This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Alas, now it is inside a bear.
    Go kill that fucker and get it back!
    It is better than any chocolate I've ever tasted in America.
    You must've had some shitty chocolate then. We've got good stuff here - it's just not Hershey's.
  • edited October 2011
    it's just not Hershey's.
    I think some of Hershey's specialty chocolate is actually really good, but yeah their standard chocolate is lame.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • But don't despair - as has been pointed out, you can find Ritter Sport in some grocery stores. My local Price Chopper carries it in their International section.
    Yes, NYC has good choco. You can go into most bodegas or K delis and find really good chocolate. They have German brands a lot.
    Also, guess what I had the other day? Jaffa Cakes, hahaha!
  • I just got sponsored for a month of TotalFark.
  • I just got sponsored for a month of TotalFark.
    Did a bear sponsor you?
  • Did a bear sponsor you?
    It was a bribe for the Tip-off about the chocolate in a camera bag...
  • Yes, NYC has good choco. You can go into most bodegas or K delis and find really good chocolate.
    What's with that? The best chocolate I've found in NYC was in a bodega.
  • edited October 2011
    Fail: Went to a European club tonight. A man pissed on my leg and the bathroom attendant elbowed me viciously so I'd give him a tip even though all he did was turn on the faucet and give me some soap and paper towel. The bar dancers were visibly blasted, probably on crystal or some other upper.

Booh-yah: Went to another club afterwards. The attendant was a stoned rasta who didn't care that I couldn't tip him, shook my hand, and said "It's not all about the money, man! Jah say One Love!" I took care of a beautiful girl by bringing her kleenex and Screwdrivers. We danced for hours and she kept kissing me on the cheek.

I feel like my night was torn out of a Yoni Wolf song.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Went to a European club tonight. A man pissed on my leg and the bathroom attendant elbowed me viciously so I'd give him a tip even though all he did was turn on the faucet and give me some soap and paper towel. The bar dancers were visibly blasted, probably on crystal or some other upper.
    Should have warned you about that - If people think you're American, some less scrupulous people will try to extract a tip from you. Only do so if they provide exceptional service, because unlike the US, in the UK, if they're employed there to do a job, they're paid decently for it, and tipping is not strictly necessary.
  • edited October 2011
    Boo-Yah: Had an amazing time tonight with a friend I connected with through my brother. Hung out with three people, having a fantastic chilled night eating pizza, writing up D&D Character Sheets, sampling some Bacon Chocolate Bar Bits (Vosges!), and it ended on an improptu trip to Wal-Mart to make our own Booster Draft.

Secondary Boo-Yah: Kicked ass in the draft, due to getting a Creepy Doll and Cackling Counterpart.

Fail: Have to keep this all hidden from my brother, because the group was getting a little tired of his superiority complex plus how he gets into arguments with me. He was defined as being a "Munchkin" player by D&D Standards, where as a DM, he expects you to play as smart as him or as a player, he wants to be able to do EVERYTHING. So if he finds out and gets mad, he'll get some harsh talks from everyone.

In response to Luke, I feel bad, because the bear CAME INSIDE HIS CABIN. I think anyone of you guys would be praying that the bear ignores you and just takes like you own.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Today's SMBC has an interesting take on bear attacks
  • Boo-Yah - People supported me when I made something cool.

Fail - I had a good run, for a week and a half. Then some other dude with a bigger wallet and an existing business selling t-shirts comes in with the same thing, and stomps me the fuck out of existence. Yeah, I know, that's business, the biggest wallet wins, not the best product, but while I'm intellectually neutral about it, it doesn't feel so great. A bit tactless that his response to being told someone else was already doing it was to tout the fact he'll be at New York Comic Con selling them.
  • Wow. Weak.
    Pissweak. It also wasn't particularly...polite of him to say, essentially, "Oh well, you're in Australia, it's not like there will be any competition, will there?"

Yeah, Pretty sure the majority of my customers would disagree, considering they're in the US, Canada and the UK.
  • Post the exchange on Reddit so he gets some nasty publicity. /r/Doctorwho would likely have your back.
  • edited October 2011
    /r/Doctorwho would likely have your back.
    That's where he's trying to sell them. Top post in the thread - "Someone else here is already doing that, they're high quality and a nice price, here's the link."

I know his process already, from what he's described - He's doing sublimation printing on aluminum backed plastic, by printing on the substrate and then putting it under a heat-press, which is more complex and has more points of failure than my process, which is all handled directly by my printer - which sublimates directly and then adds a protective layer. My badges are - not that I mean offense to the guy - objectively better. But I am speaking out of mild annoyance, somewhat - I'm not the happiest of campers right now.

Of course, while I had the tact not to advertise directly in the thread - someone else already linked my product, and it's sitting at the top of the thread - but that doesn't mean I'm foolish. I've already Private messaged everyone in that thread who expressed an interest a short friendly message and a link to my product - I've already had one positive response, and no doubt more will be forthcoming.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Fail. : My plans with Nikki didn't pan out tonight

Booh-yah: I have rum!

Booh-yah 2: We're gonna get drunk/ watch Paprika and Skins Monday night.
  • edited October 2011
    Booh-yah 2: We're gonna get drunk/ watch Paprika and Skins Monday night.
    You could be hardcore and match Skins drink for drink/drug for drug.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Booh-yah 2: We're gonna get drunk/ watch Paprika and Skins Monday night.
    You could be hardcore and match Skins drink for drink/drug for drug.
    If I had a death wish.
  • Do it babby mode and just match one character =P
  • Do it babby mode and just match one character =P
    Evie.
  • Thieves stole a work ladder I kept in the backyard. It was my cousins work ladder. He isn't going to be very pleased about it. A few months ago they stole his kayak as well.
  • Fail: I ended up working about a full extra day over the weekend.
    Boo-Yah: I get an extra half day of vacation.

Kind of doesn't seem like it would be fair, but considering that I was working from home over the weekend.. I think it's fair.
  • Not really a fail or a boo-yah, but it does make me sad/happy.

So, I've mentioned it plenty of times on here, but Rock Band (and Guitar Hero in the PS2 days) has been one of my favorite things to do for years, and has honestly been a huge factor in me joining a band that I love being a part of. My forte has always been drums, though I'm pretty damn good at the guitar as well (mostly plastic one, slowly learning the real one). I've had three different drum sets, including nice ones, that have served me well. The first two sets have been broken for a long while and are enjoying their time in a dump somewhere. The nice set has been faithful for years, but has recently gotten to the point where the amount of wear and tear have made playing on them more frustrating than fun. Today, I tore the set down and deposited it for its own trip to the dump.

It makes me a little sad because this is essentially the end of something I've done and enjoyed for over three years, and it's not very likely I'll be getting back into it again. But on the plus side, it does free up a lot of room in my small apartment, and now I'll be forced to move on and do other things (like get better at guitar).

TL;DR - Not able to do a favorite hobby any longer, but makes room for another hobby to take its place.
  • Fail: Up till 4:30am making sure my flatmate didn't aspirate and die. Checked her respiratory rate twice to make sure I didn't need to call paramedics.
    Booh-yah: She's alive, so that's something.
  • Rock Band (and Guitar Hero in the PS2 days) has been one of my favorite things to do for years, and has honestly been a huge factor in me joining a band that I love being a part of.
    It makes me a little sad because this is essentially the end of something I've done and enjoyed for over three years, and it's not very likely I'll be getting back into it again.
    Why not buy a nice roland/whatever-brand-tickles-you electronic drum kit and use it to play real drums and play rockband?
  • Fail: Up till 4:30am making sure my flatmate didn't aspirate and die. Checked her respiratory rate twice to make sure I didn't need to call paramedics.
    You are a consumate doctor.
    You are a consumate doctor.
    It'll be another seven years. For now, I'm just an asshole with a watch who knows some stuff.
  • Why not buy a nice roland/whatever-brand-tickles-you electronic drum kit and use it to play real drums and play rockband?
    Significant money investment that I can't make right now and I don't have the space for such a thing. I honestly do intend to get a nice electronic drum kit at some point, but by the time that happens, I doubt I'll really care about playing it with Rock Band any longer, and I'll just make music with it instead. But who knows, I do know that when that time comes, it will be an option at least.
  • Boo-yah: Finally have internet in my room!

Fail: After more than three weeks of waiting for it to be fixed.