This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• Paging Dr. Freud.
  • Watched Inception again with Emily, who had never seen it.

It's a damn solid heist movie with fantastic acting and gorgeous environments. I had completely forgotten my favorite line in the whole movie:

"I really wanted to see what would happen in there."
  • Watched Inception again with Emily, who had never seen it.

It's a damn solid heist movie with fantastic acting and gorgeous environments. I had completely forgotten my favorite line in the whole movie:

"I really wanted to see what would happen in there."
    relevant follow up to watching Inception
  • Rango is weird, really weird. Very enjoyable nonetheless.
  • Arietty was very enjoyable. Didn't dethrone any of my Miyazaki favorites, but definitely a well done movie.
  • Saw Chronicle. BEST AMERICA ADAPTATION OF AKIRA EVER!
  • Saw Chronicle. BEST AMERICA ADAPTATION OF AKIRA EVER!
    Actually this is.

• Nicolas Cage is The Flaming Skeleton 2 is a wonderful movie filled with acting that sadly peaks about halfway through.
  • edited February 2012
    Saw Chronicle. BEST AMERICA ADAPTATION OF AKIRA EVER!
    I would have preferred this

(Actually, no)
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • 30 Days of Night was fucking awful and presented the concept of, "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster," with all the subtly of a jackhammer entering an audience member's skull.
  • Just watched Senna, I've been waiting for it to become available on Netflix and this week it was added to their DVD shipping AND streaming. What an amazingly well made documentary about a significant driver in the history of Formula 1.

I appreciated that there wasn't too much talking & narration, they let the subjects and events speak for themselves. I was particularly impressed with the way they allowed the major dramatic events/moments play themselves out, it allows the viewer to get immersed in what is happening without annoying commentary or jarring editing.
  • Just watched Senna, I've been waiting for it to become available on Netflix and this week it was added to their DVD shipping AND streaming. What an amazingly well made documentary about a significant driver in the history of Formula 1.

I appreciated that there wasn't too much talking & narration, they let the subjects and events speak for themselves. I was particularly impressed with the way they allowed the major dramatic events/moments play themselves out, it allows the viewer to get immersed in what is happening without annoying commentary or jarring editing.
    This has been on my list. I really want to see those old cars flying around the track.
  • Senna was the best movie of last year, in my opinion.
  • I just saw Your Highness, and it was pretty funny to me, but then again, I always love mid-evil-ish movies and comedies. The small, little details throughout the film really made it hilarious to me, for example, when the Wizard says jumping when he jumps or when the virgin girl is twisting the knobs on Prince Fabius's armor.

Favorite line - Wizard "Trust me, I've tested it multiple times. And if your vagina is anything like my hand, there will be no problem"
  • Rampart was shit. There was excellent acting, camerawork, character development (though ONLY with the main character), and dialogue, but it was almost entirely devoid of any cogent plot and was entirely anti-climactic.

I want my seven pounds back.
  • I just watched Tango & Cash with some friends on Netflix streaming. Boo for it being a 4:3 print, but ye Gods that movie is insane. Watch it before it expires with the rest of Starz Play just to say you've seen it, if nothing else.
  • I want to see "The Chef of South Polar." My dad watched it on the plane from Japan and he and my mom loved it, but they can't find subtitles.
  • I want to see "The Chef of South Polar." My dad watched it on the plane from Japan and he and my mom loved it, but they can't find subtitles.
    This should do.
  • I liked Role Models a lot more than I expected to, and I'm pretty sure it's only because of Paul Rudd. I just love watching that guy go.
  • I haven't seen Star Wars in a couple of years and it might be interesting to try watching them in The Machete Order.
  • I haven't seen Star Wars in a couple of years and it might be interesting to try watching them in The Machete Order.
    Ooh, I want to try that.
    That is brilliant.

Yeah, I read that a few days ago, posted it on facebook, and had a long conversation with my girlfriend about it. I'm going to try to do a fan edit of episode 1 that will fit into this viewing order as best as possible.
  • Man, Hollywood was on a major nostalgia kick this year. Just watched Midnight in Paris and I feel like it's in my top 3 for the year.
  • GeoGeo
    edited February 2012
    For the second episode of Cage Rage, I decided to watch a movie that does not have Nicolas Cage in it. We'll be doing a few Cage-less episodes in order to get used to podcasting. I decided to watch a movie I had been meaning to get to for years: Escape from New York.

I'm not an action movie person at all and I've only deliberately seen a couple action movies such as the Crank Series and Die Hard 1. I mainly saw this movie because John Carpenter directed it. I hafta say, I really, really liked this movie a whole lot! I really like the science-fiction elements present in it, the lighting & cinematography are lush and vibrant, the action scenes are sparse and exciting when they occur, and the performances are awesome. I'll be having a lot of fun talking about this on the show.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • But...but...but now it's not really Cage Rage.
  • We don't want to waste more prime Cage-related content than we already have.
  • Snake lands atop the World Trade Center in a glider. Nuff said.