This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm saddened.... (Board games)

Comments

• Finally uploaded our game inventory on a Google Doc just to be organized as well as for Jeremy's party this weekend.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF7ynacKfCCdGMxMjZJOXJ6ZGpJTGJkcVRQWFQ1TkE

I feel we don't have enough games. -____-
  • lol 69.
  • Descent: Journeys in the Dark looks frigging awesome but man, that pricetag...
  • lol 69.
    Agreed
  • edited August 2012
    I liked the comment only saying Panda! :3.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited August 2012
    We actually forgot a game, it's that other one from the creators of Spot It!. I don't even recall the name of the game.

Edit: It's called Trigger.

Eventually we'll be adding the following to that list whenever the Kickstarter projects come in:

Velociraptor! Cannibalism!
    Viva Java
    Legends of Adventure: The Board Game
    Tsuro of the Seas... A game of treacherous waters.
    Pixel Lincoln: The Deckbuilding Game
    The Duke
    GROUND FLOOR - A business building board game
    FlowerFall: Cards from the Sky
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited August 2012
    Man, Ro. I aspire to have that many board games some day. Now I understand why you don't have much space for books.

I think my present count is at ten, but since I'm holding off on the Nexus 7, I can afford to order some more this week. I'm thinking Galaxy Trucker, Memoir 44, and Caylus. The next batch is going to be Neuroshima Hex, Agricola, and either Power Grid or Ticket to Ride.

I really want Dune, though. That's the Holy Grail.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Some people I (internet) know are going to try to demo a game they've made called Paiko at PAX apparently.

http://paikogame.com/
  • Yeah, I want either a bigger apartment now, or live in a duplex. We recently did some major cleaning and got rid of many books, dvds, and sold them to Half Priced Books.

Jeremy still has many things that I think aren't necessary to owning, but he likes to "collect" things. He has really silly things like the Tomb Raider CCG or Harry Potter CCG. He doesn't want to get rid of it, but he never plays it. It's a whole gorilla rack of stuff that could be used to store other things.

I think the next game I want to own is Quarriors. That game was fun.
  • I really want Dune, though. That's the Holy Grail.
    Make a papercraft version. You can find the rules on BoardGameGeek.
    Pick up a copy of Rex, published by Fantasy Flight Games. It's only been out for a few months. It's Dune, just with a Twilight Imperium theme instead.

Pick up a copy of Rex, published by Fantasy Flight Games. It's only been out for a few months. It's Dune, just with a Twilight Imperium theme instead.
    Any good? Is it the exact same ruleset, just reskinned?

• I too am excited for Pixel Lincoln to come in Ro, that game was awesome when I played it pre-kickstarter.
    Any good? Is it the exact same ruleset, just reskinned?

Go ahead and read all the reviews on BoardGameGeek. From what I've heard on podcast reviews, everyone likes it, there are some very minor rules tweaks, but nothing is stopping you from just playing with the original Dune rules.

• Does anyone have an opinion on Tichu?
  • Does anyone have an opinion on Tichu?
    I've played it. If you enjoy bridge, then you will like this game. It is VERY traditional playing card game but follows the same principals as bridge and hearts.
  • I do. Coldguy hit it more or less on the head. I even started a trick taking card game thread and it came up. Most people here don't seem to enjoy it but if you like TTCG's then you will dig it.

As I type, I'm getting ready to go to the weekly Tichu meetup.m =D
  • I do. Coldguy hit it more or less on the head. I even started a trick taking card game thread and it came up. Most people here don't seem to enjoy it but if you like TTCG's then you will dig it.

As I type, I'm getting ready to go to the weekly Tichu meetup.m =D
    I would play it again, it took me a bit in order to get the hang of the game, but it is not bad overall. My grandparents are in more that sort of game and it does scratch a different itch.
  • Eclipse arrived today! I am fucking dying to play this game. It looks so boss.

Anyone who owns Eclipse: How'd you organize this beast? What goes in the cloth bags? I feel like this needs a slotted tray for the small tiles--I have been hopelessly spoiled by Small World.
  • It comes with a ton of plastic bags, use them.
  • Eclipse arrived today! I am fucking dying to play this game. It looks so boss.

Anyone who owns Eclipse: How'd you organize this beast? What goes in the cloth bags? I feel like this needs a slotted tray for the small tiles--I have been hopelessly spoiled by Small World.
    It comes with a whole set of bags.

I put plastic ships, starbases, and ambassadors in the "medium-big" bags by color.

Wooden chips in the "medium-small" bags by color.

Purple wood chips and resource chips in smallest bags.

I actually bought a bunch of tiny sandwich bags to sort tech. I don't even stack them on the board. I just have them sorted into "computers, ships, engines, shields, sources, weapons" bags basically.

Tech goes in white bag.

Reputation goes in black bag.

Ancients/GCDS go in another bag with the A/B symbols.

Discoveries go in a another bag.

I threw away the box the ships came in.

At some point I want to laminate the play boards, re-box the thing more efficiently, make the tech-board stand-up, and get those plastic trays that fit the wooden chips. But right now I havn't taken any of those steps. I'm also kinda waiting on the expansion.
  • I'm late to this party, link to Eclipse pretty please?

Is it a $500 board game? :P
  • @creamsteak You are going to want to get a sewing organizer for all the science tokens, there is a lot of them and you need to organize them all.
  • edited August 2012
    I'm late to this party, link to Eclipse pretty please?

Is it a $500 board game? :P
    You know what, because I'm in a good mood, I'll do half the work for you.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/. There's this thing called a search bar on the top of the page. If you click on it, you can type "Eclipse" and then hit enter. Suddenly all this information comes up about the game.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited August 2012
    I googled. Sorry. :)

I miss the pre-google world. Asking easy-to-answer questions used to be good for maintaining or kindling a conversation. Now all you're likely to get is lmgtfy.com. :(
    Post edited by muppet on
  • @creamsteak You are going to want to get a sewing organizer for all the science tokens, there is a lot of them and you need to organize them all.
    Science tokens?
  • I googled. Sorry. :)

I miss the pre-google world. Asking easy-to-answer questions used to be good for maintaining or kindling a conversation. Now all you're likely to get is lmgtfy.com. :(
    It must be an introvert/extrovert thing. I prefer the world where we try not to ask the simple questions, and instead only talk when we can try to have more meaningful educated conversation.

It must be an introvert/extrovert thing. I prefer the world where we try not to ask the simple questions, and instead only talk when we can try to have more meaningful educated conversation.
    I'm pretty strongly on the introvert side of the line, but the small questions are how you relate to people and lubricate a conversation. Not every single human interaction has to be maximally efficient. I'm not sure that's an introvert thing, sounds more like something on the asperger/autism spectrum to me.
  • That game looks sweet. I wish I had friends. :(

For the record, I asked you if Rex was any good because I wanted your specific opinion, and not random ones on BGG. ~_^