This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

Comments

• Wait are you all complaining because Nintendo is released a 3DS variation that doesn't carter to you? and dropped the price of the Wii U.. Seems like two smart moves for Nintendo. The 2DS will clearly be better for young kids.
    My only complaints are the design (not aesthetically, but rather practically) and that they needed better screen protection than a bag sold seperately. I can kind of understand what they're going for, but kids with small hands will have trouble playing that system. Granted, I may be nitpicking and overthinking things. ^_^'
  • I am quite enjoying Monster Hunter 3 on the 3DS.
    I would say that is the cartoony version of shadow of the colossus.

Would be cool if this existed.
  • That just makes me want a portable Wii U gamepad.
  • edited September 2013
    Fun fact: Scott Rubin did not know you could hire your previous Mii Plaza Street Tag guests to get past various rooms/shields in Find Mii 2 until this past weekend. :3

Also, I should have paid more attention to the ghost game before going up 3 floors to realize I should have just only used Jeremy's green Mii to just unlock the floor because I get 2 tags from him each day.

Also wish I didn't wait on building up my Warrior's Way army so much. It's going to be hard to get past the other levels.

And you can't delete the shitty flower game without deleting all your Mii Plaza games. So lame. I accidentally went into the game over the weekend and couldn't just exit out. I ended up turning off the DS to get out. FUCK. THAT. GAME.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The plant game gets better after about 100 visitors. The worst part is the guy who does not shut up!!!
  • edited September 2013
    Pokemon 3DS XL

September 27
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • I used an XL for a few days and I prefer the regular sized 3DS.
  • Akin to the smartphobe/flip phone .gif: http://lolnein.com/2013/09/06/2ds/

• LOL i like how it has to hold it's breath to head bang.
  • Haven't played candy box since Prime. I have all the puzzle pieces, so I'm good for now, unless there is a new puzzle. I'm sure there will be with the new Nintendo announcements.

Also has anyone played the new Mario/Luigi saga game? How is that fairing?
  • edited October 2013
    I have it. It's alright. It's pretty charming and it's kinda funny. Actually I've found the humor to be better in this game than in previous installments. The game tutorialzes stuff for like the first 2 hours or so which is absurd. Some of it they sorta bypass by saying "do you want me to explain this?" But there was literally a time when I said no and the game said ...well I'll explain it anyway. Combats same old same old. They did spruce up with some use of the directional pad and the gyroscope use but the gyroscope is kinda a pain.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Didn't they do that in previous games? I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much as I have enjoyed the previous versions. Get them BEANS!
  • I don't remember it being so pervasive but yeah maybe they did and I just didn't notice or maybe I was more willing to deal with the bullshit. And yes there is still definitely beans.
  • I'm about 20 hours in. It's no Inside Story unfortunately, but I'm still having fun with it.

It feels more hand holdey. But the combat does get tough, so don't be fooled. It's not a baby game, they just give you a ton of hints and nudges.
  • I was also wondering how they decided on the number.
  • 6 degrees of separation?
  • I've barely touched the first Picross. Jeremy's been playing the Picrosses on iOS. He plays that shit almost as much as I Cross the Animals. Speaking of: 366 hours and going. ^^;;
  • I've barely touched the first Picross. Jeremy's been playing the Picrosses on iOS. He plays that shit almost as much as I Cross the Animals. Speaking of: 366 hours and going. ^^;;
    I beat about 90% of the puzzles on both Picross e and e2. The remaining ones are the kind where you get to a point where you have to just guess, which is annoying.

• Absolutely beautiful looking. Color me excited.
  • Is there a better/more reliable place to share friend codes? 'Cause if not, 2638-0681-9642
  • Is there a better/more reliable place to share friend codes? 'Cause if not, 2638-0681-9642
    I guess it's time to re-link the spreadsheet.
  • edited October 2013
    Is there a better/more reliable place to share friend codes? 'Cause if not, 2638-0681-9642
    I guess it's time to re-link the spreadsheet.
    Ahaha, excellent. Thanks.

Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • I just realized I never posted my 3DS friend code here. It's 0216-1507-8505. Add me to that thar spreadsheet and expect a friend request from me if your code is on that sheet.
  • Well, I finally got my Mii to look like me instead of whoever owned this 3DS last. 0087-3715-5381 for whoever wants it.
  • Hulu plus on 3DS now.
  • Added you, Admiral Hotcakes, plus everyone else from that list I'm reasonably sure is/will be playing Pokemon.