This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What movie have you seen recently?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Sandworms of Dune.

edit

Did yous guys knows that Mario directed movies?

I am watching The Raggedy Rawney right now. Mario directed it and stared in it. Pretty good.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • The Lion King in 3D was totally worth it.
  • The reviews haven't been that good, but I really liked The Weird World of Blowfly. Solid documentary.
  • Drive is a goddamn amazing movie. A slow paced, contemplative action/revenge movie with an awesome soundtrack and great acting. Not for the squeamish, though.
  • The reviews haven't been that good, but I really liked The Weird World of Blowfly. Solid documentary.
    I sooooooooo want to see that movie.
  • edited September 2011
    The reviews haven't been that good, but I really liked The Weird World of Blowfly. Solid documentary.
    I sooooooooo want to see that movie.
    I resorted to renting it off iTunes cuz I wanted to see it really bad too.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited September 2011
    I wish Super 8 had been about a bunch of kids making a short film. On the other hand, I could just rewatch Son of Rambow.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Watched the Departed. Pretty good, but then towards the ending it kinda spiraled downwards awkwardly. It was almost like they had a bunch of alternate endings planned, and they combined two of the bad choices together.

Going to watch 13 assassins on Netflix streaming. Takashi Miike and rated 5 stars on Netflix. My body is ready.
  • Watched the 2005 remake of Reefer Madness. It was pretty funny. I wouldn't watch it by myself, it's more of a group movie.
  • edited September 2011
    Just got back from watching Warrior. Although the storyline is nothing new, the performances by Tom Hardy, Joel Edgerton, and Nick Nolte were so emotional and visceral. I am really looking forward to seeing Tom Hardy at Bane in Batman Rises.

This was quite possibly one of the best movies released this year that I've seen.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited September 2011
    A Single Man was very well shot and directed, had great writing, and the acting was very good. The way they chose to end the movie was possibly the worst decision I've seen in a while though. It made me not like the entire film and I felt like it was a waste watching it solely because of the last two minutes.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I watched Metropolis, Commando, and Wing Chun yesterday. 5.5 hours of doing nothing movies is really tiring.
  • Watched Escape from New York last night for the first time. It's a definite B film and I understand why it's considered a cult classic.
  • Moneyball is a very good but very slow movie that should not be watched relatively late at night.
  • Ip Man was most excellent. I hope Ip Man 2 is just as good.
    From what I have heard, it is not, but it is still entertaining.

I am watching The Thing for about the hundreth time. It really holds up.
  • Hanna. Fun. Very very silly, but unapologetically poetic and fairytale-esque.

The Life of Brian. Still one of my favorite comedies of all time. It says more about life and the world in 30 seconds than mist movies manage in 2 hours.
    Ip Man 2 is more entertaining, but not as good a movie.
  • On my flight from Paris to San Francisco I watched 4 movies:

Super 8. Kids and aliens. Intentionally reminiscent of E.T. Pretty good fun, but not as special as some people make out.

Source Code. Fun repeating time travel save the world thriller. Very good fun! Way better than the director's first movie, which I thought was stupid.

Thor. Very silly, but one of the most enjoyable super hero movies I've seen. I don't watch many though. It actually had a story!

Bridesmaids. A comedy about women and a wedding. I thought it was hilarious.
  • Thor. Very silly, but one of the most enjoyable super hero movies I've seen. I don't watch many though. It actually had a story!
    It's probably the best of the superhero movies in terms of "movie" qualities: plot and acting and all that crap.
  • Thor. Very silly, but one of the most enjoyable super hero movies I've seen. I don't watch many though. It actually had a story!
    It's probably the best of the superhero movies in terms of "movie" qualities: plot and acting and all that crap.
    Man, if you thought Thor was silly, watch First Avenger: Captain America. It's so pulpy that it's amazing.
  • I watched Lethal Weapon with Emily the other day, as I hadn't actually seen it all the way though as a kid. (I started with 2).

80s movies really like to ruin good acting with terrible mood music.
    Ip Man 2 is more entertaining, but not as good a movie.
    I felt like Ip Man 2 was a huge disappointment. It never really made me care about what was happening.
  • I felt like Ip Man 2 was a huge disappointment. It never really made me care about what was happening.
    The biggest fail of Ip Man 2 was that he didn't beat up ten guys at once.
  • I felt like Ip Man 2 was a huge disappointment. It never really made me care about what was happening.
    I will more than likely be watching Ip Man 2 later on today. I was told on G+ that, "The sequel is good, but the story isn't as profound as the first one." I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to get out of it.
    I will more than likely be watching Ip Man 2 later on today. I was told on G+ that, "The sequel is good, but the story isn't as profound as the first one." I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to get out of it.
    That's a pretty accurate description. Instead of beating up ten guys at once he fought Sammo Hung on a table, and while it's not as poignant, I think it's a better fight (sans context).
  • That's a pretty accurate description. Instead of beating up ten guys at once he fought Sammo Hung on a table, and while it's not as poignant, I think it's a better fight (sans context).
    Yeah, that was the best fight in the movie.
  • Have you all still not seen Drive? Go see Drive. GO SEE DRIVE.
  • Just wactched Skills Like This. Pretty cool indie flick. Just started The Immaclate Conception of Little Drizzle.
  • Watched Ip Man 2 yesterday. It was enjoyable, but definitely not as good as the first. I also enjoyed the table fight. I really didn't care for the rival British boxer guy, but I did like the message Ip Man gave after his victory.