This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Say Something Nice About the Poster Above You

Comments

• WHAT HE SAID:
    THE FOLLOWING DOESN'T COUNT FOR THE CONTEXT FOR THIS THREAD AS I'VE BEEN HOGGING IT:
    Your's sounds like the coolest guy in an awesome '50's movie. The only way it could be more awesome is if you actually have ever said "You're crusin' for a brusin'" in context.
    I said that while my mom was in cruise control and generally trying to freak me out by pretending to swerve, does that count?That does, in fact, count.
  • I'M ONE OFF-TOPIC FUCKER:
    WHAT HE SAID:
    THE FOLLOWING DOESN'T COUNT FOR THE CONTEXT FOR THIS THREAD AS I'VE BEEN HOGGING IT:
    Your's sounds like the coolest guy in an awesome '50's movie. The only way it could be more awesome is if you actually have ever said "You're crusin' for a brusin'" in context.
    I said that while my mom was in cruise control and generally trying to freak me out by pretending to swerve, does that count?That does, in fact, count.Awesome. I'm gonna draw myself as Joshua "JukeBoxJosh" later tonight.
  • Uh...curly hair. It's so...CUTE! I CAN'T GET OVER IT!
  • You've opened my mind to the joys of DC chili.
  • You're totally awesome and I think we probably have a lot in common. Looking forward to meeting you if our paths ever cross, which seems pretty likely.
  • You're totally awesome and I think we probably have a lot in common. Looking forward to meeting you if our paths ever cross, which seems pretty likely.
  • edited November 2010
    @Yosho:
    You're totally awesome and I think we probably have a lot in common. Looking forward to meeting you again if our paths ever cross, which seems prettyless likely than I'd like.
    @WUB:
    You're totally awesome and I think we probably have a lot in common. Looking forward to meeting you if our paths ever cross, which seems pretty likely.
    @Sail:
    You're totally awesome and I think we probably have a lot in common. Looking forward to meeting you if our paths ever cross, which seems prettynot quite so likely, unfortunately.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Well played.
  • Aside: The fact that my odds of meeting (and living near, in at least two out of three cases) the West Coasters, East Coasters, and the Australians of the board makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
  • I like birds!
  • You like birds!
  • We all like birds
  • fuck you

-------i hate birds
    but youre

------------------a-ok

ee cummings
  • edited November 2010
    ee cummings

was a hac.k
    read ":{ some byron

however

being
    able to make
    that joke

indicates that you are

a smart and cultured
    guy.
    -me
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • edited November 2010
    @ Geo
    Your enthusiasm for everything is inspiring, and lifts my spirits on many occasions.

Also, side note - The song "I like Birds" is about a man who hates pretty much every other person on the planet, and prefers the company of birds.

@WindUpBird - Your intelligence, maturity, and drive are admirable.

@Progshell - as Windupbird said, your taste in poetry is very good.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2010
    e e cummings is the first poet who's work I memorized. I think it was "pity this busy monster, manunkind, not..." which was a forward in Tad Williams' Otherland series. I was a strange kid in elementary school.

EDIT: Eep! Churba, you startled me there, what with your fast posting and all. Truly, words cannot describe how awesome you are, and your contributions to this forum are varied and fantastic. I hope that, some day, we may sit on a veranda and smoke pipes together.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • edited November 2010
    @progSHELL: Byron is the business. You have damn good taste in poetry.
    @YoshoKatana: There's just too much awesome in you for fate to allow me to comment but once on how totally kickass you are. You've got lots of ambition and drive, and I really admire that.

On cummings: "She being Brand-new" is one of my favorite poems ever. Dude liked cars. And apparently sex.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • You're pretty brilliant.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2010
    @ Geo
    Your enthusiasm for everything is inspiring, and lifts my spirits on many occasions.
    Thanks, I really appreciate that. My motto is paraphrased from a line in Barrie's "Peter and Wendy". "Life seems like an awfully big adventure". Just think of life as an adventure and meet it head on. Trust me, in that adventure there are times when I've felt like a pile of shit (going through heartbreak, losing family members, and very stressful and emotionally trying situations) and times when I've felt like a rock-star (prom night, finishing my first movie, and people recognizing me from the local news and talking to me about it). So go out and celebrate living and live life to the fullest. Essentially, every day you're here, you've won the day. However don't take it to a freakish extreme and exclusively feel only happiness or sadness that some people I know do.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Talking to you forever ago on the GeekChat was awesome. It gave me loads of insight and general good feelings, and considering my recent emotional state, I couldn't, and still can't, thank you for just talking to me. I hope to meet you some day.
  • edited December 2010
    You are a young'n, but you've got tons of potential. (You can take it over from here, Courage Wolf.)

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You are an awesome person in practically every way and I would love to hang out with you the next time I'm on the West Coast.
  • You're a cutie-pie. Num-num-num.
  • edited December 2010
    You are such a cool and interesting person and I can't wait to meet you at PAX East! You are going, right?

@ Li_Akahi PAX East?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You're a pretty classy dude.
  • I'm so glad that you turned Hobotopia into a webcomic. It's awesome-- and by extension you are awesome for creating it in the first place!
  • @ Li_Akahi PAX East?
    Probably not, I won't have enough money to get from NC to Boston, get into the con, and get a hotel room.
  • I like that hat.
  • You're a righteous dude. You've given me the opportunity to resurrect this thread which is awesome as well.
  • edited May 2011
    You're a bad enough dude to rescue the president from ninjas.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on