This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Say Something Nice About the Poster Above You

Comments

• You are one of the most awesomely metal people I have had the pleasure of knowing.
  • edited May 2011
    Your knowledge of everything Disney is quite astounding and also intimidating.

Edit: @Luke, you said it in the podcast. You had a bit of an accent which is cool.

@Axel
    We may have our disagreements, but your courage to post the stuff you have in the Dating thread and reading the crap we have given you, yet you come back and show what you have learned says that you do have courage and confidence in yourself. That or you're just a masochist. =P
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Your honesty and maturity about everything is a perfect example of why I do come back to these forums: You are people who don't discriminate or hate people unless they bring it upon themselves. You all show it in a difficult way, but the community here can't be beat. You are one of the people who best demonstrates this.
  • You've been in a pretty shit situation lately, and for that you have my sympathy. However, especially lately, it seems that you've been handling it in, basically, the *most* mature way possible. In a nutshell, you are looking out for yourself. I cannot possibly express how many people I know right now who can not seem to look out for themselves no matter what, so you are basically a god among men.
  • edited May 2011
    your a pretty cool guy i guess No, for seriously, you're pretty cool. You're one of the most mature and simultaneously awesome friends I have.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • I think Trogdor is a pretty cool guy. eh posts accordion-related things on my Facebook wall and doesnt afraid of anything.
  • You have the best tastes in music - enlighten me
  • edited May 2011
    @Sail - You're a damned good musician, you have your own record label - how fucking cool is that, not many people can whip out business cards with that on it - and you're an all around top bloke, and have been the whole time I've known you.

@ProfPangloss - You're a very, very brave man, and If I had an ounce of the bravery you do, I'd be twice as brave by measure.

Also, Skip me, next post person - I don't need to be complimented, we've had enough of that, and considering how the last six or seven minutes have been spent in other threads tearing strips off people - mostly rubin - not the most deserving, either. Hit someone else up, spread the love elsewhere. We're good here for the moment.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Dibs on the next compliment.
  • Fuck your meta shit.
  • edited May 2011
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Alrighty then, let's push it along - I know someone who deserves a compliment or three, It's Rubin.

Yeah, Scott shits me off. A lot. He's arrogant, stubborn to a fault, and is so used to feeling like the smartest person in the room that it makes you want to strangle him.

But, He's arrogant, because he's very fucking good at much of what he does and quite often, he's damn well earned it. He's stubborn, but without that tenacity - even if it is sometimes misplaced - he'd not be nearly as successful or competent as he is in many fields, and he's one seriously masterful motherfucker in much of what he does. He's so used to feeling like the smartest person in the room because quite often, he is. He's generous to an almost eccentric degree, even to me, one of his harshest critics, and when it comes to technology, board games, Conventions, those sorts of things, I'd damn near take his word as gospel, as he's right a hell of a lot more often than he's wrong. I'd trust him with my personal tech, because beside that I know he wouldn't be malicious or careless enough to fuck it up, I know he's got the skill and knowledge to probably run half my kit better than I do. Sure, he's lacking in some more practical skills, but it's not really anything that hampers him, and I'm confident that with his ability to learn quickly and work things out, many things he could be easily taught if he needed to learn it.

As much as his analogies are often misguided and warped, he really does have a talent for explaining complex things in such a way that a layperson can get a good handle on what he's on about - I've learned quite a bit from listening to him speak over the years, and if he wasn't a good lecturer, he wouldn't be half of the rapidly growing Geeknights brand - I mean, how many people here can deny he can run a filthy good panel, even when he's flying solo.

Like I said before, he's aggravating, and I tear into him quite a bit, But I've got a massive amount of respect for the man, and it's been a consistent honor to interact with him all this time, despite our frequent disagreements, and my frequent willingness to give him both barrels.

To use something that HungryJoe reminded me of the other day - Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.
  • You are among the coolest people I know. We're gonna do so much awesome once you get here.
  • You've got a kickass radio voice and a killer podcast (I was listening to the last couple FNPLs while studying the other night, and it's great stuff), and I've got to give you props for your car and RC knowledge. You're an all-around cool guy, and I'd love to hang out with you sometime.
  • Thanks for taking over FNPL duties!
  • You are my favorite juggler and have good skills at making music too.
  • I keep thinking your avatar is the vault boy from Fallout, which makes me happy because the Fallout universe is pretty awesome.
  • edited May 2011
    @Neito Ive seen you around the forums and I have never ever had beef with you. You are an awesome person and very even keeled. You dont seem to ever get upset or angry at someone saying stupid shit (and I say lots of stupid shit) I think that you are also a very handsome young lady and one day your prince will come.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • edited May 2011
    You can be pretty funny, though half the time, I absolutely disagree with what you're saying. Still, your name doesn't incite any negative emotion, so that's great!

Constant Disagreement + Fun Posts - Negative Feelings = Good FRC Forum Poster!
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Let's get this party started again!

You're username always makes me think of the Venture Brothers, which is one of my favourite shows.
  • edited February 2012
    YEEEEEES. TPBM, say something nice about me!

Oh, and TPAM's cool for reminding me about this thread.

INB4 DICKS/COCKS/PENIS
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • You're my favorite asshole.
  • You're my favorite West Coaster, and I can't wait to game with you at PAX East this year.
  • Your screen name makes me think of a love child from Link and Luigi. ^_^
  • Dib avatar. Need I say more?
  • You're an awesome musician.
  • edited February 2012
    You are completely awesome (and will be even more awesome if you come to Otakon).

^intended for Sail

@Cielmort: You're a pretty damn awesome guitar player!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • You've been around for as long as I remember, and when I think of members in the FRCF, you are one of the first that comes to mind!
  • Who awesome. You're awesome!