This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• The film heavily features that.
  • The film heavily features that.
    Keep in mind, you didn't have to PAY to look at that picture. Isn't keep that 9 dollars in your pocket nice? ^_^
  • Stand By Me was a good choice. One of the girls who came over is young and doesn't seem to have seen any movies, and has no idea about any directors or the history of cinema. The movie night was the first in a "Teach Ellie about good movies" series, and a Rob Reiner film is a good place to start. I also rented Rear Window, but I'll just watch that by myself tomorrow.
  • Man, I don't know if it means I'm gay or what, but I really would've preferred that they replace Megan Fox with another robot, gratuitous ass shot and heavy breathing notwithstanding. Hell, even if she were naked throughout the entire movie, another robot still would've been better.

I'm going to be watching Zombieland in the not-too-distant future. I'm expecting epic.
  • Zombieland is pretty great.
  • I watched Highlander the other day. Never saw it before -- possibly put off by seeing Highlander II on TV in high school. Pretty enjoyable movie, despite some inevitable 80s turbo-cheese. It hints at a lot more going on behind the scenes than it actually gets into, which I guess is why there have been so many sequels and spinoffs.
  • I watched Highlander the other day. Never saw it before -- possibly put off by seeing Highlander II on TV in high school. Pretty enjoyable movie, despite some inevitable 80s turbo-cheese. It hints at a lot more going on behind the scenes than it actually gets into, which I guess is why there have been so many sequels and spinoffs.
  • @Windupbird -- that's amazing.
  • edited March 2010
    Zombieland is pretty great.
    It's not a deep movie, but it's nice, solid action with a couple of hooks to set it apart from others in the genre. At first I thought Bill Murray won, but by the end sequence I was 100 percent in favor of Woody Harrelson and his amusement park antics. That said, it remains a notch beneath Shawn of the Dead.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Man, I don't know if it means I'm gay or what, but I really would've preferred that they replace Megan Fox with another robot,,,
    I do believe that would make you a Robo-Sexual...

• WOAH-OH-OH-AH-AH-AH-AAAA-HA-AH-AH-AH
    3:47 is my favorite part. Stolen from one of the youtube comments.
  • I have Zombieland in my Netflix que but it says long wait...

The plot and most of the acting was crap in Transformers 2 but I knew that going in. I just wanted to see some awesome CGI and robot fight scenes.
  • I just wanted to see some awesome CGI and robot fight scenes.
    The main question is, did you get what you were looking for?
  • I finished watching Goldfinger. I hadn't seen it in over three years. Still the best James Bond movie in history, no argument.
  • Alice in Wonderland was pretty good.
  • I just watched the Matrix. For the first time.
    Cool, what'd you think?
  • I watched Rear Window last night. It's still one of my fovourite movies ever. I just love how Lisa keeps appearing out of nowhere kiss Jeff.
  • edited March 2010
    I just watched Big Fish in class a couple minutes ago. It was an awesome movie. I'm usually so-so on Tim Burton, but this time he really hit it out of the park. Five Thumbs up!! Two Stars!!.....Wait....
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • I watched Rear Window last night. It's still one of my fovourite movies ever. I just love how Lisa keeps appearing out of nowhere kiss Jeff.
    Me too. Such a great film...
    I just watched Big Fish in class a couple minuets ago. It was an awesome movie. I'm usually so-so on Tim Burton, but this time he really hit it out of the park. Five Thumbs up!! Two Stars!!.....Wait....
    You got to listen to the minuet a couple of times...kidding. That too is one of my favorite Tim Burton movies because it isn't like anything else he has done.
  • You got to listen to the minuet a couple of times...kidding.
    Dammit! I always get minuet and minute mixed up. I guess I'd better edit it now...
  • Today I watched "The Hurt Locker". It is nice to see a war movie that focuses more on it's story and doesn't get bogged down in a preachy pro or anti-war message.
    Cool, what'd you think?
    I practically knew the whole story since people make so many references to it. It was an amazing movie, but at times I could practically say the lines of characters during pivotal scenes because I knew them already.
  • at times I could practically say the lines of characters during pivotal scenes because I knew them already.
    Whoa.
  • I practically knew the whole story since people make so many references to it.
    Then you probably also know not to watch the rest of them, right?
  • I practically knew the whole story since people make so many references to it.
    From what I've heard, I'm not touching them with a 10 foot pole.
    What you mean rest of them. There is only one Matrix movie, and don't dare to try and tell me otherwise.
  • Saw Alice In Wonderland last night. It was sooo meh.
  • This evening I watched Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark. Still awesome.
  • The Transporter is a Jason Statham movie where Jason Statham drives a car and kills people.