This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• Saw Iron Man 2 after putting it off so much.

I regret not seeing it with a crowd, because I would of definitely had a better time with a packed/fuller theater. It was good, but not as good as the the first one. Tony Stark is a dick and all that romantic bullcrap with Pepper Potts was pointless. Sam Rockwell and Don Cheadle get my praise more in this film. Action was cool for the most part. It should of had more Iron Man/War Machine Double Team Supreme Time than anything else.
  • edited May 2010
    - Crank 1
    - Crank 2: High Voltage
    - Mad Max
    - Mad Max: The Road Warriors
    - District 9
    - Strange Days
    - The Hurt Locker
    - The Wicker Man (2006 Starting Nichols Cage)
    - Super Bad
    - Hot Fuzz
    - A Scanner Darkly
    - The Warriors (1979)
    - Rebuild of Eva 1.0 You Are Not Alone.
    - Blazing Saddles
    - Pineapple Express
    - Vexile
    - Shawn of the Dead
    - Tropic Thunder

I'm not gonna be able to watch much over the summer since I don't have the student file sharing network at my disposal.
    Post edited by Helljumper on
  • - Crank 1
    - Crank 2: High Voltage
    Most excellent choice of cinema there, good ser.

- The Wicker Man (2006 Starting Nicholas Cage)
    OH GOD, NOT THE BEES!
    That movie was atrociously awful.
    I'm not gonna be able to watch much over the summer since I don't have the student file sharing network at my disposal.
    As long as you have the internet, there is a way.

• - The Wicker Man (2006 Starting Nicholas Cage)
    OH GOD, NOT THE BEES!
    HOW'D IT GET BURNED!? HOW'D IT GET BURNED!? FALCON PAWNCH!

OH GOD, NOT THE BEES!
    I'm in a bear suit.
  • I'm not gonna be able to watch much over the summer since I don't have the student file sharing network at my disposal.
    As long as you have the internet, there is a way.Not when your internet sucks ass :(

OH GOD, NOT THE BEES!
    I'm in a bear suit.
    Killing me won't bring back your damn honey!
  • edited May 2010
    Recently watched a movie that Nic Cage wasn't horrible in, that movie being The Rock. It was pretty much as good as everyone said it was.

Also watched the five hour epic that is Red Cliff. It is definitely very Woo-ish, but I had a lot of fun with it.

EDIT: Just finished Ong-Bak. Not a great movie, even for its genre, but I loved it all the same. Tricycle chase!
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • That movie was atrociously awful.
    Marry Me.
  • Recently watched a movie that Nic Cage wasn't horrible in, that movie beingThe Rock.
    I love the Rock. What's weird about Nic Cage, though, is that he is actually a good actor. He just chooses some of the shittiest roles that any actor could possibly choose. He needs a better agent.
    I think his hair piece sucks up his talent. He should go bald for a movie so this can be proven.
  • Recently watched a movie that Nic Cage wasn't horrible in, that movie beingThe Rock. It was pretty much as good as everyone said it was.
    It's basically the last and greatest movie in its genre: the overdramatic 90s action flick. More modern action movies have a very different feel, and earlier ones lack polish. The Rock was a culmination. In watching it, you can see an entire genre come to fruition. No need to watch lesser similar movies.
  • Recently watched a movie that Nic Cage wasn't horrible in, that movie beingThe Rock.
    I love the Rock. What's weird about Nic Cage, though, is that he is actually a good actor. He just chooses some of the shittiest roles that any actor could possibly choose. He needs a better agent.
    I think his hair piece sucks up his talent. He should go bald for a movie so this can be proven.
    He's just like Ben Affleck (coughgiglicough), he's a great actor (Chasing Amy or Dogma anybody?) but he chooses shitty movies to be in.
  • It's basically the last and greatest movie in its genre: the overdramatic 90s action flick. More modern action movies have a very different feel, and earlier ones lack polish. The Rock was a culmination. In watching it, you can see an entire genre come to fruition. No need to watch lesser similar movies.
    Woah woah woah chief. Better than Demolition Man? I'll grant you that The Rock was a better movie overall, but Demolition Man is easily the pinnacle of ridiculous action movies.
  • ...is easily the pinnacle of ridiculous action movies.
    AND Taco Bell movie promotions!!!

I submit that Last Action Hero was far more ridiculous then either of those two movies.
  • I've always meant to see Demolition Man.
  • Better thanDemolition Man? I'll grant you thatThe Rockwas a better movie overall, butDemolition Manis easily the pinnacle of ridiculous action movies.
    I'd say ridiculous action movies are a separate genre from overdramatic ones. Remember that scene in The Rock when the Seals attempt their action? That desperately dramatic score throughout the gunfight? How about Nic Cage falling on his knees with the flares?
  • Man, you guys have me craving to watch both movies. I have various scenes and lines going off in my head.

Mason: Are you sure you're ready for this? [walks up staircase]
    Goodspeed: I'll do my best.
    Mason: [stops and motions back to Goodspeed] Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!
    Goodspeed: Carla was the prom queen.
    Mason: [faintly impressed] Really?
    Goodspeed: [Cocks his gun] Yeah!

I'll say that The Rock is overdramatic as most Michael Bay films are and Demolition Man is ridiculous, but both in a good way.

I remember watching The Rock for the first time and that speech Gen. Hummel gives in the beginning to the other special ops military guys comparing themselves to Jefferson and Adams as being called traitors at first then patriots later in history. Or the stand off with the Navy Seals saying they won't stand down. It put a lump in my throat. It doesn't anymore, but it's another movie I don't mind watching over and over again.
  • How about Nic Cage falling on his knees with the flares?
    Hm, I see your point. They're both over-the-top, but in decidedly different ways.

Actually, the new Iron Man movies are probably the closest in spirit to that 90's over-the-top action movie genre.
  • Actually, the newIron Manmovies are probably the closest in spirit to that 90's over-the-top action movie genre.
    Yea, I would agree with that.
  • edited May 2010
    Started The Salute of Jugger.
    Post edited by zombie a gogo on
    Marry Me.
  • edited May 2010
    That movie was atrociously awful.
    Marry Me.
    Maeby...
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • MacGruber was incredibly stupid but funny at the same time.
    So...like Wayne's World then?
    Marry Me.
    Well, if you insist.
    God, I thought it was just stupid. I hated every minute of it.
    Not quite as funny or quotable as Wayne's World.
    Not quite as funny or quotable as Wayne's World.
    Why are you even comparing the two (other than the fact that they both were derived from SNL)?
  • ...the fact that they both were derived from SNL
    This reason.
  • ...the fact that they both were derived from SNL
    Thisreason.
    What about level of humor?