This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Making Things With String

Comments

• I am totally making yarn colorways for each of the MLP ponies when my sparkly yarn gets here.
  • I am totally making yarn colorways for each of the MLP ponies when my sparkly yarn gets here.
    NOOOO!

That is such a great idea, but bad for my wallet. -________-
  • You musn't let your dealer have that level of power over you.
  • YARN! YARN! YARN! YARN! I HAZ EXCITEMENT & HAPPY!

BTW, Nuri. I've been talking to my local yarn stores and showing them your yarn via pictures on my phone. One store is very interested if you do bulk dying.
  • BTW, Nuri. I've been talking to my local yarn stores and showing them your yarn via pictures on my phone. One store is very interested if you do bulk dying.
    That's really cool!

Nuri, you were quite right about lace looking like poo until it's been blocked. I was kind of iffy on it until I started blocking today. It looks quite nice now. Navy was still much too dark a color for the pattern, but it looks good.
  • One store is very interested if you do bulk dying.
    Eheheheheh... ;^_^ Well see, for that I would have to have a Tax ID number and be all legit and shit. I used to before I moved, but I haven't registered in New York yet. I WILL be willing do wholesale orders once I get all the official biznass in place, but they can't buy my yarn until I have that number, and I can't buy yarn at prices that allow me to sell at wholesale prices until I get that number. If it's going to be worth my while, I can move the paperwork up on the priority list, but I can't guarantee when it will be done.
  • No worries. I told them you are a full time law student, so with whatever free time you do have, you try to make yarn.

Well if anything, put anything you are willing to sell up on your store. I brought the stash to the local store near my apartment and the ladies were adoring and fawning over them. The store near my work was more interested in buying bulk. I'll just brag and show them my awesome yarn.
  • Okay, but you bought 75% of my update out from under me, so I have to dye some more yarn first! XD

I have a bunch of spinning fiber coming this week, and new yarn coming as soon as they put the fucking sparkle yarn up for sale (the 25th, they say this time). There will be dyeing, oh yes, there will be dyeing.
  • Okay, but you bought 75% of my update out from under me, so I have to dye some more yarn first! XD
    I couldn't help it. They were so pretty.

Seriously though, the ladies were praising your color schemes and said you had a good eye for it. They also like how the luscious yarn was twisted. I did too. I seriously have no idea what I'm going to do with half that yarn. I'll eventually think of something.
  • Socks and shawls are excellent ways to use single skeins of sock yarn. :)

I have a bunch of spinning fiber coming this week, and new yarn coming as soon as they put the fucking sparkle yarn up for sale (the 25th, they say this time). There will be dyeing, oh yes, there will be dyeing.
    You know, with how popular knitting is becoming lately, if you were to start doing this on a larger scale, I'd be looking seriously at investing in the project.
  • Finished the first repeat the scarf I'm making for my friend's Amy Pond costume. It contains a liberal sprinkling of the evil p2tog-b. It's also a bit more than twice that wide (~12" so far). Should definitely be able to finish it in the month or so before Megacon.
  • I'm thinking about participating in Knitting Crochet Blog Week 2011 this year. I like the topics for each day, but I don't know if I have enough time to prepare for all of them.
  • Which pony for the first sparkly stripes pony yarn?
  • I say Applejack or Fluttershy. Their color schemes are good start for the beginning of Spring.
  • I say Applejack or Fluttershy. Their color schemes are good start for the beginning of Spring.
    You are not helping. Those are already my two frontrunners! XD

Okay, Applejack would be a red, orange, and black stripey. Fluttershy would be pale yellow, pale pink, and deep turquoise. So, gothy or girly?
  • Okay, Applejack would be a red, orange, and black stripey. Fluttershy would be pale yellow, pale pink, and deep turquoise. So, gothy or girly?
    No yellow to compliment Applejack's hair color?

I really think that color way with Fluttershy will look really pretty.

Girly. All the way.
  • No yellow to compliment Applejack's hair color?
    I don't want to do more than 3 stripes. Anyway, the orange is more likely to be variegated like the skein I dyed for you, so there will be yellow in there.
    Um, Pinky Pie? Hello?
    Um, Pinky Pie? Hello?
    Meh. Mostly just pink. Would have been perfect for Valentine's Day.

I wonder how Nuri will do Rainbow Dash.
  • They are invading this thread too now?
  • They are invading this thread too now?
    all your threads are belong to ponies.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    I wonder how Nuri will do Rainbow Dash.
    Blue stripe, black stripe, rainbow handpainted stripe. Of course.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I think Big Macintosh deserves a skein.

Perhaps red, orange, and green?
  • Jeezus, I only have 20 skeins to work with for starters!

My Fluttershy didn't come out right, so I overdyed the pink (turned red) and the very, very yellow stripes with blue. I got this, which I love, but it is not a pony:

Going to try again this weekend.
  • Oh that's pretty. I'm sure that will sell.
  • New Ravatar.
  • Hahahaha awesome.

I want Funfetus to make a new panda one of mine but with knitting instead, however he's been MIA. Perhaps I'll shoot him an email sometime.
  • edited March 2011
    So, what are you bringing to PAX? I'm going to be knitting socks! I have a few pairs of my own to finish, plus a friend from Rav is sending me yarn to knit her a pair of socks. It's so I can learn to knit socks cuff-down. She's sending a skein for me and a skein for her socks!

I may also bring my Yak hat naalbinding project, which is not technically knitting, but is going to be awesome nonetheless.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I may also bring my Yak hat naalbinding project, which is not technically knitting, but is going to be awesome nonetheless.
    YAK PLANET YAK PLANET.