This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Also why we have assualt rifles. :P
  • Also why we live in communities and cities where bears do not frequent, and live in structures that are quite bear-resistant.
  • live in structures that are quite bear-resistant.
    Ever met a bear? Few things are truly bear-resistant. Those fuckers are determined.
  • Hence the other precautions, like living in an area that is adverse to bears in general (what with high-speed vehicles and lots of pavement).
  • As well as assault weapons.
  • Pff you think they care about that? A bear can take a fuck ton before it goes down.
  • Hence the other precautions, like living in an area that is adverse to bears in general (what with high-speed vehicles and lots of pavement).
    Once, my friend Katsu was late for the train because a bear sat in front of his car in the middle of the road and would not move for 15 minutes. Pavement and vehicles are apparently not deterrents.
    Do you know what bears do when they wander into the road? They sit down. And they stare at your car. Because they're bears and they don't give a fuck. Then you have to weigh your options: do I honk and hope the bear will leave instead of smashing out my windows? Do I nudge it with my car and hope it moves? Do I sit here and wait for it to move?

Bears do what they want, my friend.
    Do you know what bears do when they wander into the road? They sit down. And they stare at your car. Because they're bears and they don't give a fuck. Then you have to weigh your options: do I honk and hope the bear will leave instead of smashing out my windows? Do I nudge it with my car and hope it moves? Do I sit here and wait for it to move?

Bears do what they want, my friend.
    Or you could throw a chocolate bar out the window and hope it goes after it?
  • Do you know what bears do when they wander into the road? They sit down. And they stare at your car. Because they're bears and they don't give a fuck. Then you have to weigh your options: do I honk and hope the bear will leave instead of smashing out my windows? Do I nudge it with my car and hope it moves? Do I sit here and wait for it to move?
    Hmm. I think I'll go ahead and keep a jar of honey in my car. You know, in case of occurences.
  • Or you could throw a chocolate bar out the window and hope it goes after it?
    Yes, but then it might learn that cars are magical chocolate-producing machines, and bears will never leave cars alone again.
  • edited October 2011
    Or you could throw a chocolate bar out the window and hope it goes after it?
    Yes, but then it might learn that cars are magical chocolate-producing machines, and bears will never leave cars alone again.
    Poison the chocolate bar so he never lives to tell the tale? :-P

Edit: Or the Peta-friendly version, put tabasco sauce on it so that he thinks cars are magical flaming heartburn-inducing chocolate bar producers and never go near them again.
    Post edited by Lyddi on
  • It doesn't matter what you do, how clever you think you are the bear always wins. It wins because its a FUCKING BEAR.
  • Fail: My trusty Antec TruPower-480 has reached the end of its life. There's something wrong with the temperature control for its fan and it no longer runs, causing the power supply to overheat given time. This is the first Antec power supply I can think of that's failed me. Maybe it's just dusty, I'll clean it out and see if the fan comes back to life.

Boo-yah: Cannibalized my file server's Antec Earthwatts-380. I bought this due to it's supposed low power consumption design and I see now it is no joke. The idle power consumption of my desktop has dropped by 40 watts.
  • Goddamnit you guys are making me want to fight a bear. Maybe a small one and work my way up, but still.
  • edited October 2011
    About that bear. I don't know how serious about it in Yosemite they are, but if you haven't make sure a park ranger has been informed. Other parks at the very least have to take out bears that learn to scavenge from people.
    Also you think bears don't give a fuck about cars? Try bison, they will pull a lot of the same shit on roads but will also actively attack cars.
    Post edited by Shiam on
  • That said, it's your own goddamn fault for leaving it in your tent. Food goes in the bearboxes when you're in bear country.
  • That said, it's your own goddamn fault for leaving it in your tent. Food goes in the bearboxes when you're in bear country.
    Not even bearboxes are safe enough. Bear cans stored AWAY from the fucking campsite.
    Not even bearboxes are safe enough. Bear cans stored AWAY from the fucking campsite.
    And hung from a goddamn tree.
  • edited October 2011
    That said, it's your own goddamn fault for leaving it in your tent. Food goes in the bearboxes when you're in bear country.
    And hung from a goddamn tree.
    This guy knows. Listen to him.

I mean, seriously, Luke: Chocolate in bear country? Bears rip doors off of pickup trucks effortlessly. They are giant, marauding, godless killing machines.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I mean, seriously, Luke: Chocolate in bear country?
    That's like rule #2.

Rule #1 is not chasing bears you run into and poking them with sticks. Rule #2 is never bringing chocolate into bear country. Rule #3 is putting all food in bear balls and storing it away from the campsite.
  • Bears have a god. And a king.
  • I mean, seriously, Luke: Chocolate in bear country?
    Hey, ease up on a brother. The most dangerous thing where He comes from are chavs, and it's not like Americans don't try to hug the shit out of everything down here when they show up. It's not something he's had to think about that often, you can't be too harsh on him for not knowing or forgetting.
  • Guys, I know about the rules. I forgot about the chocolate bars, that's all. I won't forget again.
  • Guys, I know about the rules. I forgot about the chocolate bars, that's all. I won't forget again.
    Of course you won't, because now your chocolate is inside a bear.
  • The most dangerous thing where He comes from are chavs
    Last night, we were walking down Northumberland street; my Chinese friend Andy was in the group. We were all conversing loudly; it was quite evident that we were all American. This chav walks by, sees Andy, and inexplicably starts going "Ni Hao, Ni Hao" over and over and over again. We passed him up, and Andy simply said, "Gotta be honest: I've never gotten that one before." We all laughed.

It was the saddest, most pathetic, and most bizarre example of ineffectual racism I've ever seen. Fucking chavs.
    But don't despair - as has been pointed out, you can find Ritter Sport in some grocery stores. My local Price Chopper carries it in their International section.
    But don't despair - as has been pointed out, you can find Ritter Sport in some grocery stores. My local Price Chopper carries it in their International section.
    They have it on the Impulse Racks at Trader Joe's. You can find Kinder bars in some places, too. Goddamn, I loves me some Kinder Riegel.
  • edited October 2011
    I was unimpressed with Ritter Sport. It's good chocolate, sure, but there are perfectly fine artisanal American chocolates that I like more.

Never tried Kinder Riegel.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • It is better than any chocolate I've ever tasted in America. That was my main criteria for bringing it with me.

Alas, now it is inside a bear.