD, Becky! Did you see that nerd try to talk to me? Gag me with a spoon, for sure!", instead of "abstinence".
    I assume that people who advocate abstinence as a viable strategy in fighting teen pregnancy and STDs haven't had to turn down sex they actually wanted.
  • Darth Cheney says he wanted Bush to bomb Syrian nuclear site in '07. You know, back when we had NO REASON to bomb them. I love how he makes it seem that the situation was exactly the same four years ago and that bombing them would have been a good idea at all, just because NOW they're going through a revolution.
  • edited August 2011

I assume that people who advocate abstinence as a viable strategy in fighting teen pregnancy and STDs haven't had to turn down sex they actually wanted.
    Yes. That's why what I wrote is often referred to as a "joke". You just explained the dissonance that's supposed to make it funny.

@GTM: Yeah, it's that whole "preemptive war" mentality I find so troubling. It's like they saw Minority Report and thought the whole precrimes prosecution thing was a good idea.

Also, I call shenanigans. This is just more of the propaganda calculated to lead us to believe GWB was anything more than Cheney's puppet. If he had actually told GWB to bomb something, it would have been bombed.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited August 2011

Well to date, Star Wars is the best known contraceptive.
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • In the great Trek/Wars debate, which makes the better contraceptive? I say Trek, because da womens get turned on by Han.
  • In the great Trek/Wars debate, which makes the better contraceptive? I say Trek, because da womens get turned on by Han.
    Yea, but Next Generation, you've got Captain Picard and Commander Riker.
  • edited August 2011
    In the great Trek/Wars debate, which makes the better contraceptive? I say Trek, because da womens get turned on by Han.
    Yea, but Next Generation, you've got Captain Picard and Commander Riker.
    You'd seriously compare their appeal to womens (and I'm talking general population womens, not geeky womens or womens who say they like smart men (which is generally - GENERALLY, MIND YOU - a big, fat lie))?

Also, Trek has more technobabble. I've rarely met a woman who can tolerate more than a minute of Trek-style technobabble.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • You'd seriously compare their appeal to womens (and I'm talking general population womens, not geeky womens or womens who say they like smart men (which is generally - GENERALLY, MIND YOU - a big, fat lie))?
    I don't know a lot of women I know like to be Commanded :-p
  • Y'know what I think was a missed opportunity in the Star Wars prequels?

I think Lucas could have really extended his dominion's sway to more gen-pop women if, instead of the whole Anakin-and-Padme's-marriage-must-be-secret-because-Jedi-have-no-family-bloppity bloppity blah, he staged a HUGE fucking wedding that would have taken like, more than twenty minutes of screen time. If there's anything that I've ever seen women universally love and be interested in to the point of being obsessive/compulsive, it's weddings. A huge wedding would have pissed off some fanboys, but it would have recruited more than enough fangirls to replace them. Also, those pissed-off fanboys would have eventually come back, because we've seen that Lucas can make his fanboys tolerate any kind of crazy bullshit he decides to sell to them.
    Characters with any degree of dimension?
    Characters with any degree of dimension?
    Good one, eh?
  • May the Schwartz be with you.
  • Eric Cantor preemptively refuses aid for Hurricane Irene victims, barring budget cuts.
    If this were a children's cartoon, Captain Planet would be kicking their collective asses about now.
  • "Objectivism is autism rebranded." <3 Sam Harris</p>
    If you are too lazy to read this, you deserve to be tarred and feathered. Read it now.
  • If you are too lazy to read this, you deserve to be tarred and feathered. Read it now.
    but I'm le tired.
  • If you are too lazy to read this, you deserve to be tarred and feathered. Read it now.
    but I'm le tired.
    DO WHAT I SAY, GEORGE.
  • "Objectivism is autism rebranded." <3 Sam Harris</p>
    I always liked "stalinist individualism"
  • Republican Congressmen in Texas sue for every military funeral to have a christian message. This of course without considering whether the deceased was religious at all, and regardless of what the relatives of the deceased want.
  • Rick Perry doesn't understand that numbers are based in fact. Something about the Tea Baggers makes them think that they can just say things that involve statistics and not actually base them on fact.
  • Republican Congressmen in Texas sue for every military funeral to have a christian message. This of course without considering whether the deceased was religious at all, and regardless of what the relatives of the deceased want.
    I already hate Texas, now, if I could, I want to punch Texas in the mouth.